zeovit.com Sewatec.de - Reef Supply International  

Go Back   zeovit.com > General Discussion Forums - International > General Discussion - English

General Discussion - English General Marine Aquaria Discussion with and without ZEOVit.

Active Threads
0 Zeo-Testbecken
Last Post: jacky
Posted On: Today
Replies: 4
Views: 120
0 New Zeovit user in Ireland
Replies: 1
Views: 33
0 changing to full zeo,need some advice and help
Replies: 25
Views: 462
0 New tank Elos 160 XL
Replies: 24
Views: 1,476
0 A restart
Last Post: G.Alexander
Replies: 177
Views: 16,409
0 100g SPS Tank
Last Post: G.Alexander
Replies: 95
Views: 7,019
0 Live & Refrigerated Foods - New $7.99 Flat Rate 2 day Air Shipping
Last Post: Premiumaq
Posted On: Yesterday
Replies: 0
Views: 26
5 green algae outbreak
Last Post: Bugger
Replies: 37
Views: 915
0 Zeo Product Dosing
Last Post: scybulski
Replies: 2
Views: 136
0 New ZeoVit tank
Replies: 40
Views: 2,071
More...
Old 10-10-2018, 03:25 PM
elgringodiablo elgringodiablo 目前離線
ZEOhead in Training

Default Raising Nitrates

My Zeovit tank currently has too low Nitrates (0-0.25 Red Sea). I'd like to get it up to 1-2 range.

Details:

1. Total water volume of the entire system (including oil sump, etc.) - US gallons / imperial gallons / liters - 100 gallons
2. Water purification (including oil sump, etc.) - US gallons / imperial gallons / liters ????
3. Are you using a CaCO2 reactor or other technology? - Yes, Kalk Stirrer and CA-Rx (not feeding CO2 yet, since Kalk meets current demands.
You are using the PO4 reactor (how long, how long ago, etc.) Yes, BRS GFO, just until I get my PO4 down to 0.03 or so.
Are you using ozone? No
Are you using ultraviolet light? No
7. What skimmers do you use (model, rated water) - Vertex Omega 180 (180 gallon rated)
8. What is your actual PO4 and NO3 level? PO4 0.06 NO3 - 0-0.25
9. What is your actual Ca, Alk and Mg content? Alk - 7.5, CA - 420, MG- 1340
10. What filtering method do you use (refugium, DSB, Miracle Mud, etc.) Zeo reactor, cheato refugium, rock
11. Type of light (watt, color temperature, how big, etc.) Ecotech Radion Gen4 Pros + ATI Blue Plus t5s
What coral do you keep? SPS
13. Tissue color (light or dark) Darker
14. How long has the tank been running? 5 months
15. Why use the ZEOvit system? Had success with it on another SPS dominant tank.
16. Any supplemental dose (type, quantity, cause, etc.) Pohl's Xtra 4-5ml per day
17. Live rock (how much, how big, etc.) 120lbs or TLF Stax Rock
18. Any existing issues - Minor bubble algae outbreak, not much coral growth
19. Description of the problem (deletion of tissue, tissue loss basis, algae, algae, etc.) Corals aren't really growing much, worried about NO3 dropping below PO4 levels and possible dino outbreak.
20. What test kit do you use (how old, recently switched, etc.) Red Sea for Cal, Mg and No4, Hanna for Alk (dKH) and Po4 (ULR)
21. Current dose, quantity and interval (ZEOvit, ZEObak, ZEOfood, ZEOstart, ZEOspur2, etc.) ZEOvit - 1 liter per 6-8 weeks, ZEObak 4-6 drops twice a week, ZEOfood rarely ever, ZEOstart 1ml per day
22. Other water parameters and water stability (salinity, temperature, etc.) - SG 1.026, Temp 78-79.
23. Which salt brand do you use? Red Sea Blue Bucket
Old 10-10-2018, 07:18 PM
jacky jacky 目前離線
ZEOhead

[19. Description of the problem (organization, tissue loss, algae, algae, etc.) The coral did not really grow too much, fearing that NO3 would fall below the PO4 level and could break out. ] and, [What is my actual PO4 and NO3 level? PO4 0.06 NO3 - 0-0.25 ].

This is a very contradictory place
Old 10-10-2018, 08:35 PM
jacky jacky 目前離線
ZEOhead

First, you need to start with a reduction in nutrients, the amount of zeolite and the flow of zeolite, and Zeo bac, Spong power, and Zeo start3, and arrive at the first replacement of the zeolite. So has the system been a KZ system for about 5 months? Often in a malnourished environment, coral tissue becomes lighter and it is more appropriate to add some nutrients. It is recommended to change the Xtra to 1~2 times a week, then start from the KZ base 4 balance and calculate the zeolite flow through the outlet.
Old 10-11-2018, 03:18 AM
G.Alexander G.Alexander 目前離線
ZEOadmin

Have you already checked the systems K+ level (potassium) ?

I personally do not see a reason to increase NO3 in your system, I expect there is something else which does speed down the growth of your corals.

G.Alexander
Old 10-11-2018, 05:09 PM
Bugger Bugger 目前線上
ZEOdabbler

I add it along with zeostart 3. I add the recommended dose and then 4 more drops of pure nitrate to a 100gallon tank I use seachem nitrogen. Been using it for about 6 months