zeovit.com Sewatec.de - Reef Supply International  

Go Back   zeovit.com > General Discussion Forums - International > General Discussion - English

General Discussion - English General Marine Aquaria Discussion with and without ZEOVit.

Active Threads
0 Zeo-Testbecken
Last Post: jacky
Posted On: Today
Replies: 4
Views: 117
0 New Zeovit user in Ireland
Replies: 1
Views: 27
0 changing to full zeo,need some advice and help
Replies: 25
Views: 455
0 New tank Elos 160 XL
Replies: 24
Views: 1,468
0 A restart
Last Post: G.Alexander
Replies: 177
Views: 16,400
0 100g SPS Tank
Last Post: G.Alexander
Replies: 95
Views: 7,015
0 Live & Refrigerated Foods - New $7.99 Flat Rate 2 day Air Shipping
Last Post: Premiumaq
Posted On: Yesterday
Replies: 0
Views: 23
5 green algae outbreak
Last Post: Bugger
Replies: 37
Views: 914
0 Zeo Product Dosing
Last Post: scybulski
Replies: 2
Views: 136
0 New ZeoVit tank
Replies: 40
Views: 2,071
More...

Old 06-18-2018, 03:10 PM
Scribe Scribe 目前線上
ZEOhead in Training

Thanks for all the information. I have read the pdf many times and did notice that some of the products in the pdf have a different dosage than the recommended dosage on the bottle, yet no where does it say anything about maximum dosage.

I am moving at the end of August and will be upgrading my tank to a larger redsea reefer 625. I am not sure if making adjustments now is the best considering this move.

I currently have a cadlights artisan 70. Can you make any recommendations on my dosing regiment considering my move and upgrade to a larger tank? Is it best to just continue doing what I am doing? What should I do to continue stability when I move to a larger tank. The new tank was going to be bare bottom also.

pics of my current tank attached here
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2436.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	95.6 KB
ID:	21310   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2437.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	50.6 KB
ID:	21311   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2438.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	51.1 KB
ID:	21312  
Old 06-19-2018, 02:54 AM
G.Alexander G.Alexander 目前離線
ZEOadmin

Do you have the chance to run both system side by side for some time ? Do you plan to use live rock for the new system ?

G.Alexander
Old 06-19-2018, 04:13 AM
jacky jacky 目前離線
ZEOhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacky View Post
You can also try adjusting skimmer, which will help
Supplement: and focus on the k+ level
Old 06-19-2018, 09:21 AM
jacky jacky 目前離線
ZEOhead

I think that to shift to a new tank, we must pay more attention to the initial development of the system. We must check and adjust again after 14 days.
Water quality to normal level, you can now add a small amount of test water coral, you
You can also add a small amount of fish, but at this stage the system is not yet very mature.
So don't add too many creatures or corals at once. Until the fourteenth day
After the past, ZEOvit opened on the 14th. ZEOvit potion
The weight can be put in reference to the ZEOvit Guide
After the first change of your zeolite, you should be able to get a semi-mature ZEOvit system until ULNS, when you can add more organisms or
coral. There is no secret to keeping corals, as long as diligently testing and maintaining water quality
The number of time in these 2 months is enough. When transferring to a new tank, only the usual dosing is required and the flow of zeolite is concerned. There is no need to open three or three levels, because all of them are kz systems. Observe the coral reaction. Any water quality data is the amount of zeolite flow. The amount of activated carbon is exactly right, because at this time the system is not very mature any pressure will not adapt to stn, I wish you success
Old 06-19-2018, 09:40 AM
jacky jacky 目前離線
ZEOhead

Another idea is that if the device needs to be transferred to a new tank for use, it is only necessary to keep the filter and lights running. The potions retain the basic power, cv aa reductions or pauses, and focus on nutrition levels. Skimmer can be retained. Light and water quality (kh mg ca ) and wave currents, corals can all be well preserved, as the increase and decrease of nutrients is not a problem, of course, it also depends on the strength of your current system, and the health of corals. And make sure that the difference between the two sides is similar and that it is at the same sg level. This makes sense.
Old 06-19-2018, 09:49 AM
jacky jacky 目前離線
ZEOhead

By the way, looking at the middle of the picture, sps tank, the light source does not seem to be enough, maybe, this is my idea
Old 06-19-2018, 10:17 AM
jacky jacky 目前離線
ZEOhead

Quote:
By the way, looking at the middle of the picture, sps tank, the light source does not seem to be enough, maybe, this is my idea
Like the "light source" I guess at #14
Old 06-19-2018, 03:47 PM
Scribe Scribe 目前線上
ZEOhead in Training

Quote:
Maybe its the pic quality but the light peaks at 85%, I have dont have access to a par meter. Jacky thanks for the details but I have a bit of trouble understanding the language, sorry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by G.Alexander View Post
Do you have the chance to run both system side by side for some time ? Do you plan to use live rock for the new system ?

G.Alexander
I suppose if I really had to I could keep the old system running however it will be at a different location from my new home. I was going to move rock, water, skimmer, reactor to the new tank. I will have to add fresh salt water mix since volume is larger. I will also be adding pukani rock which will be cured for a month before.

What is the best way to make this transition?

I use a Hana PO4 checker and it is consistent every time. I fully trust my results and my process.
Old 06-20-2018, 03:53 AM
ZEOadmin

The most save way is to cycle the new system and transfer the animals if the cycle is done. If you use good quality live rock you can expect about 3 weeks for the basic cycle, with dry rock the cycle takes much more time.

Transfer all on one day is a high risk, something which I would personally not do.

G.Alexander
Old 06-20-2018, 05:24 PM
Scribe Scribe 目前線上
ZEOhead in Training

Quote:
The most save way is to cycle the new system and transfer the animals if the cycle is done. If you use good quality live rock you can expect about 3 weeks for the basic cycle, with dry rock the cycle takes much more time.

Transfer all on one day is a high risk, something which I would personally not do.

G.Alexander
Unfortunately I no longer have time to run both systems. With that being the case what is the next method?
Old 06-20-2018, 06:19 PM
Bugger Bugger 目前線上
ZEOdabbler

Your sps will bleach. I dont know about the LPS in your tank. I would use Dr tims bacteria or something similar. I ran my tank for three months before the switch I had both tanks in the same room and added food to the new tank daily with 100% success no die off.

Are you planning on doing a one day new tank switch
Old 06-20-2018, 08:38 PM
Scribe Scribe 目前線上
ZEOhead in Training

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bugger View Post
Your sps will bleach. I dont know about the LPS in your tank. I would use Dr tims bacteria or something similar. I ran my tank for three months before the switch I had both tanks in the same room and added food to the new tank daily with 100% success no die off.

Are you planning on doing a one day new tank switch
Over the course of a few days
Old 06-21-2018, 02:54 AM
ZEOadmin

Than you can just try to use as much old water from your old system as possible also as much of the rocks you already have. Make sure to clean them before in tank water to remove sediment.

Additional use the ZeoVit from your old tank in a mash bag for the first couple of weeks and add fresh material in your reactor for the new system.

This kind of transfer is a high risk to loose animals.

Start dosing after the transfer ZeoBac, ZeoStart and SpongePower.

If you tell me the exact net water volume of your new system I can recommend you a dosing regimen if you like to.

G.Alexander
Old 06-21-2018, 05:37 PM
Scribe Scribe 目前線上
ZEOhead in Training

Quote:
Than you can just try to use as much old water from your old system as possible also as much of the rocks you already have. Make sure to clean them before in tank water to remove sediment.

Additional use the ZeoVit from your old tank in a mash bag for the first couple of weeks and add fresh material in your reactor for the new system.

This kind of transfer is a high risk to loose animals.

Start dosing after the transfer ZeoBac, ZeoStart and SpongePower.

If you tell me the exact net water volume of your new system I can recommend you a dosing regimen if you like to.

G.Alexander
I would really appreciate the regimen and steps you recommend in this transfer to a new tank.

Current tank:
Cadlights Artisan 70
Total 100 gal
Display 70 gal
Sump 30 gal
Net water volume ~65-75gal

New tank will be:
redsea reefer xxl 625
Total 154 gal
Display 133 gal
Sump 32 gal
I estimate after adding rock net volume to be ~100 gal