zeovit.com Vertex  

Go Back   zeovit.com > Picture Forums > Tank Gallery (All Languages)

Tank Gallery (All Languages) Please share your tank in general/building process etc.

Active Threads
0 salzgehalt chaos
Last Post: berlin-riff
Posted On: Today
Replies: 5
Views: 159
0 200 gallon switch to Zeovit
Last Post: kosiarek84
Replies: 129
Views: 7,864
0 Phosphate
Last Post: G.Alexander
Replies: 15
Views: 243
0 jacky Novice questions for improvement
Replies: 191
Views: 16,564
0 ZZ and BM question
Replies: 6
Views: 163
0 A restart
Replies: 130
Views: 11,943
0 100g SPS Tank
Last Post: jacky
Replies: 24
Views: 1,369
0 Syds red sea 170
Last Post: jacky
Posted On: 10-20-2018
Replies: 12
Views: 438
0 PO4 pegged at .17 will not drop
Posted On: 10-19-2018
Replies: 7
Views: 232
0 The Island Reef
Last Post: PmRg
Posted On: 10-19-2018
Replies: 161
Views: 29,162
More...
Old 07-26-2018, 07:11 AM
blackizzz blackizzz 目前線上
ZEOhead

Not going to take the win too early, but as of now no dinos turn up!

Pretty sure the increased dosage of ZS3 has been the most contributing factor, along with larger water changes.

Yesterday I added a C. Potteri, which I hope will become the centerpiece for the tank, one of my all time favorites. It's already out and about, looking very healthy and although not with a super large apetite, it's eating.

The montipora that had suffered during the dino's era, is already regaining tissue at the tips (still very pale) and has quite a lot of PE. (probably due to feeding for the fish)

Haven't tested the water in over a week due to lack of time, but it will be interesting to see how it turns out in a weeks time
Old 07-27-2018, 02:25 AM
G.Alexander G.Alexander 目前離線
ZEOadmin

Keep my fingers crossed that the Angel will not nip on your corals, glad to hear you get rid of the Dinos.

G.Alexander
Old 07-30-2018, 04:21 PM
blackizzz blackizzz 目前線上
ZEOhead

As soon as I left for a few days work, the potteri stopped eating and was apparently less and less active, within 3 days it was dead. Seeing as I couldnt be home to observe in person, I do not know the cause, but Im thinking stress or some intestinal issue did it. Shame cause it was looking healthy and active when I left

I will probably try again, maybe it was something wrong with the specimen, but Im pretty disappointed at the moment :/
Old 07-30-2018, 06:46 PM
jacky jacky 目前離線
ZEOhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackizzz View Post
As soon as I left for a few days work, the potteri stopped eating and was apparently less and less active, within 3 days it was dead. Seeing as I couldnt be home to observe in person, I do not know the cause, but Im thinking stress or some intestinal issue did it. Shame cause it was looking healthy and active when I left

I will probably try again, maybe it was something wrong with the specimen, but Im pretty disappointed at the moment :/
I am very unfortunate to hear this news and feel sorry for you.
Old 07-31-2018, 02:56 AM
blackizzz blackizzz 目前線上
ZEOhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacky View Post
I am very unfortunate to hear this news and feel sorry for you.

Thank you Jacky

On more positive news, Corals are looking healthier every day, although Montipora and Acro are still pale and colorless. On Thursday Im scheduled to receive a shipment of acros to replace those that arrived dead in the last order. Will do some testing either tonight or tomorrow to confirm that all parameters are correct.

The tank is running hot at the moment (couldve been a contributing factor for the angel death) and that may be stressing corals a bit. Were having a record hot summer here and the room which the tank is in is super hot, doing AC and fans but still having the tank go over 28 Celsius sometimes.
Old 07-31-2018, 09:08 AM
jacky jacky 目前離線
ZEOhead

Quote:
Thank you Jacky

On more positive news, Corals are looking healthier every day, although Montipora and Acro are still pale and colorless. On Thursday I’m scheduled to receive a shipment of acros to replace those that arrived dead in the last order. Will do some testing either tonight or tomorrow to confirm that all parameters are correct.

The tank is running hot at the moment (could’ve been a contributing factor for the angel death) and that may be stressing corals a bit. We’re having a record hot summer here and the room which the tank is in is super hot, doing AC and fans but still having the tank go over 28 Celsius sometimes.
Montipora and Acro are still pale and colorless, you can get a test potassium package usually 380ppm
Old 07-31-2018, 09:18 AM
jacky jacky 目前離線
ZEOhead

Quote:
Thank you Jacky

On more positive news, Corals are looking healthier every day, although Montipora and Acro are still pale and colorless. On Thursday Im scheduled to receive a shipment of acros to replace those that arrived dead in the last order. Will do some testing either tonight or tomorrow to confirm that all parameters are correct.

The tank is running hot at the moment (couldve been a contributing factor for the angel death) and that may be stressing corals a bit. Were having a record hot summer here and the room which the tank is in is super hot, doing AC and fans but still having the tank go over 28 Celsius sometimes.
This means that in the near future, you will make the tank bigger. Use a separate water cooler, huh.
Old 08-02-2018, 11:30 AM
blackizzz blackizzz 目前線上
ZEOhead

Took delivery of some acros today, as a replacement for the ones that were lost in the last shipment. Everything looks okay, despite having travelled in 33 degrees Celsius for about 24h. (5/6 looks very good, and the last looks okay but a bit more stressed)

Glad to get a few more corals in the tank, and hopefully theyll adapt nicely!

Ive turned the lights down as an acclimation procedure, will get a few more, better, pictures once I turn them on again
Old 08-02-2018, 12:40 PM
jacky jacky 目前離線
ZEOhead

Quote:
Took delivery of some acros today, as a replacement for the ones that were lost in the last shipment. Everything looks okay, despite having travelled in 33 degrees Celsius for about 24h. (5/6 looks very good, and the last looks okay but a bit more stressed)

Glad to get a few more corals in the tank, and hopefully theyll adapt nicely!

Ive turned the lights down as an acclimation procedure, will get a few more, better, pictures once I turn them on again
Good job Congratulations on having a new coral, why not remove the base of the coral bottom, look forward to the new coral picture, thank you for sharing
Old 08-02-2018, 01:29 PM
blackizzz blackizzz 目前線上
ZEOhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacky View Post
Good job Congratulations on having a new coral, why not remove the base of the coral bottom, look forward to the new coral picture, thank you for sharing

Thank you

I replaced the frag plugs that the corals came on, with brand new plugs to be able to have them on the frag rack during acclimation, that way I can move them closer to the light.

I will remove them before I place the corals on the rock
Old 08-02-2018, 06:18 PM
jacky jacky 目前離線
ZEOhead

Quote:
Thank you

I replaced the frag plugs that the corals came on, with brand new plugs to be able to have them on the frag rack during acclimation, that way I can move them closer to the light.

I will remove them before I place the corals on the rock
Understand the meaning, "convenient to move", thank you. However, most of the pests are on the pedestal. It seems to be a good way to cut the original pedestal into the new pedestal. (Just an idea)
Old 08-03-2018, 02:11 AM
G.Alexander G.Alexander 目前離線
ZEOadmin

Just something I would personally not do immediately after a coral has been shipped is replacing the substrate immediately. The shipment itself including the high temperature has stressed the coral massive, replacing the plug and damage the tissue partial will cause additional stress. Might be better to give the corals some time before replacing the substrate.

G.Alexander
Old 08-03-2018, 03:04 AM
jacky jacky 目前離線
ZEOhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by G.Alexander View Post
Just something I would personally not do immediately after a coral has been shipped is replacing the substrate immediately. The shipment itself including the high temperature has stressed the coral massive, replacing the plug and damage the tissue partial will cause additional stress. Might be better to give the corals some time before replacing the substrate.

G.Alexander
Thanks to Alexander and blackizzz, I have never noticed this problem, I have studied, thank you very much.
Old 08-03-2018, 04:21 AM
blackizzz blackizzz 目前線上
ZEOhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by G.Alexander View Post

G.Alexander
Interesting observation! I used superglue gel, and keep something (glue or small piece of frag plug) as a safe guard for the coral, so no coral comes in contact with the glue. I do however have the same experience with using two part epoxy, the heat caused there is no good for a stressed coral.

I'd like some dosing advice if anyone wants to help out

At the moment I'm only dosing the basics,
ZS3, 0.2ml/2x daily
SP 2 drops every second day
ZB 2 drops 2x/week

I have CV, AA, ZF7 at home, but considering ordering some other stuff to try out.

Last time I dosed ZF7, I got dino issues, could've been a random coincidence though...
CV I dosed sporadically until a few weeks ago, not exactly noticing any difference but some PE.
AA I haven't tried yet.

I'm experiencing coloration "issues", as most colors are light brown or very dull.

Should I change anything in the dosage, or keep doing the basics only?
Old 08-03-2018, 05:34 AM
jacky jacky 目前離線
ZEOhead

Quote:
Interesting observation! I used superglue gel, and keep something (glue or small piece of frag plug) as a safe guard for the coral, so no coral comes in contact with the glue. I do however have the same experience with using two part epoxy, the heat caused there is no good for a stressed coral.

I'd like some dosing advice if anyone wants to help out

At the moment I'm only dosing the basics,
ZS3, 0.2ml/2x daily
SP 2 drops every second day
ZB 2 drops 2x/week

I have CV, AA, ZF7 at home, but considering ordering some other stuff to try out.

Last time I dosed ZF7, I got dino issues, could've been a random coincidence though...
CV I dosed sporadically until a few weeks ago, not exactly noticing any difference but some PE.
AA I haven't tried yet.

I'm experiencing coloration "issues", as most colors are light brown or very dull.

Should I change anything in the dosage, or keep doing the basics only?

Hi, I don't know if I can propose ideas here. I don't know if it is popular. Ca kh mg is within the recommended range of kz, po4 level, k level. If coral tissue grows lighter and has no algae problems, start experimenting with cv xtra aa. Zeolite & Activated Carbon Mode and Quantity, Source Type and Time