zeovit.com Vertex  

Go Back   zeovit.com > Picture Forums > Tank Gallery (All Languages)

Tank Gallery (All Languages) Please share your tank in general/building process etc.

Active Threads
0 New ZeoVit tank
Last Post: jacky
Posted On: Today
Replies: 13
Views: 208
0 Day 9 of 14 day Zeocycle
Last Post: jacky
Posted On: Today
Replies: 8
Views: 161
0 Zeovit - Werte permanent zu niedrig
Last Post: G.Alexander
Posted On: Today
Replies: 9
Views: 470
0 help with us please
Last Post: G.Alexander
Posted On: Today
Replies: 10
Views: 363
0 GIVEAWAY: NEW! ME Coral Frag Plugs
Last Post: Premiumaq
Posted On: Yesterday
Replies: 0
Views: 18
0 jacky Novice questions for improvement
Last Post: jacky
Posted On: Yesterday
Replies: 224
Views: 20,453
0 40B Reef Journal
Last Post: G.Alexander
Posted On: Yesterday
Replies: 9
Views: 216
0 Trying to lower Phosphate
Last Post: G.Alexander
Posted On: Yesterday
Replies: 60
Views: 4,229
0 You Have Till Midnight- 12% OFF Veterans Day SALE
Last Post: Premiumaq
Posted On: 11-12-2018
Replies: 0
Views: 62
0 190g SPS tank in Taiwan
Last Post: blackizzz
Posted On: 11-12-2018
Replies: 76
Views: 16,491
More...
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #136  
Old 10-25-2018, 11:01 AM
blackizzz blackizzz 目前離線
ZEOhead
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Sweden
Posts: 353
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacky View Post
I don't mean anything else, it's better than I have added it manually.

@The most concerned about is why if you lose power for a long time, why worry? Do not understand the factors.


I just searched for it Pacific Sun Kore 5 th Doser, it can be accurate to 0.01 ml, and an automatic mixing is perfect.

I understand that you are worried that they will become popsicles.
We often get quite a lot of snow, and sometimes temperatures as low as minus 20 degrees celsius. If power goes out, tank will turn into ice

No but I'll set up a generator which will be able to keep heaters and pumps going. And house will be set to keep 20-21 degrees, so hopefully we'll be alright Plan for the worst then if it doesn't happen we can just relax!

The Pacific sun is okay, I've encountered some problems with it, but most have been "easy" to solve. Hopefully the calibration will keep correct for a long time, I'll check in a little while, to see that all is well.

The Pacific sun customer service is quite underwhelming as well. For example, when my optical sensor broke (after approximately 6 months use) it took around 6 weeks to get a replacement, and it wasn't cheap.
Reply With Quote
  #137  
Old 10-25-2018, 07:26 PM
jacky jacky 目前離線
ZEOhead
 
Join Date: May 2018
Location: Asia
Posts: 862
Default

It sounds cool, extreme climate change, so cold (seeing that I am shaking), but unfortunately I can't experience life there, it would be a great thing. It is also true that tank requires a heating rod and generator. If you have time, wait for your Pacific Sun Kore 5 th Doser to share with us. Which potions do you choose for 5 channels?
Reply With Quote
  #138  
Old 10-25-2018, 07:41 PM
blackizzz blackizzz 目前離線
ZEOhead
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Sweden
Posts: 353
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacky View Post
It sounds cool, extreme climate change, so cold (seeing that I am shaking), but unfortunately I can't experience life there, it would be a great thing. It is also true that tank requires a heating rod and generator. If you have time, wait for your Pacific Sun Kore 5 th Doser to share with us. Which potions do you choose for 5 channels?
Dosing Kh occasionally on one channel, and have prepared channels for Calcium and Magnesium, but my needs are covered by water changes there.

Then the Zeostart, and I have 1 channel free

Also use it as an ATO.

On the climate, we had 35 degrees celsius as highest this year, and expect a cold winter, so extreme is one way to see at it
Reply With Quote
  #139  
Old 10-25-2018, 09:13 PM
jacky jacky 目前離線
ZEOhead
 
Join Date: May 2018
Location: Asia
Posts: 862
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackizzz View Post
Dosing Kh occasionally on one channel, and have prepared channels for Calcium and Magnesium, but my needs are covered by water changes there.

Then the Zeostart, and I have 1 channel free

Also use it as an ATO.

On the climate, we had 35 degrees celsius as highest this year, and expect a cold winter, so extreme is one way to see at it

Every year, the climate is getting more and more extreme every year. The heat is very hot and cold and cold. Is Zeo not intended to be placed in the channel? Dose titration seems to be difficult to overcome the problem of cold freezing.
Reply With Quote
  #140  
Old 10-26-2018, 04:30 AM
blackizzz blackizzz 目前離線
ZEOhead
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Sweden
Posts: 353
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacky View Post
Every year, the climate is getting more and more extreme every year. The heat is very hot and cold and cold. Is Zeo not intended to be placed in the channel? Dose titration seems to be difficult to overcome the problem of cold freezing.


Hopefully it doesnt get that cold :P if it does I think the tank will have other problems than a lack of Zeostart
Reply With Quote
  #141  
Old 10-27-2018, 08:29 AM
blackizzz blackizzz 目前離線
ZEOhead
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Sweden
Posts: 353
Default

So I got tired of dosing a lot of K-balance and not seeing any difference, in corals or in tests. So I bought some Triton Potassium supplement and decided to dose slightly less than what they recommended when I got my ICP-analysis. I have dosed for 2 days, and will dose for 5 days in total. Then I'll test and see what levels I've reached. Hopefully it'll be enough, or I'll dose a little more.

Then I can use K-balance to maintain K levels at where they should be.
Reply With Quote
  #142  
Old 10-27-2018, 12:33 PM
jacky jacky 目前離線
ZEOhead
 
Join Date: May 2018
Location: Asia
Posts: 862
Default

Dude, this project sounds good. When I encounter a similar problem like yours, I will use the most stupid way, more frequent recordings, what I did, how much I added, and keep track of observations. Sometimes it will be different (not very often), I will ignore it and test it again to observe the level between the undulations. (Let you make fun of me, I can only use this roughest method)

I have also used different test package records to observe changes on both sides and test new water changes. As a result, I can probably know that although the value may not be accurate, I believe it should not be too much.


If the test results on both sides are not too much problem after frequent times, I will increase the amount of addition slightly and fix it for a few days. During this period, I will continue to record. I believe that as long as it is not a sudden large swing, then potassium It will not be a problem until 420.430.440. You will know this. Let it fall naturally.To the right level.

Last edited by jacky; 10-27-2018 at 12:50 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #143  
Old 10-27-2018, 06:45 PM
blackizzz blackizzz 目前離線
ZEOhead
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Sweden
Posts: 353
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacky View Post
Dude, this project sounds good. When I encounter a similar problem like yours, I will use the most stupid way, more frequent recordings, what I did, how much I added, and keep track of observations. Sometimes it will be different (not very often), I will ignore it and test it again to observe the level between the undulations. (Let you make fun of me, I can only use this roughest method)

I have also used different test package records to observe changes on both sides and test new water changes. As a result, I can probably know that although the value may not be accurate, I believe it should not be too much.


If the test results on both sides are not too much problem after frequent times, I will increase the amount of addition slightly and fix it for a few days. During this period, I will continue to record. I believe that as long as it is not a sudden large swing, then potassium It will not be a problem until 420.430.440. You will know this. Let it fall naturally.To the right level.

I have 2 different test kits for potassium, the salifert is more accurate, and easy to read, but shows a little high for me, it claims I have 350 when ICP showed 334. The korallenzucht is so difficult to read properly

It was nice to see that the ICP test confirmed that what I thought was a "problem" actually was the only major element out of order. (sure I could add some iodine, but I'll change one thing at a time )
Reply With Quote
  #144  
Old 10-28-2018, 09:15 AM
jacky jacky 目前離線
ZEOhead
 
Join Date: May 2018
Location: Asia
Posts: 862
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackizzz View Post
I have 2 different test kits for potassium, the salifert is more accurate, and easy to read, but shows a little high for me, it claims I have 350 when ICP showed 334. The korallenzucht is so difficult to read properly

It was nice to see that the ICP test confirmed that what I thought was a "problem" actually was the only major element out of order. (sure I could add some iodine, but I'll change one thing at a time )
Great analysis, I like it. Iodine contains some micro-potassium, which is easy to measure because of skimmer volatilization. Still have to be supplemented with potassium. Also as you said, you can add some iodine (with some micro-potassium). Great idea.

It may be a very small amount (potassium), and in my tank there will be no slight increase in potassium due to the addition of PIF. I don't quite mean what I mean, but I know that you may understand what I mean and I fully understand what you mean.
Reply With Quote
  #145  
Old 10-30-2018, 11:30 AM
blackizzz blackizzz 目前離線
ZEOhead
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Sweden
Posts: 353
Default

Quick snap-shot from today


Did some testing:

Sg: 1.0245
pH: 8-8.1
Alk: 7.6
Ca: 430
Mg: 1320
K: 400 (wohoo, seems like my extra dosing worked)
No3: 1
Po4: 0.028 (probably slightly lower due to error-range)

Pretty much exactly where I want it.

Corals all look healthy, good PE and some growth
Reply With Quote
  #146  
Old 10-30-2018, 11:54 AM
jacky jacky 目前離線
ZEOhead
 
Join Date: May 2018
Location: Asia
Posts: 862
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackizzz View Post
Quick snap-shot from today


Did some testing:

Sg: 1.0245
pH: 8-8.1
Alk: 7.6
Ca: 430
Mg: 1320
K: 400 (wohoo, seems like my extra dosing worked)
No3: 1
Po4: 0.028 (probably slightly lower due to error-range)

Pretty much exactly where I want it.

Corals all look healthy, good PE and some growth

Very beautiful, may you ask if PO4=0.028ppm is specially controlled here, or do you want the control to approach 0.00ppm?
Reply With Quote
  #147  
Old 10-30-2018, 12:37 PM
blackizzz blackizzz 目前離線
ZEOhead
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Sweden
Posts: 353
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacky View Post
Very beautiful, may you ask if PO4=0.028ppm is specially controlled here, or do you want the control to approach 0.00ppm?
As long as it's below 0.03 I'm happy, I believe that corals needs some nutrients to color up and grow, either through heavy import/export, or through controlling it. I believe that my amount of fish isn't large enough to feed super much and still be able to export, so I'm trying to control it to stay slightly above 0.00.

Plus, I tested just an hour or so after feeding, so might be residue from there too.

And lastly, with the error range on the Hanna Checker I could still have 0.00.

Reply With Quote
  #148  
Old 10-30-2018, 12:59 PM
jacky jacky 目前離線
ZEOhead
 
Join Date: May 2018
Location: Asia
Posts: 862
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackizzz View Post
As long as it's below 0.03 I'm happy, I believe that corals needs some nutrients to color up and grow, either through heavy import/export, or through controlling it. I believe that my amount of fish isn't large enough to feed super much and still be able to export, so I'm trying to control it to stay slightly above 0.00.

Plus, I tested just an hour or so after feeding, so might be residue from there too.

And lastly, with the error range on the Hanna Checker I could still have 0.00.

Brother, thank you,The coral is very beautiful
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 18 (0 members and 18 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:57 PM.


Powered by: vBulletin Version 3.8.7, Copyright ©2000 - 2009, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright by ZeoVit.com