zeovit.com Prolineaquatics  

Go Back   zeovit.com > General Discussion Forums - International > General Discussion - English

General Discussion - English General Marine Aquaria Discussion with and without ZEOVit.

Active Threads
0 Frag Tank
Last Post: gguertin145
Posted On: Yesterday
Replies: 0
Views: 18
0 NEW Giveaway: AquaPulse Powerheads For Your Reef Tank
Last Post: Premiumaq
Views: 19
0 Reef Hommi
Last Post: Hommi
Replies: 135
Views: 10,084
0 How to swich to ZeoVit
Last Post: marcin_c
Replies: 23
Views: 527
0 Tunze Door Buster Specials Ends 11/18!
Last Post: Bugger
Replies: 4
Views: 77
0 who uses coral booster and FWS?
Last Post: illumnae
Replies: 3
Views: 559
0 15% OFF TLF, Eshopps, Halo LEDS, RO, & Flipper
Last Post: Premiumaq
Views: 25
0 This is really lovely
Last Post: HelenMancuso
Replies: 3
Views: 933
0 Low nitrates low Po4
Last Post: tnick
Views: 109
0 B-Balance dosage to raise per mg/l
Last Post: 2una
Views: 64
More...

Old 08-26-2017, 11:47 PM
G.Alexander G.Alexander 目前離線
ZEOadmin

Sorry, missed your post. 2 would be my recommendation also. If there is enough space you might place the absorber with the mash bag on the top of the zeolite in the reactor, kneading the mash bag regular. 1 would also be a good option.

Does the absorber is floating around in the media reactor ?

G.Alexander
Old 08-27-2017, 12:50 AM
Minichou Minichou 目前離線
ZEOhead in Training

Not really. I wouldn't be surprised if the GFO starts to clump together - if so I got plenty to spare. I figure that I'm weaning myself off of it, so no biggie.

Also, at what point should I dose something like K+? I measured my potassium at 360. Should I start? If so, I was looking at the Phols K+ Automatic elements or pellets that you drop in and they slowly dissolve. I'm a little confused by how this product works. Typically you would dose a calculated amount of additive based on the measured level of an element. However, these pellets you drop in based only on your water volume. How do you control them from under or overdosing?
Old 08-28-2017, 02:55 AM
ZEOadmin

The K+ level is a little bit to low but you should not expect big issues because o f it as it is just 20 mg lower than the level of natural sweater which we try to keep. I have no experience with the automatic elements so I can not really give you a advise with them. I would recommend to get K-Balance or K-Balance Strong to slowly increase the level to ~ 380 mg which you can start as soon as possible.

G.Alexander
Old 08-28-2017, 03:43 AM
Minichou Minichou 目前離線
ZEOhead in Training

In reading the dosing instructions for K-balance and it specifies the following:
"Dosage: 1 ml / 25 US-Gallons, Daily"

This instruction also does not factor in the current level of potassium in the tank. Similar to the automatic elements, it only accounts for the water volume of the tank. How does the dosage change depending on your specific level of potassium? It doesn't sound right to dose the same amount for an extremely potassium low tank vs. a slighty low potassium level tank. Any insight you can provide on such an approach? Do you have a more calculated means of dosing the K-balance?
Old 08-28-2017, 11:55 PM
Minichou Minichou 目前離線
ZEOhead in Training

I just measured my potassium today and it was at 330! Should I get the K-Balance or K-Balance Strong? And what should my dosing schedule be for it?

I also measured my NSW that I use for water changes and it had potassium levels of 350. Can I use the K-balance to bring my potassium levels up on the NSW before I perform my water changes? If so, I do a 7 gallons water change weekly, how much should I dose before adding it to my system? Is there a calculator for dosing potassium?

Thanks,
Old 08-29-2017, 04:13 AM
ZEOadmin

The dosing recommendation on the bottles usually show the maximum dosage which can be used without causing damage. In the case of K-Balance you need to dose it depending to the test result. It is just important to increase the level slowly. If you increase it to quick your corals might respond with TN starting from the tips. Natural seawater usually has a potassium level of 380 mg but this might differ in some regions also the salinity has a impact.

G.Alexander
Old 09-03-2017, 01:15 AM
Minichou Minichou 目前離線
ZEOhead in Training

I just got my KZ K-balance today. The bottle does not advise on a maximum dosage. All it says is to dose 1ml/25 gallons daily. This is independent of the measured K+ levels of my tank. So I went ahead and dosed 3ml to my 60 gallon tank. My K+ was 340 ppm prior to dosing and remained at 340 ppm after dosing. How does this work? Do I keep dosing 3 ml daily and at some point my K+ will start to increase? And do I keep this daily dosing until I reach 380? And then what - do I stop dosing? How do I maintain a 380 K+ in the long run?
Old 09-04-2017, 07:24 AM
ZEOadmin

Dose 1 ml / 25 US gallons twice daily (morning / evening) until the level is ~ 380 mg.

Than stop dosing for a couple of days to see if the level does decrease. If that is the case you need to find the correct quantity for your system to keep the level stabile around 380 mg.

G.Alexander
Old 09-04-2017, 12:20 PM
Minichou Minichou 目前離線
ZEOhead in Training

Thanks I'll give that a try. The NSW change that I do weekly has a potassium level of 350 which will counter my efforts in keeping my K+ levels at 380. Is it really worth stressing about my K+ levels at 350? I'm thinking that once I get my K+ levels up to 380, I will toss in 5 tablets of the K-balance auto elements and stop the daily dosing. I'll measure my K+ occasionally just to make sure it doesn't drift too far from 350. Does that sound like a good plan?
Old 09-05-2017, 04:08 AM
ZEOadmin

As long as you do not have any kind of issues with your corals I would not see a need to increase the level as you can never be sure that your test kit is that accurate.

G.Alexander
Old 09-05-2017, 05:15 PM
Minichou Minichou 目前離線
ZEOhead in Training

Great thanks for the tip. I just ordered some of the auto tablets for K-balance. I've noticed my K+ slowly rising with the twice a day dosing. I will watch for the 380 mark.

This weekend will be the end of week 4 of starting my Zeovit, which means I will be doing my first change of Zeovit stones. The guide states the following about ZeoBac: "It should be dosed for a period of 10-14 days after every exchange of ZEOvit".

Is this necessary for every instance of Zeovit stones swap out? Or can I maintain the 2 x 3 per week dosing of ZeoBac?

Thanks.
Old 09-06-2017, 04:44 AM
ZEOadmin

Dose ZeoBac daily after each exchange for 10 days, than 2 x weekly. Keep about 10% of the old material in the reactor and add about 90% fresh material.

G.Alexander
Old 09-06-2017, 05:40 PM
Minichou Minichou 目前離線
ZEOhead in Training

Thanks G.Alexander for the tips. When do you think I can start dosing Zeofood? My nitrates has hovered between 1-2 ppm since starting the Zeovit system about 3 weeks ago. I only ask because I purchased a bottle of Zeofood as a part of my startup kit, so it is sitting on the shelf ready for use.

A more general question is at what point would it make sense to start playing around with the other KZ additives (LPS ammino acids, coral vitalizer, etc)?
Old 09-07-2017, 04:08 AM
ZEOadmin

Good time to start with additional additives is when the systems nutrient levels are stabile low, corals growing well and tissue is getting lighter, also when no are algae or cyanos in the system.

G.Alexander
Old 09-12-2017, 07:19 PM
Minichou Minichou 目前離線
ZEOhead in Training

So I've been dosing K-balance twice a day (2.4 ml in morning and evening) for about a week now, but my K+ seems to hold steady at 350. Does it take longer for the K+ levels to rise? I've also got some of the K-balance auto elements. What your thoughts about dropping the auto elements in (4 pellets) while continuing to perform the twice-daily dose of K-balance to get my K+ levels to rise?

Also a side question, should ZEOBak be kept in the fridge after opening to extend shelf life?