zeovit.com Aquariumspeciality  

Go Back   zeovit.com > General Discussion Forums - International > General Discussion - English

General Discussion - English General Marine Aquaria Discussion with and without ZEOVit.

Active Threads
0 Trying to lower Phosphate
Last Post: jacky
Posted On: Today
Replies: 21
Views: 413
0 New Zeovit Tank Start~
Last Post: sunho2002
Posted On: Today
Replies: 11
Views: 426
0 New to zeovit
Last Post: jacky
Posted On: Today
Replies: 53
Views: 1,979
0 Finally ready to start :)
Last Post: jackass
Posted On: Today
Replies: 103
Views: 6,512
0 Eheim Pump Outlet Question
Last Post: G.Alexander
Posted On: Today
Replies: 1
Views: 43
0 Brown Water and Nano
Last Post: G.Alexander
Posted On: Today
Replies: 13
Views: 486
0 Auto-dosing ZEOstart - a question
Last Post: G.Alexander
Posted On: Today
Replies: 15
Views: 1,817
0 switching to zeo system possibly
Last Post: G.Alexander
Posted On: Today
Replies: 113
Views: 5,374
0 The Island Reef
Last Post: steph_69
Posted On: Yesterday
Replies: 148
Views: 24,089
0 reef tank steph_69
Last Post: steph_69
Posted On: Yesterday
Replies: 213
Views: 23,781
More...
  #166  
Old 03-05-2018, 02:52 PM
ohashimz ohashimz 目前線上
ZEOhead
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: USA
Posts: 436
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisevich View Post
sry about the pic's quality.

I updated it here.

I shake the zeolite once a day(30 pulls). I will try to do some water change and see. Do you know any way I can get rid of that? Maybe that's why I am losing sps?
sorry I still cannot read the report pictures are small and low res.
30 pulls is high and I do not think is needed. 5 pulls 2 times a day is enough, it was reported that shaking stones aggressively is linked to high BA.
if there is a high level of Al you will need to keep an eye on the source, I have had high al in the past and it caused me multiple problems.
Reply With Quote
  #167  
Old 03-06-2018, 06:23 PM
chrisevich chrisevich 目前離線
Almost a ZEOhead
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: 英国
Posts: 184
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohashimz View Post
sorry I still cannot read the report pictures are small and low res.
30 pulls is high and I do not think is needed. 5 pulls 2 times a day is enough, it was reported that shaking stones aggressively is linked to high BA.
if there is a high level of Al you will need to keep an eye on the source, I have had high al in the past and it caused me multiple problems.
hey, how did u solve the AL problem and what is the source?
Reply With Quote
  #168  
Old 03-06-2018, 10:20 PM
ohashimz ohashimz 目前線上
ZEOhead
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: USA
Posts: 436
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisevich View Post
hey, how did u solve the AL problem and what is the source?
In my case it was the marine pure. Once i removed it, water change and rowphos for couple of days every 2 weeks took care of it. The rowphos was risky thu cause po4 drop fast
Reply With Quote
  #169  
Old 04-13-2018, 08:44 AM
chrisevich chrisevich 目前離線
Almost a ZEOhead
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: 英国
Posts: 184
Default

hey guys,

I am suffering a massive STN in my tank. last month i used small amount po4 absorber to fix the AL and Ba pollution and i noted that all coral stopped growing and no growing tips now. and my Mg level was a bit too low, was 1100+. I have done couple water change to balance the parameters but the STN and coral fading dont get any improvement. PE is very bad now.

But good news is I fixed the sponge or slime like things on my rock. i guess they are bacteria colony. I added a few kg cured live rock, bought a new bottle start3, and try a bit A-balance. Now the rock is very clean now, and the cyano (i had only a tiny bit) has gone completely.

those sps has been in my tank for a long time, my pink mili was doing great but starts to die now.

my current dosing plan is very simple:
zeobak 4drop / every two days
start3 0.8ml/ day
sp 4 drops/day
(i cut down the rest product because last month i was trying to solve the bacteria slime on my rock)
i tried a bit coral booster this week but havent seen any progress.

thanks for any suggestion,
Reply With Quote
  #170  
Old 04-13-2018, 04:24 PM
ohashimz ohashimz 目前線上
ZEOhead
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: USA
Posts: 436
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisevich View Post
hey guys,

I am suffering a massive STN in my tank. last month i used small amount po4 absorber to fix the AL and Ba pollution and i noted that all coral stopped growing and no growing tips now. and my Mg level was a bit too low, was 1100+. I have done couple water change to balance the parameters but the STN and coral fading dont get any improvement. PE is very bad now.

But good news is I fixed the sponge or slime like things on my rock. i guess they are bacteria colony. I added a few kg cured live rock, bought a new bottle start3, and try a bit A-balance. Now the rock is very clean now, and the cyano (i had only a tiny bit) has gone completely.

those sps has been in my tank for a long time, my pink mili was doing great but starts to die now.

my current dosing plan is very simple:
zeobak 4drop / every two days
start3 0.8ml/ day
sp 4 drops/day
(i cut down the rest product because last month i was trying to solve the bacteria slime on my rock)
i tried a bit coral booster this week but havent seen any progress.

thanks for any suggestion,
What's your parameters?
What po4 absorber you used?
Btw I am not aware of po4 observer that pulls off al and ba...

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #171  
Old 04-13-2018, 06:12 PM
chrisevich chrisevich 目前離線
Almost a ZEOhead
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: 英国
Posts: 184
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohashimz View Post
What's your parameters?
What po4 absorber you used?
Btw I am not aware of po4 observer that pulls off al and ba...

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
now ca 410 mg 1340 KH 8 k 380 no3 0-0.2 po4 0.

I used rowa.

Thanks
Reply With Quote
  #172  
Old 04-13-2018, 06:16 PM
ohashimz ohashimz 目前線上
ZEOhead
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: USA
Posts: 436
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisevich View Post
now ca 410 mg 1340 KH 8 k 380 no3 0-0.2 po4 0.

I used rowa.

Thanks
What was you po4 before the rowphos? The issue with using gfo with zeovit is the sudden decrease in po4 they irritate corals alot.
Contrary to some misconception, po4 and no3 are needed by coral (at very low values) and dropping these parameters to zero is not healthy especially when done fast through gfo.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #173  
Old 04-13-2018, 06:38 PM
chrisevich chrisevich 目前離線
Almost a ZEOhead
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: 英国
Posts: 184
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohashimz View Post
What was you po4 before the rowphos? The issue with using gfo with zeovit is the sudden decrease in po4 they irritate corals alot.
Contrary to some misconception, po4 and no3 are needed by coral (at very low values) and dropping these parameters to zero is not healthy especially when done fast through gfo.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
It was 0 by Hanna before I used rowa. Can I increase a bit AA to improve that
Reply With Quote
  #174  
Old 04-13-2018, 06:49 PM
ohashimz ohashimz 目前線上
ZEOhead
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: USA
Posts: 436
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisevich View Post
It was 0 by Hanna before I used rowa. Can I increase a bit AA to improve that
You can try. If low nutrient is the issue, CV, aa and bb should help.
Also zf dosing will help.
Careful of bb overdose cause I think bb contain some ba, so start slow with bb

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #175  
Old 04-13-2018, 07:58 PM
chrisevich chrisevich 目前離線
Almost a ZEOhead
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: 英国
Posts: 184
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohashimz View Post
You can try. If low nutrient is the issue, CV, aa and bb should help.
Also zf dosing will help.
Careful of bb overdose cause I think bb contain some ba, so start slow with bb

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
what is zf dosing?
Reply With Quote
  #176  
Old 04-13-2018, 08:04 PM
ohashimz ohashimz 目前線上
ZEOhead
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: USA
Posts: 436
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisevich View Post
what is zf dosing?
Zeo food

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #177  
Old 04-13-2018, 10:53 PM
G.Alexander's Avatar
G.Alexander G.Alexander 目前離線
ZEOadmin
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 34,673
Default

PO4 absorbers in conjunction with ZeoVit can cause issues however it should not be as massive as you have described as you already have just used a small quantity. Can you tell how much absorber you have used exactly, how you have used it and what kind of absorber it was (brand / name) ?

G.Alexander
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #178  
Old 04-14-2018, 01:22 AM
ohashimz ohashimz 目前線上
ZEOhead
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: USA
Posts: 436
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by G.Alexander View Post
PO4 absorbers in conjunction with ZeoVit can cause issues however it should not be as massive as you have described as you already have just used a small quantity. Can you tell how much absorber you have used exactly, how you have used it and what kind of absorber it was (brand / name) ?

G.Alexander
Alex he used rowphos.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #179  
Old 04-14-2018, 07:04 PM
chrisevich chrisevich 目前離線
Almost a ZEOhead
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: 英国
Posts: 184
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by G.Alexander View Post
PO4 absorbers in conjunction with ZeoVit can cause issues however it should not be as massive as you have described as you already have just used a small quantity. Can you tell how much absorber you have used exactly, how you have used it and what kind of absorber it was (brand / name) ?

G.Alexander
last month i used the first time, it was two teaspoons AL99 (they said it can remove ba)+2 teaspoons rowaphos, added step by step. however, i noted some sps bleached within a few days so i removed them completely. the pink mille stopped growing after that, no growing tips. this month, i added another two tea spoon rowa and let it in a few days (i was away ). when i came back i found the some STN, not all of them. some tenius r still ok, but some nice coral just faded.

thanks guys
Reply With Quote
  #180  
Old 04-14-2018, 07:49 PM
Bugger's Avatar
Bugger Bugger 目前線上
ZEOdabbler
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Canada
Posts: 1,079
Default

If the coral dies of just two teaspoons of rowaphos or whatever you used that coral or corals have already been compromised and is on there way out. I dosed phosphate to my system and then changed stones and the corals that werent growing all died the healthy ones were just fine
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:04 PM.


Powered by: vBulletin Version 3.8.7, Copyright ©2000 - 2009, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright by ZeoVit.com