zeovit.com Sewatec.de - Reef Supply International  

Go Back   zeovit.com > Picture Forums > Tank Gallery (All Languages)

Tank Gallery (All Languages) Please share your tank in general/building process etc.

Active Threads
10 My new "Texas 210 Gallon"
Last Post: johntekin
Posted On: Today
Replies: 3
Views: 113
0 Zeovit 14 days cycle red sea reefer 250
Last Post: behague0104
Replies: 20
Views: 864
0 New sps tank
Last Post: chrisevich
Replies: 25
Views: 549
0 New guy here looking for help
Last Post: mike1970
Replies: 34
Views: 1,422
0 Converting established tank to Zeovit
Last Post: arringar
Replies: 48
Views: 2,559
0 my new thank....
Last Post: blueyedson
Replies: 102
Views: 5,941
0 Converting a 1 yr old tank to Zeovit
Last Post: Vincentwangz
Replies: 16
Views: 711
0 Help starting ZEOvit on an established tank
Last Post: Minichou
Replies: 41
Views: 1,461
0 changing from FM to Zeovit
Last Post: chercm
Posted On: Yesterday
Replies: 215
Views: 8,143
0 Help Needed
Last Post: G.Alexander
Posted On: Yesterday
Replies: 11
Views: 424
More...

Old 03-05-2016, 07:20 PM
PmRg PmRg 目前離線
ZEOhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandy View Post
Looking awesome Pedro, even in the algae bloom state

Looking forward to the developments.
cheers Pandy will have some new pics and videos soon

Check out my reef Island Reef
Old 04-12-2016, 10:02 AM
PmRg PmRg 目前離線
ZEOhead

Hello everyone

News... I collected my old LPS and softies stock from a friend, have it in for more than 3 weeks now and everything looks good even with the cloudy water.

Having clear water I got two new fishes in and they are looking fine as well.

Here it is a small video of the new inhabitants going in the tank

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dkocc26p9K8

Cirrhilabrus lubbocki
Halichoeres chrysus

Now it's time to start with Triton dosing

Pedro.

Old 04-16-2016, 07:31 AM
PmRg PmRg 目前離線
ZEOhead

Update

Dosing is almost starting already done the testing and the values are a low... been advised by Triton Labs to raise the parameters so I can then start dosing the BASE Elementz, I have been sourcing MgCl2 and NaHCo3 on the local pharmacies ahah just could not find CaCl2 errr had to order that... will delay my dosing for a while but it's ok after all this time waiting I'm loving the clean look of the tank

Enjoy a The Island Reef moment my Halichoeres chrysus coming out of the sand

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EoOWzHjGpms

Pedro

Old 04-16-2016, 02:55 PM
Bugger Bugger 目前線上
ZEOdabbler

Its just not the same as your old tank. Packed corals end to end
Old 04-16-2016, 02:58 PM
PmRg PmRg 目前離線
ZEOhead

Patience.... Patience

Sent from my E6853 using Tapatalk

Old 04-29-2016, 09:39 AM
PmRg PmRg 目前離線
ZEOhead

Hello everyone

Last week I was in Oporto and had the chance to go to Fragario do Norte, one of my favourite shops in north of Portugal, since I did not get anything from the shop ehhehe (will do next month) :P whoop new corals... I made a small video of the shops stock

enjoy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YXkITigh7RE

Pedro

Old 05-03-2016, 04:48 PM
PmRg PmRg 目前離線
ZEOhead

Hello,

News the tank is clear and algae free almost time to add some acros hehe

Pedro

Old 05-03-2016, 05:57 PM
EdCourtney EdCourtney 目前離線
ZEOhead

Wow....... clear you say? your tank is gleaming, bring it on
Old 05-04-2016, 03:41 PM
ZEOhead

Hi Pedro,

I have a few questions, if I may be so bold

A lot of Triton reefers seem quite secretive on this subject so excuse me if i'm being intrusive, I'm just very interested.

I'm researching a hybrid Triton system, using macro algae and an ATS, possibly with some bacteria/carbon dosing but without a phosphate or a zeo reactor. I won't go into too much detail now.

Are you running full Triton on this system? I'm curious about the sequence of your sump set up, are you skimming in advance of the algae stage?

Are you running a phosphate reactor, are you planning to alternate AL99 with another product?

Now this is the big question, any photo's of your sump algae growth during the cycling phase?
I would expect maybe just chaeto in the early maturation phases, until you get some sediment in the sump, but I may be wrong of course, you might have provided a substrate for your algae?

If it's still too early to be answering these questions, hey, no worries
Old 05-06-2016, 09:21 AM
PmRg PmRg 目前離線
ZEOhead

Hi EdCourtney,

thanks for the replies

Well no problem I can answer ahah not sure why they are secretive !? ahah

My system will be most likely a hybrid system, I have NSW 5minutes away from my house and I always used NSW hence don't need to stop doing water changes doing a water only costs me a trip to the sea and a bit of work carrying buckets around...

Going into the sump subject, I haven't posted much tech area pics because it's not finished yet I'm using my old tank sump which is very small 50x50cm with a BK Double Cone 200 skimmer in there ahha. But I'm planning a new sump with a well known systems designer eheh that will be a piece of art I already said too much eheh my plans for the new sump is indeed have a refuge and make it a proper Triton Sump, since I'm being supported by Triton I want to make something perfect for Triton with a refuge before the skimmer... drains for cleaning... etc...

My idea is to use an activated carbon reactor only, plus bacteria/carbon dosing.

I still need to discuss this idea with Triton and see if this is viable, I started the tank with no dosing at all just a simple system with dry sand and dead rock plus a bit of live rock to bring new bacteria cultures in... The tank started in 28th of November and just now I think it's ready to start receiving live stock and dosing, not rushing anything here a good start is always the best way to maintain a good reef tank I think

So my next steps is to get the Ca, Mg and KH up by Triton's instructions with salts and then start Triton Dosing but just need one of the salts I'm missing... next week I hope I'll start the process

Pedro.

Old 05-06-2016, 12:25 PM
ZEOhead

Thumbs up

Hi Pedro,

Thanks for getting back so quickly, and for answering my questions.

Well no problem I can answer ahah not sure why they are secretive !? ahah

I've been desperate for a look at the sump on the Triton display system in Dusseldorf, do you think I can find any pictures or info anywhere?
No chance! You would think that Mr Dashti would be keen to show everyone how it's done for marketing purposes.

My system will be most likely a hybrid system, I have NSW 5minutes away from my house and I always used NSW hence don't need to stop doing water changes doing a water only costs me a trip to the sea and a bit of work carrying buckets around...

Ha, I knew it! I had a feeling that this was what you were doing, based on what you've done before. Man, I wish I lived close to a clean source of NSW. I live close to the sea, it's just not very clean, too close to the Medway and Thames estuaries!

Going into the sump subject, I haven't posted much tech area pics because it's not finished yet I'm using my old tank sump which is very small 50x50cm with a BK Double Cone 200 skimmer in there ahha. But I'm planning a new sump with a well known systems designer eheh that will be a piece of art I already said too much eheh my plans for the new sump is indeed have a refuge and make it a proper Triton Sump, since I'm being supported by Triton I want to make something perfect for Triton with a refuge before the skimmer... drains for cleaning... etc...

Hey, can't wait to see it!

My idea is to use an activated carbon reactor only, plus bacteria/carbon dosing.

Snap!

I still need to discuss this idea with Triton and see if this is viable, I started the tank with no dosing at all just a simple system with dry sand and dead rock plus a bit of live rock to bring new bacteria cultures in... The tank started in 28th of November and just now I think it's ready to start receiving live stock and dosing, not rushing anything here a good start is always the best way to maintain a good reef tank I think

All in all this is quite a coincidence. I've been toying with the idea of a Zeo/Triton hybrid for a long time now and doing lots of research. From what I've read I can see no reason why it shouldn't or couldn't work, despite the apparently more common belief that it can't. It's just about finding the correct balance, just like any other system and taking it slowly as you say.
If you don't use a zeorx, a calciumrx or a phosphaterx you should be able to achieve a balance between the algae and bacteria and also the Triton Elementz. I'm even planning on using an ATS along side the macro algae, why not huh? The ATS would take the excess nutrient from the water column, the macro take most of their nutrition from sediment, which is why Triton don't recommend a filter sock, they should work in harmony. You can use a combination of algae to compliment each other, this may involve some trial and error, but that's part of the fun isn't it?
I'm totally into running a system with a good planktonic soup going on too, and fully believe this is possible without causing problems with nutrient if your algae filtration and your skimmer are working well together and you run those in a harmonious system too. Bring on the dawn of the full captive ecosystem I say!

I'm happy to share some idea's and research papers on algae and plankton ecology topics with you, it would be good to bounce some ideas off you and get some feedback.
Really looking forward to seeing how your project develops, it's looking great already and you have some lovely kit, mine is still a way off unfortunately, I'll probably have to move house first!
Old 05-06-2016, 04:13 PM
PmRg PmRg 目前離線
ZEOhead

Hello again EdCourtney,

Well true story... ahah I haven't seen Triton's sump yet hummm not sure about the secretive... I guess that it's most likely very messy to show ahah

errr near the Thames ye... that's not good :/ and NSW is the best to use (if the NSW is clean)

Bacteria dosing makes all the sense to me to reduce Po4 and No3, my previous tank never had a Zeo Reactor, and I always had the perfect Po4/No3 values ~0.01 and 0-2ppm with my good experience using carbon source/bacteria dosing I think I can make it.

Balance... not sure if the algae will like the bacteria dosing as nutrients will be very low... in the other hand if refuge is the first chamber it will accumulate a lot of dirt as you say this needs to be tested... ATS never used it before so my experience about it is zero ahah, but chaeto might do the job takes the nutrients from the water? and Caulerpa from the sedimentation!? and I might get away without the ATS.

Triton Elementz is something like buffer... Ca... and Mg+trace elements I read it on Practical fishkeeping (last months issue I think) so that will not influence with anything bio related.

My intrested in Triton at first was 2 years ago when I visited Interzoo and had a chat with him... back then I was using an almost full zeo system (no zeo reactor) but using a LOT of KZ products ahah like almost the full range, but after some time(3years+) I started having unexplained issues I did a LOT of things with no success then got fed up and this project started ahah... Back to Triton, I like it because I know exactly what I'm putting inside the tank with crazy accurate testing results.

I'm happy to help out on anything my knowledge about algae is limited because I never had real refuge ahah but always like to learn new things as you already know ahah doing a completly different approach in this project.

Pedro.

Old 05-07-2016, 02:05 AM
ZEOhead

Hi Pedro,

I guess that it's most likely very messy to show ahah

You're probably right, I hadn't thought of it like that

Balance... not sure if the algae will like the bacteria dosing as nutrients will be very low... in the other hand if refuge is the first chamber it will accumulate a lot of dirt as you say this needs to be tested... ATS never used it before so my experience about it is zero ahah, but chaeto might do the job takes the nutrients from the water? and Caulerpa from the sedimentation!? and I might get away without the ATS.

It was this system that really got me interested in a hybrid concept:

http://zeovit.com/forums/showthread....7s+sunlit+reef

I had already started on full Zeo when I first saw it, so had to give that my best shot I felt.
I absolutely love this system! Adee is a very talented aquarist, his filtration system is very clever, check out the phenomenal coral health and growth, it's outstanding!
I literally drool every time I look back through his thread, his Acropora are so beautiful.
Now, he doesn't use Zeo bacteria and carbon dosing products but I don't see why you couldn't at the moment, I am reading up on the correlation between algae, bacteria and coral mortality though, and also I think Sponge Power is a great product.
Curiously he does use a phosphaterx, but I reckon you could get rid of that with the right combination of algae, and I think, as you say, that Triton would greatly simplify maintaining stable water chemistry, allowing more time for other aspects of good water management.

The nutrient values are in constant flux, we're always pumping nutrient into our system through feeding, and the animals produce waste, and we need to take it out again, but......it will always be available, or could be available.
I think that you could put a higher bloload on your system with the correct combination of filtration/processing methods, so more feeding with more natural foods for example, and a more natural trophic environment for your animals, and a more complete captive ecosystem.
I like the idea of algae refugia to boost copepod densities, in addition to nutrient management, and I like the idea of phyto dosing to further assist with zooplankton nutrition and that of filter feeders too. More zooplankton, more phytoplankton and bacterioplankton equals happier animals and quite possibly the ability to cater for a wider variety.
I also like the idea of blending up natural feeds from fresh shellfish etc. for the coral, and fish/shrimp/crabs go crazy for meatier foods too, like frozen mysis and stuff.
I'm looking at running an overpowered KZ skimmer, but specifically how it might work by running it during the daytime only, with the algae doing their work by night, and phyto/bacteria dosing done at night too. There are other things to consider here though, PH and oxygenation being important.

Gary White (Mesocosm) has provided a massive amount of research material on the forum, but sadly some of the links don't work anymore.

Here's some I've looked up recently, on algae and stuff:

This gives a good overview on ATS, applications and various algae.
https://www.google.com/patents/US4333263

This is very interesting regarding phosphorous Vs nitrogen and macro algae, sedimentary nutrition etc.:
http://link.springer.com/article/10....0050407#page-1

Some more on nutrient limited productivity of algae:
http://link.springer.com/article/10....0301191#page-1

I have already posted these elsewhere, but no one has joined in with discussion yet.

Plenty more reading to do!, but I have plenty of time, as you say......patience
Old 05-07-2016, 08:07 PM
Bugger Bugger 目前線上
ZEOdabbler

Pedro what problems did you run into using KZ. with your old system
WHat products are you planning on using on your new tank
Old 05-08-2016, 09:40 AM
PmRg PmRg 目前離線
ZEOhead

EdCourtney, I know Adees system is very impressive I've following it for some years now... haven't seen any recent updates from him tough :/
I like his concept that massive algae refugium is intresting.

For my experience I'll start by using a refugium before the skimmer, chaeto + caulerpa and will see what happens, also I will really think about the bacteria / carbon dosing.
I don't like the use of media to reduce Po4 it's too extreme for the system that's my idea/experience.

Zooplankton and Phytoplankton is something I always "used", on my previous tank I used to dose phytoplankton a lot I even made a small phyto reactor connected to the dosing pump it was really good but required a lot of maintenance so I gave up on that and got back to manual dosing... not ideal but much less time consuming... I haven't gave up on the phyto idea yet I just need to find a good automated way for phyto dosing.

Always had good results with SP, but I wonder what's inside of it ? sponge bits? I don't want to add any elements in besides Tritons hence me knowing what exactly I'm dosing...

"I think that you could put a higher bloload on your system with the correct combination of filtration/processing methods, so more feeding with more natural foods for example, and a more natural trophic environment for your animals, and a more complete captive ecosystem."

Sure I can my goal is always to over feed and pump a lot of nutrients in but with my massive skimmer take everything out quickly this is one of my main ideas with my other tank but never turn the skimmer off humm thats to extreme of a change ahha

Those articles look intresting just need to someone with a student pass to download the full articles ahhaha

Bugger, I had some problems after ~5years could not be realted to KZ but could also be realted not sure it all started with a tricolor loosing tissue from the base then all the other started loosing tissue and I could not control it not sure if it was overdosing of something... or maybe balling salts quality... so many factors it's hard to pin point... so I'm doing a different approach with this tank and will see what happens.

Pedro.