zeovit.com Aquariumspeciality  

Go Back   zeovit.com > General Discussion Forums - International > General Discussion - English

General Discussion - English General Marine Aquaria Discussion with and without ZEOVit.

Active Threads
0 Frag Tank
Last Post: gguertin145
Posted On: Yesterday
Replies: 0
Views: 18
0 NEW Giveaway: AquaPulse Powerheads For Your Reef Tank
Last Post: Premiumaq
Posted On: Yesterday
Replies: 0
Views: 19
0 Reef Hommi
Last Post: Hommi
Posted On: Yesterday
Replies: 135
Views: 10,084
0 How to swich to ZeoVit
Last Post: marcin_c
Posted On: Yesterday
Replies: 23
Views: 527
0 Tunze Door Buster Specials Ends 11/18!
Last Post: Bugger
Posted On: Yesterday
Replies: 4
Views: 77
0 who uses coral booster and FWS?
Last Post: illumnae
Posted On: Yesterday
Replies: 3
Views: 559
0 15% OFF TLF, Eshopps, Halo LEDS, RO, & Flipper
Last Post: Premiumaq
Posted On: Yesterday
Replies: 0
Views: 25
0 This is really lovely
Last Post: HelenMancuso
Posted On: Yesterday
Replies: 3
Views: 933
0 Low nitrates low Po4
Last Post: tnick
Posted On: Yesterday
Replies: 4
Views: 109
0 B-Balance dosage to raise per mg/l
Last Post: 2una
Posted On: Yesterday
Replies: 4
Views: 64
More...
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #16  
Old 09-07-2017, 07:55 PM
bmwm235i bmwm235i 目前離線
ZEOhead in Training
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: NJ
Posts: 32
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by G.Alexander View Post
Please keep in mind that if you dose 2 ml Ca supplement you will also not measure a increase of the systems level within a day. The concentration of potassium is very similar to Ca just to give you a feeling. Lets try to dose 2 ml 2 x daily for a week (once in the morning and once in the evening) and than repeat the test.

G.Alexander
So i tested the potassium 2ml 2x a day, I know it hasent been a week yet but it has not moved off 290. I have noticed that there is a outbreak of hopefully just diatoms on sand rock glass pumps. Po4 is .009 po3 is 10ppm.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 09-08-2017, 03:52 AM
G.Alexander's Avatar
G.Alexander G.Alexander 目前離線
ZEOadmin
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 33,819
Default

Have you already cross check the level with a different kit to make sure yours is working well. If the test kit result is correct dose it more often per day but allow a minimum dosing break between the additions of 2 hours.

Do you use K-Balance or K-Balance Strong ?
If possible please post a picture of the bottles label.

Please also check the potassium level of your salt mix.

G.Alexander
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 09-08-2017, 06:44 AM
bmwm235i bmwm235i 目前離線
ZEOhead in Training
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: NJ
Posts: 32
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by G.Alexander View Post
Have you already cross check the level with a different kit to make sure yours is working well. If the test kit result is correct dose it more often per day but allow a minimum dosing break between the additions of 2 hours.

Do you use K-Balance or K-Balance Strong ?
If possible please post a picture of the bottles label.

Please also check the potassium level of your salt mix.

G.Alexander
I have not used another kit just a sailfurt kit which is brand new. I use instant ocean salt cant find potassium info on it.



Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 09-08-2017, 11:20 PM
G.Alexander's Avatar
G.Alexander G.Alexander 目前離線
ZEOadmin
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 33,819
Default

Just check the K+ level of the fresh mixed salt any you will know the level. Make sure to check with the right salinity as this will have a impact.

If the K+ level does not increase dose 2 ml 4 x daily but keep a minimum dosing break of 2 hours between the additions.

If the bottle is empty I would recommend you to get K-Balance Strong as it has a higher K+ concentration compared to Standard.

G.Alexander
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 09-12-2017, 10:38 PM
bmwm235i bmwm235i 目前離線
ZEOhead in Training
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: NJ
Posts: 32
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by G.Alexander View Post
Just check the K+ level of the fresh mixed salt any you will know the level. Make sure to check with the right salinity as this will have a impact.

If the K+ level does not increase dose 2 ml 4 x daily but keep a minimum dosing break of 2 hours between the additions.

If the bottle is empty I would recommend you to get K-Balance Strong as it has a higher K+ concentration compared to Standard.

G.Alexander
So i have the k strong on its way. I tested fresh salt water and i am getting a reading of 290. What confusesme is all this dosing and its not budging off the 290. I am going to bring some water to my lfs this weekend to have them test potassium maybe it's my kit I dunno.



Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 09-13-2017, 03:13 AM
G.Alexander's Avatar
G.Alexander G.Alexander 目前離線
ZEOadmin
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 33,819
Default

If the salt has really such a low concentration if would be better to use a different salt with a adequate K+ level.

G.Alexander
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 09-25-2017, 09:20 PM
bmwm235i bmwm235i 目前離線
ZEOhead in Training
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: NJ
Posts: 32
Default

So it's been a few weeks and I've added a few sps and Lps. I am struggling with the sps. They seem to lose color and there is zero polyp extention. All the sps I have bought had full polyp extention in the store.

I also am getting a brown film on the rocks and glass every day or two.

Parameters have been stable..
Alk 130-133
Cal 415
Mag 1320
P04 .009-.015
Po3 5-10 ppm- depends if socks need to be changed.

Lps are doing great.

Still following your last recommendation
1 drop Zeobak 100L 2-3 a week
Sponge Power 1 drop per 100L every other day
Zeostart. 1ml twice a day.
Quote:
Originally Posted by G.Alexander View Post
If the salt has really such a low concentration if would be better to use a different salt with a adequate K+ level.

G.Alexander
So it's been a few weeks and I've added a few sps and Lps. I am struggling with the sps. They seem to lose color and there is zero polyp extention. All the sps I have bought had full polyp extention in the store.

I also am getting a brown film on the rocks and glass every day or two.

Parameters have been stable..
Alk 130-133
Cal 415
Mag 1320
P04 .009-.015
Po3 5-10 ppm- depends if socks need to be changed.

Lps are doing great.

Still following your last recommendation
1 drop Zeobak 100L 2-3 a week
Sponge Power 1 drop per 100L every other day
Zeostart .1ml twice a day.

A few pictures to try and help unfortunately they are blue from leds


Thanks!













Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Last edited by G.Alexander; 10-13-2017 at 03:08 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 09-26-2017, 01:17 AM
G.Alexander's Avatar
G.Alexander G.Alexander 目前離線
ZEOadmin
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 33,819
Default

Where you able to already increase the K+ level to ~ 380 mg already ?

Has the decrease of poly expansion started at the beginning or was this a slow process ?

G.Alexander
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 09-26-2017, 07:37 AM
bmwm235i bmwm235i 目前離線
ZEOhead in Training
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: NJ
Posts: 32
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by G.Alexander View Post
Where you able to already increase the K+ level to ~ 380 mg already ?

Has the decrease of poly expansion started at the beginning or was this a slow process ?

G.Alexander
I was able to get k+ to 360 working on getting to 380 but slowly. The polpys do not extend at all on my tank. Par levels are good acros sitting in 220-240 branching monti is in 180. They are not browned out or bleached just dull with no PE.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 09-27-2017, 12:04 AM
G.Alexander's Avatar
G.Alexander G.Alexander 目前離線
ZEOadmin
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 33,819
Default

I can not see anything problematic, can you please check if the polyps are out while the night ? Please also keep in mind that the system is very young (5 weeks) and you have used dry rock instead of live rock, in this case the cycle will last much longer. Biology is also a important factor to keep SPS corals successful.

Can you also tell which kind of carbon you use and how much you have running ?

G.Alexander
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 09-27-2017, 06:23 AM
bmwm235i bmwm235i 目前離線
ZEOhead in Training
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: NJ
Posts: 32
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by G.Alexander View Post
I can not see anything problematic, can you please check if the polyps are out while the night ? Please also keep in mind that the system is very young (5 weeks) and you have used dry rock instead of live rock, in this case the cycle will last much longer. Biology is also a important factor to keep SPS corals successful.

Can you also tell which kind of carbon you use and how much you have running ?

G.Alexander
No polyps at night either ive checked arpund 12am, 3am and 5am. Im using rox carbon in a bag using half of recommended for my water volume.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 09-28-2017, 12:27 AM
G.Alexander's Avatar
G.Alexander G.Alexander 目前離線
ZEOadmin
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 33,819
Default

This is what I would try first. Two water changes each 20% within a week plus removing the carbon temporary while this week. If any kind of missing elements is the problem corals should look better after this, but as said the system is still young so it might need additional time.

G.Alexander
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 09-28-2017, 07:28 AM
bmwm235i bmwm235i 目前離線
ZEOhead in Training
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: NJ
Posts: 32
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by G.Alexander View Post
This is what I would try first. Two water changes each 20% within a week plus removing the carbon temporary while this week. If any kind of missing elements is the problem corals should look better after this, but as said the system is still young so it might need additional time.

G.Alexander
Ok will do thank you sir!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 10-12-2017, 11:50 PM
bmwm235i bmwm235i 目前離線
ZEOhead in Training
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: NJ
Posts: 32
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by G.Alexander View Post
This is what I would try first. Two water changes each 20% within a week plus removing the carbon temporary while this week. If any kind of missing elements is the problem corals should look better after this, but as said the system is still young so it might need additional time.

G.Alexander
So things have been running great.. levels are stablizing more and more. Corals are doing great.. sps have color.. lps have color and feeding well some growth can be seen. Sea fans loving life. Mushrooms good.. chalice and favias also doing great.

One issue is I'm doing 10ml of k plus to keep it at 370-380. This is going to be pricy unless I can find a cheeper potassium supplement. I do not have the space to make my own salt. Brightwell makes a potassium supplement and state in their description for use with zeolite systems.

Second issue any frag I buy with Coraline, the Coraline dies and turns white. Also no Coraline growing anywhere.. system 2 months exactly today still a young system.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 10-13-2017, 03:08 AM
G.Alexander's Avatar
G.Alexander G.Alexander 目前離線
ZEOadmin
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 33,819
Default

Do your SPS corals are growing well ?

Coraline algae are not growing that much in nutrient poor system also as you mention the system is still very young.

G.Alexander
__________________
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:59 AM.


Powered by: vBulletin Version 3.8.7, Copyright ©2000 - 2009, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright by ZeoVit.com