zeovit.com Sewatec.de - Reef Supply International  

Go Back   zeovit.com > General Discussion Forums - International > General Discussion - English

General Discussion - English General Marine Aquaria Discussion with and without ZEOVit.

Active Threads
0 Newbie: Limited sump space
Last Post: blackizzz
Posted On: Today
Replies: 3
Views: 44
0 new to zeovit
Last Post: Kproescher
Replies: 11
Views: 601
0 I have problem with this
Last Post: alireza
Replies: 1
Views: 30
0 Zeovit 14 day cycle, new guidelines?
Last Post: blackizzz
Replies: 0
Views: 37
0 Planning Things Out
Last Post: clarity1981
Posted On: Yesterday
Replies: 3
Views: 114
0 Planning new tank - Need advice
Last Post: Bugger
Replies: 23
Views: 1,152
0 BARIO too high
Last Post: Michal
Replies: 6
Views: 227
0 Doubts guide on zeovit.
Last Post: blueyedson
Replies: 24
Views: 1,324
0 Finally ready to start :)
Last Post: G.Alexander
Replies: 48
Views: 2,152
0 new 75 gallon tank
Last Post: G.Alexander
Replies: 14
Views: 670
More...

Old 03-24-2018, 03:22 PM
65GMe 65GMe 目前離線
Almost a ZEOhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bugger View Post
It was 17 on a phosphorus checker. I added a capfull of phosporous yesterday and its 0 again. I think zeolites remove phosphate or at least new stones will.
I wish zeolites would remove phosphate!! Mine has been hovering around .20+, checked with hanna ULR. When I changed the stones, it shot up to .31.
Old 03-24-2018, 03:23 PM
65GMe 65GMe 目前離線
Almost a ZEOhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by zebra View Post
hi, the same thing has happened to me already. When my nutrients are nonexistent my corals are pale and the polyps contract. But of course, I can not stop seeing amazing aquariums with impressive colors that have no nutrients, no3 = 0 and Po4 = 0.

The last time this happened to me, I decided to remove the shelter of algae and lower doses of zeostar 3, and although the nutrients are still almost non-existent, my corals recovered. I suppose that the nutrient transfer is now absorbed by the corals and not the algae and because there is less food for the bacteria, they reproduce less and therefore consume less nutrients. I do not touch the zeolite reactor because I find it more difficult to control its effects.
Either the test kits they use do not read very low ranges giving them a zero reading even though they have no3 and po4 in the system. If they are using great test kits and truly read zero, they must implement a high nutrient import and export system. They feed the tank a lot and their filtration system removes it completely within a day.
Old 03-25-2018, 12:43 PM
zebra zebra 目前離線
ZEOhead in Training

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohashimz View Post
I find it hard to believe that coral can thrive in a true zero po4 no3. You have ppl test with commodity and cheap test kits that might report zero, but reality is diffrent.
I know for a fact true zeo nutrient will kill coral. You can try a very easy experment.
Put a frag in a freshly made salt water with all what's needed from light and flow...it will not survive a week lol
I think the same, I see it very often in some stores. They put new water to which they add bacteria and the next day they receive the coral request.
The first days the corals look good, but those that remain unsold the next week start with signs of RTN.