zeovit.com Korallenzucht  

Go Back   zeovit.com > Picture Forums > Tank Gallery (All Languages)

Tank Gallery (All Languages) Please share your tank in general/building process etc.

Active Threads
10 My new "Texas 210 Gallon"
Last Post: johntekin
Posted On: Today
Replies: 3
Views: 114
0 Zeovit 14 days cycle red sea reefer 250
Last Post: behague0104
Replies: 20
Views: 864
0 New sps tank
Last Post: chrisevich
Replies: 25
Views: 549
0 New guy here looking for help
Last Post: mike1970
Replies: 34
Views: 1,422
0 Converting established tank to Zeovit
Last Post: arringar
Replies: 48
Views: 2,559
0 my new thank....
Last Post: blueyedson
Replies: 102
Views: 5,941
0 Converting a 1 yr old tank to Zeovit
Last Post: Vincentwangz
Replies: 16
Views: 711
0 Help starting ZEOvit on an established tank
Last Post: Minichou
Replies: 41
Views: 1,462
0 changing from FM to Zeovit
Last Post: chercm
Posted On: Yesterday
Replies: 215
Views: 8,144
0 Help Needed
Last Post: G.Alexander
Posted On: Yesterday
Replies: 11
Views: 424
More...
Old 05-08-2016, 10:24 AM
Edmond D. Edmond D. 目前離線
ZEOhead

Hi Pedro
Why would you put the refugium in front of your skimmer? I always had a big refugium with chaeto and caulerpa after the skimmer and worked pretty well.
Old 05-08-2016, 10:30 AM
PmRg PmRg 目前離線
ZEOhead

Hi Edmond,

I will be following Triton's sump system and by his specs we have to put the refuge before the skimmer, this is making sense to me now... not saying your way is not working I'm just following Triton's method.

Refuge before the skimmer, with the water from the tank coming in first into the refuge... (no substract on the refuge) but sedimentation will start to build up therefore creating a "substract" for the algae.

Pedro.

Check out my reef Island Reef
Old 05-08-2016, 11:15 AM
Edmond D. Edmond D. 目前離線
ZEOhead

Hi Pedro
I know you have to follow Tritons advice. I just don't see the big deal that refugium in front of the skimmer and not after . Sediment will build up everywhere, after the skimmer probably slower but it will.
Having a refugium after skimmer it makes bigger sense to me because whatever bugs grows there it end up in the DT, feeding the fish and corals too. If you don't want this natural feeding process that's a different story.
Old 05-08-2016, 03:03 PM
EdCourtney EdCourtney 目前離線
ZEOhead

Hey Guys,

I know you have to follow Tritons advice. I just don't see the big deal that refugium in front of the skimmer and not after . Sediment will build up everywhere, after the skimmer probably slower but it will.
Having a refugium after skimmer it makes bigger sense to me because whatever bugs grows there it end up in the DT, feeding the fish and corals too. If you don't want this natural feeding process that's a different story.

I can understand your thinking here Edmond, but without going into an in depth scientific explanation I think the rational is that the algae get the first bite at the cherry so to speak. They get to take what available nutrient etc. that they can before the skimmer goes to work on it. It's very similar in that respect to the recommended Zeo sump sequence, skimmer first followed by Zeorx, and the rational behind that.
In addition to nutrient capture and export the algae also provide complex sugars/amino acids etc. for the corals so the algae health is very important in this system. Copepods etc. will get past the skimmer, especially if it is venturi, or so we are told. It is debatable how much sediment will make it through the algae refugium once it is properly established, Triton rate this sump sequence highly for it's water polishing properties. I think it would be desirable to trap as much sediment as possible in the algae stage of the sump.

I even made a small phyto reactor connected to the dosing pump it was really good but required a lot of maintenance so I gave up on that and got back to manual dosing...

I like the sound of this Pedro, got any pictures?

but never turn the skimmer off humm thats to extreme of a change

I'm not convinced that it would be too extreme, depending on the period of downtime, and am still researching the idea, this article seems to suggest otherwise:

http://www.advancedaquarist.com/2008/8/aafeature3

Those articles look intresting just need to someone with a student pass to download the full articles ahhaha

No need Pedro, I've got that covered.

https://www.researchgate.net/publica...ol_132_409-421

http://fau.digital.flvc.org/islandora/object/fau%3A6274

You can download/access full text of both free of charge from these links
Old 05-19-2016, 03:13 PM
PmRg PmRg 目前離線
ZEOhead

Smile

News

First acros are in, looking good so far

Now rising Ca, Mg and KH during 7-9days so... very slowly

meanwhile I'll be attending Interzoo if anyone is around and wants to meet let me know

When I get back it's time to start Triton BASE

Pedro.

Old 05-23-2016, 02:38 AM
ZEOhead

Hi Pedro,

That Acro looks very happy to me and considering you are still fine tuning params that's quite amazing.
Old 05-23-2016, 05:04 PM
PmRg PmRg 目前離線
ZEOhead

Thanks Ed,

Yes looking good so far... now on my way to Interzoo and left the sis with the task of dosing Ca Mg and NaCl so when I arrive it's time to start with the BASE elementz

meanwhile... an extra green stylo.

Pedro

Old 06-07-2016, 02:14 PM
PmRg PmRg 目前離線
ZEOhead

UPDATE.

First of all, here it is a video I did on my trip to Interzoo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DlKOSswLsf4

Now I'm back from Interzoo for a week, but while I was away I left dosing instructions to get my parameters in check before I started Elementz BASE, but since I had some corals already the dosing calculations were a bit short ahah, so when I got back the only thing that was correct was the Mg... bummer... spent the last week raising Ca ang KH and maintaining Mg and finallyyyyy after multiple tests per day I had the perfect values so time to start dosing Elemtentz BASE 2 days ago the dosing started and so far so good

New sump system arriving soon, completely design to work with the Triton method

Pedro.

Old 06-07-2016, 06:00 PM
ZEOhead

Hi Pedro,

Thanks for the video, it looks like a great show and I would love to go myself one day.naughty:

Were there any products that you were really impressed with?
How about the Phillips Coral Care LED? I want to see some more info on this product, from what I have seen on the website it looks promising. I wonder how it compares with the LANI.

I didn't see the Neptune stand in the video, were they there?

Your DT is looking great, still gleaming! I bet you're itching to get that sump hooked up, I'm itching to see it!

Triton's new website came online the other day with, amongst the new larger product range, their CORE7 concentrated reagents, no mixing required. Is this what you're going to use? I guess if you've got really good quality precision dosing pumps, like Neptune Dos, or the Vertex stepper, it makes sense not to have large volumes of elementz taking up space somewhere, and it equates to less wear on your pumps too.
Old 06-08-2016, 06:45 AM
PmRg PmRg 目前離線
ZEOhead

Hi Ed,

Thanks.

Interzoo was amazing!!!

Well products... Triton labs new range was great that's what really stood out...

Philips Coral Care... looks interesting but I need to see results first... and also looks like a nicer garden flood light... so less points for design errrr on the other hand Triton Lani Wow. very stylish and elegant, and we all know how's Triton tank using Triton Lani...

Neptune stand it was actually Sicce stand with the new Neptune system in the middle on a small section... I waited for some time for the Neptune guys to show up because I'm interested in Neptune's monitoring system for my tank but... they were not there

Can't wait to install the new sump, errrr lol now getting desperate ahah

CORE7... thinking about it... I like the fact of the compact size, don't like the fact that it's "less forgiving" so in case of an error it can be more devastating hum.. still it's a viable option, I do have a Pacific Sun doser, I can dose 0.1ml precisely even 0.01ml.

Pedro

Old 06-13-2016, 03:38 PM
PmRg PmRg 目前離線
ZEOhead

No news yet

Just another video I did during my trip to northen Portugal before Interzoo A mini road trip visiting some really nice tanks.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yMfvt6nb41k

Pedro.

Old 06-15-2016, 03:36 PM
PmRg PmRg 目前離線
ZEOhead

Hello,

News from the tank, added a juvenile Ctenochaetus tominiensis, it has the size of my Z. Xanthurum tail fin ahah

Pedro

Old 06-15-2016, 04:27 PM
ZEOhead

Hi Pedro,

Cute, what's he feeding on?

Where's the sump, the suspense is killing me!
Old 06-19-2016, 04:15 PM
PmRg PmRg 目前離線
ZEOhead

Ed,

he was eating algae all the time and sometimes pellets but unfortunately died 3days after I put him in

The sump is coming ahah manufacturing has started now need to wait 1month to be finished canttt wait :p

More tank progress:

parameters are very stable, really loving the Triton method.

New video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uCFmwUO2-jU

Pedro

Old 06-20-2016, 01:27 AM
ZEOhead

Hi Pedro,

he was eating algae all the time and sometimes pellets but unfortunately died 3days after I put him in

Sorry to hear that.

Thanks for the video, very nice.

How much of each Base Elementz are you dosing at the moment?

Are you only testing KH at the moment?