zeovit.com Korallenzucht  

Go Back   zeovit.com > General Discussion Forums - International > General Discussion - English

General Discussion - English General Marine Aquaria Discussion with and without ZEOVit.

Active Threads
0 Time to stop Zeovit?
Last Post: Daddio
Posted On: Today
Replies: 0
Views: 6
0 New Tank, ready to rock and roll!
Last Post: G.Alexander
Replies: 17
Views: 1,305
0 switching to zeo system possibly
Replies: 200
Views: 11,057
0 Easy Lift Magnetic Zeofilter
Last Post: berlin-riff
Replies: 3
Views: 131
0 建立微信群
Last Post: 淹死的鱼
Posted On: Yesterday
Replies: 1
Views: 142
0 Flatworm stop
Last Post: rigleautomotive
Replies: 2
Views: 148
0 A Reef in the Sky
Last Post: Pandy
Replies: 919
Views: 314,873
0 Aktivkohle im Fliessbettfilter
Replies: 5
Views: 407
0 New zeovit in France
Replies: 40
Views: 3,717
0 My salty box
Last Post: blackizzz
Replies: 2
Views: 94
More...
Old 04-25-2018, 03:48 PM
Carrico Carrico 目前線上
ZEOhead in Training

Post New to zeovit - Brazil

Hello friends! First of all I would like to thank you for all the information posted here in the forum, they were fundamental for my development as an aquarist.

My name is Jorge Carri蔞, I live in Sao Paulo, Brazil. I finally got all the zeovit products for my reef. I would like to share my parameters and take some doubts with you.

1. Gross water volume of your complete system (incl. sump etc.) - US gallons / UK gallons / liter - 130g
2. Net water volume (incl. sump etc.) - US gallons / UK gallons / liter - 100g
3. Are you using a CaCO2 reactor or other technique - No
4. Are you using a PO4 reactor (how long, how long ago, etc.) - No
5. Are you using Ozone - No
6. Are you using UV - No
7. What skimmer are you using (type, rated water volume) - OCTO SKIMMER CLASSIC 200-INT IN-SUMP 1200L
8. What are your actual PO4 and NO3 levels - Both undetectable
9. What are your actual Ca, Alk and Mg levels - Alk 7.0 - Ca - 450 Mg - 1410 - K+ 380
10. What filtration method do you use (refugium, DSB, Miracle Mud, etc.) - vertex rx-z 3.0 zeolite reactor - 1L Zeovit
11. Type of light (Watt, color temp, how old, etc.) Hybrid T5 and Led (4 giesemann actinic, 1 aquablue and 1 purple - Htdra 26HD)
12. What corals do you keep - SPS and few LPS
13. Tissue color (light or dark) - Light
14. How long has the tank been running - 7 months
15. Why do you want to use the ZEOvit system - Color and Growth
16. Any supplemental dosing (type, amount, why, etc.) - Tropic Marin Balling
17. Live rock (how much, how old, etc.) 50lb - 7 months
18. Any present problems - Brown sand
19. Problem description (tissue loss tips, tissue loss base, diatom bloom, algae, etc.) - diatom bloom
20. What test kit do you use (how old, recently switched, etc.) Ca, kh, Mg, K+, I, Fe, No3 and PO4 (redsea) - Ca, Kh, and Mg (salifert)
21. Present dosing, amounts and intervals (ZEOvit, ZEObak, ZEOfood, ZEOstart, ZEOspur2, etc.) - Start tank saturday (04/21) - Zeovit 1L - Zeobak 4 drops day - Zeofood 4 drops twice week - Zeostart 0.4ml 2x daily
22. Other water parameters and water stability (salinity, temp, etc.) - 1026 - 26C
23. Which salt brand do you use - Aquaforest Reef Salt

My first doubt is this. On Saturday, the first day of zeovit, my nitrate was at 0.2. Today, 04/25 is undetectable, just like phosphate. Should I start dosing CV, AAHC or Xtra? At first I would wait a month or two to start dosing the color / food agents, what should I do?

Sorry for my English!

Thank you!
Old 04-26-2018, 02:19 AM
G.Alexander G.Alexander 目前離線
ZEOadmin

Hi Jorge

I would recommend you some smaller changes:

Connect the zeovit reactor pump to a clock timer and run the reactor pump with a 3 hour on / 3 hour off / 3 hour on interval. Please make sure the zeolite is not exposed to air while the pump is switched off. Clean the material daily. Leave the zeolite 4 weeks in the filter until you do the first change out. This is the first changing interval, others could be lengthen to 6 – 8 weeks. Make sure the water flow through the reactor is 100 US gallons per hour.

As you recently have started the system dose ZeoBac daily @ 4 drops for the next 7 days. Usually after each exchange ZeoBac is dosed for 10 days daily. The rest of your dosing regimen is fine.

Additional place 0.4 liters activated carbon in a filter sock and keep it in a passive water flow in your sump, changed every 30 days. Knead the carbon daily to keep the surface clean. Most users get perfect results with korallenzucht carbon.

If the brown film on the sand does not get reduced over the time it might make sense to stop dosing ZeoFood temporary. Before adding additional products to your dosing regimen lets see how the corals are doing over the next 2 weeks. If you like to you can already start to dose 8 drops CoralVitalizer 2 x weekly from now on.

G.Alexander
Old 04-26-2018, 09:55 AM
Carrico Carrico 目前線上
ZEOhead in Training

Thank you G. Alexander!

It may be psychological, but corals are much more beautiful with 5 days of zeovit...
I put 0.4 liters activated carbon in a filter sock and I will wait at least 14 days to start dosing the other elements. The reactor is working as described by you.
Yesterday, slightly decreased brown film on the sand, but I know that it is only a temporary matter for the change in the system.
Today I will start with the CV and see how the system will react. Yesterday for the first time I used Sponge Power 4 drops ...
Later I would like help with the dosage of Xtra, AAHC and finally when I can use ZeoSpur 2.

Thanks for all the support!
Old 04-27-2018, 02:27 AM
ZEOadmin

Sounds good, lets wait until the system is running stabile and corals showing good growth and health before dosing ZeoSpur.

G.Alexander
Old 04-28-2018, 10:27 PM
Carrico Carrico 目前線上
ZEOhead in Training

Hi!

Today completed 8 days from the start of zeovit. I did a partial water change of 10%. The corals are responding very well, some that were completely brown began to present new coloration. Brown algae decreased by at least 60%. The PE of corals are much better
I started dosing CV (8 drops) and SP (4 drops). My Torchs felt a slight decrease in nutrients, which led me to dose AAHC. I felt some fear in dosing all these products, but both No3 and PO4 remain undetectable and the brown algae in the substrate did not benefit after the dosage of the products.

I thought about doing the following routine this week and would like a suggestion.

All days - 4 drops bak, 0.4ml zeostart 2x day

2x week - 4 drops zeofood
2x week - 4 drops SP
2x week - 2 drops AAHC
2x week - 4 drops zeofood

I only have 5 fish, they produce little organic load.

Thank you very much for the attention and all suggestions are always very welcome!
Old 04-28-2018, 10:55 PM
ZEOadmin

It is not necessary to dose ZeoBac daily except after a ZeoVit exchange for 10 days, otherwise dose it 2 – 3 x weekly.

Lets continue dosing as follows:

ZeoBac – 4 drops 2 x weekly
ZeoStart – 0.4 ml 2 x daily
ZeoFood – 4 drops 2 x weekly
AAHC – 2 drops 2 x weekly
SpongePower – 4 drops every other day

G.Alexander
Old 06-20-2018, 11:56 AM
Carrico Carrico 目前線上
ZEOhead in Training

Hello friends!

After almost two months of zeovit in my reef, I would like to share the results.
Firstly, I'm really pleased with the transformation zeovit made in my reef. My corals have completely changed over these 2 months, the colors are brighter every day, the system stable and the water crystal clear.
I'm not using the coloring products yet.

I would like to share some photos of the 9 months taken from my iphone 6 (I still need to improve on the photo ).

During these two months I changed the layout of the rocks and finally found something that pleases me, I believe that after putting more corals and they grow, everything will look more beautiful.

Any suggestions will be very welcome!

Sorry for my English!

Thank you all!
Old 06-20-2018, 12:57 PM
jacky jacky 目前離線
Almost a ZEOhead

Wow ~ beautiful tank, ask about the value of no3&po4, and the current use of medicines, and T5 lamp, let me refer to learn, thank you.
Old 06-20-2018, 02:56 PM
Carrico Carrico 目前線上
ZEOhead in Training

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacky View Post
Wow ~ beautiful tank, ask about the value of no3&po4, and the current use of medicines, and T5 lamp, let me refer to learn, thank you.
Hello Jacky

My PO4 and NO3 values ​​are undetectable by the Salifert and Red Sea tests.
I am currently using Zeobak, zeofood, zeostart, Vitalizer, SpongePower and AAHC.
As for lighting, replace all T5 with Aquaillumination Hydra 52HD. In Brazil it is practically impossible to have T5 due to the heat it makes throughout the year.
What I realized that helped a lot in the coloring of corals was the addition of more fish. Today I have 10 fish, and even with undetectable values ​​of NO3 and PO4, fish dirt makes corals very good.

Thank You!
Old 06-20-2018, 06:23 PM
jacky jacky 目前離線
Almost a ZEOhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carrico View Post
Hello Jacky

My PO4 and NO3 values ​​are undetectable by the Salifert and Red Sea tests.
I am currently using Zeobak, zeofood, zeostart, Vitalizer, SpongePower and AAHC.
As for lighting, replace all T5 with Aquaillumination Hydra 52HD. In Brazil it is practically impossible to have T5 due to the heat it makes throughout the year.
What I realized that helped a lot in the coloring of corals was the addition of more fish. Today I have 10 fish, and even with undetectable values ​​of NO3 and PO4, fish dirt makes corals very good.

Thank You!
Thank you, this is a beautiful tank. I am very happy to meet you in the Asian region. Fish excrement seems to be a good coral food. Thank you for sharing. We have a common hobby. Coral is so beautiful. It is often forgotten. Can not forget for a long time