zeovit.com Premium Aquatics  

Go Back   zeovit.com > General Discussion Forums - International > General Discussion - English

General Discussion - English General Marine Aquaria Discussion with and without ZEOVit.

Active Threads
0 T5 lamp x10 only choose
Last Post: jacky
Posted On: Today
Replies: 9
Views: 809
0 Wechsel auf Zeovit - Werte zu hoch
Posted On: Today
Replies: 41
Views: 2,579
0 NEW GIVEAWAY: Premium Aquatics 2500 Subscriber Contest
Last Post: Premiumaq
Posted On: Yesterday
Replies: 0
Views: 43
0 Zevoit Neuling braucht Hilfe
Last Post: G.Alexander
Posted On: 06-23-2018
Replies: 15
Views: 615
0 switching to zeo system possibly
Last Post: JMac
Posted On: 06-23-2018
Replies: 130
Views: 6,257
0 Auto-dosing ZEOstart - a question
Posted On: 06-22-2018
Replies: 19
Views: 2,396
0 Well the new system is up and running.
Replies: 688
Views: 191,068
0 Trying to lower Phosphate
Replies: 32
Views: 1,166
0 One year with Zeovit
Replies: 39
Views: 6,222
0 New Zeovit Tank Start~
Replies: 20
Views: 1,074
More...
Old 05-19-2018, 09:42 AM
JMac JMac 目前離線
ZEOhead in Training

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohashimz View Post
Reactor is never turned off.
When dosing zz+bm I turn off skimmer gor 2 hours.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
zz is zeozym??
Old 05-19-2018, 11:33 PM
G.Alexander G.Alexander 目前離線
ZEOadmin

Yes, ZZ = ZeoZym

G.Alexander
Old 05-21-2018, 11:51 AM
JMac JMac 目前離線
ZEOhead in Training

Default PO4 test

what are recommended PO4 test kits? I have a Hanna Checker & Salifert for phosphate. the hanna I dont trust because I can do 3 successive tests & get vastly different results. the Salifert is difficult to differentiate colour at low amounts (0-.03). Is the Nyos kit any better? what would you recommend for a good reliable easy to read PO4 kit?
Old 05-22-2018, 02:51 AM
G.Alexander G.Alexander 目前離線
ZEOadmin

Macherey & Nagel also Merck are know as accurate within those low concentrations. I have never used the Hanna Checkers just their Photometers but it is very important to clean the curvet very well so no fingerprints etc. when measuring.

G.Alexander
Old 05-22-2018, 03:07 AM
JMac JMac 目前離線
ZEOhead in Training

Quote:
Originally Posted by G.Alexander View Post
Macherey & Nagel also Merck are know as accurate within those low concentrations. I have never used the Hanna Checkers just their Photometers but it is very important to clean the curvet very well so no fingerprints etc. when measuring.

G.Alexander
ya I think they may have micro scratches, I wipe them with a micro fibre cloth
Old 05-22-2018, 02:30 PM
jacky jacky 目前線上
Almost a ZEOhead

My steps, 1. Fold the packs off and back 2. Take a syringe and inhale 10ml of water and inject it into the glass jar. 3. Turn on the lid - tighten the lid into the glass jar and wipe it with toilet paper to clean the appearance, fingers do not touch, and Put the 10ml line on the glass bottle in your own direction, and put it in. 4. Press the button and return to zero. 5. Pour the packet and start the timer for 2 minutes. Lock the lid and shake it. At the bottom of the bottle, do not touch the bottle body. After dissolving, keep the glass bottle body level, slowly rotate the bottle body or eliminate bubbles left and right, then wipe the bottle body once again. 6. Put it in and face the same 10ml tick mark yourself. 7. Test my The readings from the beginning of the tank to the current po4 range from 0.32 ppm to the current 0.00 ppm, approximately 2 months at the po4 of 0.18 ppm, slowly to 0.01 to 0.02 ppm, now to 0.00 ppm. Check if your technique and the drug pack are spoiled , Internet video can watch teaching may be a little harvest
Old 05-22-2018, 02:33 PM
ohashimz ohashimz 目前離線
ZEOhead

Redsea low range no3 po4 is one the best I have seen.
After that I would use hannah ultra low po4.
Do not trust anything else for low range
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMac View Post
what are recommended PO4 test kits? I have a Hanna Checker & Salifert for phosphate. the hanna I dont trust because I can do 3 successive tests & get vastly different results. the Salifert is difficult to differentiate colour at low amounts (0-.03). Is the Nyos kit any better? what would you recommend for a good reliable easy to read PO4 kit?
Old 05-22-2018, 04:14 PM
JMac JMac 目前離線
ZEOhead in Training

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohashimz View Post
Redsea low range no3 po4 is one the best I have seen.
After that I would use hannah ultra low po4.
Do not trust anything else for low range

I ordered Nyos test kits. I will see how they are & then try Red Sea
thanks people
Old 05-22-2018, 04:20 PM
JMac JMac 目前離線
ZEOhead in Training

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacky View Post
My steps, 1. Fold the packs off and back 2. Take a syringe and inhale 10ml of water and inject it into the glass jar. 3. Turn on the lid - tighten the lid into the glass jar and wipe it with toilet paper to clean the appearance, fingers do not touch, and Put the 10ml line on the glass bottle in your own direction, and put it in. 4. Press the button and return to zero. 5. Pour the packet and start the timer for 2 minutes. Lock the lid and shake it. At the bottom of the bottle, do not touch the bottle body. After dissolving, keep the glass bottle body level, slowly rotate the bottle body or eliminate bubbles left and right, then wipe the bottle body once again. 6. Put it in and face the same 10ml tick mark yourself. 7. Test my The readings from the beginning of the tank to the current po4 range from 0.32 ppm to the current 0.00 ppm, approximately 2 months at the po4 of 0.18 ppm, slowly to 0.01 to 0.02 ppm, now to 0.00 ppm. Check if your technique and the drug pack are spoiled , Internet video can watch teaching may be a little harvest
this is how I do it but I still get vastly different results when doing successive tests with the Hanna Checker. I put a new battery in the Checker but that didn’t make any difference so I think it may be scratches from handling on the glass bottle. they are 3-4 yrs old. I have both the Hanna Phosphate (ppm) & the Phosphorus (ULR ppb)
Old 05-22-2018, 06:46 PM
jacky jacky 目前線上
Almost a ZEOhead

Quote:
this is how I do it but I still get vastly different results when doing successive tests with the Hanna Checker. I put a new battery in the Checker but that didnt make any difference so I think it may be scratches from handling on the glass bottle. they are 3-4 yrs old. I have both the Hanna Phosphate (ppm) & the Phosphorus (ULR ppb)
Wow, this makes me a bit surprised. Do you have two sets of Hanna phosphate (ppm) and phosphorus (ULR ppb) instruments? I have done several tests in a row as well as 0.00ppm, and the ro water has been tested continuously for 0.00pm. The coral test water purchased online has had 0.02ppm, and the good coral test that the net purchases is 0.00ppm. There is an idea - whether to continuously test the water
Old 05-22-2018, 07:00 PM
jacky jacky 目前線上
Almost a ZEOhead

However, the results are still very different when tested consecutively with Hanna Checker. Do the values ​​shown vary greatly? Does Hanna Phosphate (ppm) and Phosphorus (ULR ppb) differ for each consecutive test? The unit is not the same. I remember what I want to convert.
Old 05-22-2018, 07:01 PM
JMac JMac 目前離線
ZEOhead in Training

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacky View Post
Wow, this makes me a bit surprised. Do you have two sets of Hanna phosphate (ppm) and phosphorus (ULR ppb) instruments? I have done several tests in a row as well as 0.00ppm, and the ro water has been tested continuously for 0.00pm. The coral test water purchased online has had 0.02ppm, and the good coral test that the net purchases is 0.00ppm. There is an idea - whether to continuously test the water
I just did two tests in a row with the phosphate (ppm) & both tests returned 0.00 results
thanks for the help
Old 05-22-2018, 07:10 PM
jacky jacky 目前線上
Almost a ZEOhead

Quote:
I just did two tests in a row with the phosphate (ppm) & both tests returned 0.00 results
thanks for the help
Thanks for your reminder, I should also try to test continuously to see how the result is
Old 05-24-2018, 06:15 PM
JMac JMac 目前離線
ZEOhead in Training

Default zeo additives

of all the zeo additives available what has to be refrigerated? just Zeobak or is there more ?
Old 05-24-2018, 10:04 PM
jacky jacky 目前線上
Almost a ZEOhead

Hi JAMC, kz-bac recommends refrigerating. As long as I use the "glass bottle," I will always refrigerate it. I must remember to shake it gently before using it. However, the "plastic bottle" should be kept away from direct sunlight and shake gently before use. . If you are manually adding syringes to avoid cross use, separate them separately. Zeolite and activated carbon Avoid direct sunlight at room temperature. Soak ro water before use. Activated carbon can be slightly clean with boiling water before use. No boiled water used.