zeovit.com AquaIllumination  

Go Back   zeovit.com > General Discussion Forums - International > General Discussion - English

General Discussion - English General Marine Aquaria Discussion with and without ZEOVit.

Active Threads
0 Zeo-Testbecken
Last Post: jacky
Posted On: Today
Replies: 4
Views: 120
0 New Zeovit user in Ireland
Replies: 1
Views: 33
0 changing to full zeo,need some advice and help
Replies: 25
Views: 462
0 New tank Elos 160 XL
Replies: 24
Views: 1,476
0 A restart
Last Post: G.Alexander
Replies: 177
Views: 16,409
0 100g SPS Tank
Last Post: G.Alexander
Replies: 95
Views: 7,017
0 Live & Refrigerated Foods - New $7.99 Flat Rate 2 day Air Shipping
Last Post: Premiumaq
Posted On: Yesterday
Replies: 0
Views: 26
5 green algae outbreak
Last Post: Bugger
Replies: 37
Views: 915
0 Zeo Product Dosing
Last Post: scybulski
Replies: 2
Views: 136
0 New ZeoVit tank
Replies: 40
Views: 2,071
More...
Old 09-19-2018, 11:42 AM
Lionfishes7 Lionfishes7 ثeu
ZEOhead in Training

Default High Phosphates on new Zeovit system!

Hi everyone I need a bit of help I just started using the Zeovit system about a month ago and my phosphates are sky high! Before I would control my phosphate with GFO, my nitrates stayed in check but now on the Zeovit system I just cant get my phosphates down.

1. Gross water volume of your complete system (incl. sump etc.)- 112 US Gallon/ 423 Litres
2. Net water volume (incl. sump etc.) 80 US Gallon/302 Litres
3. Are you using a CaCO2 reactor or other technique :Yes Korallin Calcium reactor
4. Are you using a PO4 reactor (how long, how long ago, etc.) : No
5. Are you using Ozone: No
6. Are you using UV: No
7. What skimmer are you using (type, rated water volume): Reef Octopus REGAL 1506 rated up to 900 LPH/31.5 SCFH*
8. What are your actual PO4 and NO3 levels: No3 = 20 and po4 = 0.049ppm Hanna
9. What are your actual Ca, Alk and Mg levels: Ca=460ppm, Alk=9 dKh, Mg=1300ppm ,
10. What filtration method do you use (refugium, DSB, Miracle Mud, etc.): Skimmer, Skimz MBR127 Macroalge Reactor 2 x marine pure blocks
11. Type of light (Watt, color temp, how old, etc.):4x54w Giesemann Matrixx II Dimtec (12 hours)
12. What corals do you keep: SPS
13. Tissue color (light or dark): On the darker side
14. How long has the tank been running: 1 year
15. Why do you want to use the ZEOvit system: better coloration for my SPS
16. Any supplemental dosing (type, amount, why, etc.): FM Amino Acids, Coral balance, Coral Vitalizer & color elements
17. Live rock (how much, how old, etc.): live rocks 1 year old approx 20 -25 kgs
18. Any present problems : High Phosphates
19. Problem description (tissue loss tips, tissue loss base, diatom bloom, algae, etc.):
20. What test kit do you use (how old, recently switched, etc.): Salifert and Hanna checker ULR
21. Present dosing, amounts and intervals (ZEOvit, ZEObak, ZEOfood, ZEOstart, ZEOspur2, etc.) Vibrant
22. Other water parameters and water stability 78-79 degrees, PH 8.1 Amonia 0, Nitrate 20, Salt 1.025, 10% weekly water changes, 2 Clowns 2 yellow tang 1 foxface, 26-27 degrees in summer and 25-26 in winters.
23. Which salt brand do you use: Red Sea Blue bucket.
Old 09-19-2018, 12:18 PM
jacky jacky ثeu
ZEOhead

Welcome to zeovit

Please refer to Resources for the following.

Start reducing the nutrition of basic products:

1. Place 0.75 liters of zeovit into the Zeo reactor. The zeolite water flow rate is approximately 300 liters per hour. The reactor pump was connected to a clock timer and the reactor pump was run for a 3 hour / 3 hour / 3 hour start time. When the pump is turned off, ensure that the zeolite is not exposed to the air. Clean the materials daily. The zeolite was left in the filter for 4 weeks until the first replacement. This is the first replacement interval and the other intervals can be extended to 6-8 weeks.

2. Place 0.3 liters of activated carbon in the filter bag and place it in a passive stream of water in the sump, changing every 30 days. Wipe the carbon every day to keep the surface clean. Most users get the perfect result with korallenzucht carbon.

3. Take 3 drops of ZeoBac daily for the first 2 weeks, taking 2-3 times a week, taking 3 drops each time. Daily dose 0.3 ml ZeoStart 2 times (morning and evening). They are put into use before the Zeo reactor pump is turned on.

You can then use other products for coral staining. Adjust your skimmer to keep it moist, keep it clean, and export as much as possible. Add water and salt, change water 5-10% per week.

The basic water parameters look good and try to be stable in the following areas of New South Wales:

KH 6.5 - 7.5
Ca 400 - 420 mg
Mg 1250 - 1300 mg
K + ~380 mg

For malnourished environments, K + (potassium) seems to be an important factor. I recommend that you also get a test kit for this element and post your results.

@ Any supplemental dose (type, quantity, cause, etc.): FM amino acids, coral balance, coral vitality and pigment
A: Let us temporarily stop adding, change the use of better in a malnourished environment

@What filter method do you use (refugium, DSB, Miracle Mud, etc.): skimmer, roller pad, 2 x ocean pure block
A: Usually kz system, internal oil tank, skimmer, zeolite reactor, activated carbon, live rock. Other items are not recommended. Try to exclude the cause of uncertain objects

A: Confirm that the ro / di device is good

Note: This may be a problem. This is just my little advice. I hope you can refer to the advice of G.Alexander.

Your situation has two things in common with AB_Reefer, but your no3&po4 is worth more.
Old 09-19-2018, 10:12 PM
JMac JMac ثeu
Almost a ZEOhead

question 20 you answered Hanna ULR, if this is correct it displays results in ppb not ppm therefore 0.049 wouldnt be excessively high. when converted to ppm that would equate to 0.0001ppm. your nitrates at 20 is what you need to reduce.
Old 09-20-2018, 03:59 AM
G.Alexander G.Alexander ثeu
ZEOadmin

Hi Lionfishes7

Please tell us something more about your dosing regimen, tell us how much ZeoVit you use and what the water flow through the reactor is (measured).

G.Alexander
Old 09-20-2018, 11:32 AM
ZEOhead in Training

Thanks guys for taking a look. Jmac you are right I was reading the Phosphate of the Hanna ULR and my phosphate levels are good its my nitrates that are killing me! Thank you for being the other pair of eyes needed....lol but I still think I need help with the dosing of everything.
G.Alexander,
Here is my dosing regimen can you please let me know the best way to dose for a 112gallon tank with the Zeovit system?

ZEOvit, 1 Liter with flow rate of 100 gph. The first 3 weeks I did a 3 hours on 3 hours off cycle.
ZEObak, 4 drops daily for 2 weeks/ after the 2 week start up 4 drops 2 times a week.
ZEOfood7, 4 drops daily for 2 weeks/ after the 2 week start up 4 drops 2 times a week.
ZEOstart3, .25ml daily
Pohl Xtra special 4ml daily
K-Balance 2 ml every 2 days
Coral Vitalizer 4 drops daily
Korallen-Zucht Activted Carbon Liter

jacky, my ro/di system is a 6 stage unit from BRS and its 2 months old.
Old 09-20-2018, 02:22 PM
jacky jacky ثeu
ZEOhead

I think that you can improve now.

If the coral performs well, you can switch the zeolite reactor to continuous flow.

The zeolite was left in the filter for 4 weeks until the first replacement. This is the first replacement interval. Have you changed it? If the replacement is replaced by 90%, the old 10% is retained, and the zeo bac 3 drops every day for ten days. [0.75 L]zeovit was placed in a Zeo reactor with a zeolite water flow rate of approximately [300 liters per hour].

Xtra is changed to 1 or 2 times a week instead of daily.

Start changed to 0.3ml early/night, adjust skimmer to be wet, and get K level, and confirm NP level.
If you can, it is better to attach a coral tank picture.

Last edited by jacky; 09-20-2018 at 02:34 PM.
Old 09-20-2018, 06:29 PM
ZEOhead in Training

Thanks jacky this weekend I will change out 90% of the zeovit and start on your recommended dosage.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20180920_142512.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	51.5 KB
ID:	21608   Click image for larger version

Name:	20180919_190102.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	65.5 KB
ID:	21609  
Old 09-20-2018, 07:31 PM
jacky jacky ثeu
ZEOhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lionfishes7 View Post
Thanks jacky this weekend I will change out 90% of the zeovit and start on your recommended dosage.
Part of the zeolite and start3 can. The dose of Xtra I am not sure, there are not many corals, and the biology is first established. I think it would be better to follow the steps, using the kz base (zeo bac, zeo sponge power, zeo start3, zeo carbon). There are many detailed resources in the FAQ that can be read first. The dose portion will be better according to G. Alexander's advice. Your tank is good, I like it.
Old 09-20-2018, 10:06 PM
jacky jacky ثeu
ZEOhead

First make the first stage

Consider phase 1 the initiatation of ZEOvit method. The basic 4 are used to reduce nutrients in a balanced manner. As nutrients & "reserves" are depleted, the corals become brighter, lighter in appearance & the quantities of the zeo's dosed becomes less.

Enter phase 2[~3-6mos], the corals continue to colorize more & nutrients are becoming more exhausted. During this phase, however, if dosing is stopped for more than a few days, nutrients again begin to rise, & corals become darker. This is due to "pooled-reserves" still remaining available.
Old 09-21-2018, 12:14 AM
ZEOadmin

Thank you, basically your dosing regimen is fine however I would recommend you some changes:

ZEObak, 4 drops daily for 2 weeks/ after each zeovit exchange, otherwise 4 drops 2 x weekly
ZEOfood7, 4 drops 1 x weekly
ZEOstart3, .35ml 2 x daily
Pohl Xtra – stop dosing it at the moment
K-Balance 2 ml every 2 days – if necessary to keep the level ~ 380 mg
Coral Vitalizer 4 drops 2 x weekly

The change will not be helpful to decrease NO3 however as long as the NO3 level is elevated you can dose less from the coloration and nourishing elements. If overdosed you might experience algae nad / or cyanos.

I am sure the No3 level will come down over the time. To support this process it might make sense to vacuum the sand regular wile each water change to remove the sediment from the deeper sand layers.

G.Alexander
Old 09-22-2018, 07:21 PM
ZEOhead in Training

G.Alexander I started the second cycle of the Zeovit system today. I changed out 90% and kept 10% of the old. What will be the best regimen for me now?
Old 09-23-2018, 01:10 AM
ZEOadmin

You can use the dosing regimen I have mention before, just dose ZeoBac daily for the next 10 days, than continue to dose 2 – 3 x weekly.

Do you run the ZeoVit reactor with continuous flow or do you use the on / off interval for the reactor ?

G.Alexander
Old 09-23-2018, 08:09 AM
ZEOhead in Training

G.Alexander,
Thanks for the information. I was on 3 hours on and 3 hours off for a month now I just keep it on. Should I have a high flow now or low flow?
Old 09-23-2018, 08:34 AM
jacky jacky ثeu
ZEOhead

Let me try to you, you have changed the first zeolite, if the coral is healthy and healthy, you can switch to continuous flow (please note whether the flow is suitable), and Zeo bac 1 drop = 100L per day for 10 days, in skimmer Dosing later. Adjusting skimmer wet , Please also pay attention to k level K~380. [0.75 L] zeovit was placed in a Zeo reactor with a zeolite water flow rate of approximately [300 L/hr]. In addition, when there are biological animals, kz activated carbon should be used at the right time.
Old 09-23-2018, 08:55 AM
ZEOhead in Training

G.Alexander, I also just got in ZEOLIFE and Bio-Mate when and how should I use these two?