zeovit.com EcoTech Marine LLC  

Go Back   zeovit.com > General Discussion Forums - International > General Discussion - English

General Discussion - English General Marine Aquaria Discussion with and without ZEOVit.

Active Threads
10 My new "Texas 210 Gallon"
Last Post: johntekin
Posted On: Today
Replies: 3
Views: 114
0 Zeovit 14 days cycle red sea reefer 250
Last Post: behague0104
Replies: 20
Views: 864
0 New sps tank
Last Post: chrisevich
Replies: 25
Views: 549
0 New guy here looking for help
Last Post: mike1970
Replies: 34
Views: 1,422
0 Converting established tank to Zeovit
Last Post: arringar
Replies: 48
Views: 2,559
0 my new thank....
Last Post: blueyedson
Replies: 102
Views: 5,941
0 Converting a 1 yr old tank to Zeovit
Last Post: Vincentwangz
Replies: 16
Views: 711
0 Help starting ZEOvit on an established tank
Last Post: Minichou
Replies: 41
Views: 1,462
0 changing from FM to Zeovit
Last Post: chercm
Posted On: Yesterday
Replies: 215
Views: 8,144
0 Help Needed
Last Post: G.Alexander
Posted On: Yesterday
Replies: 11
Views: 424
More...

Old 06-07-2017, 02:18 AM
G.Alexander G.Alexander 目前離線
ZEOadmin

Does this tuff disappear completely while light are off growing back quick in the morning when the lights are switched on again ?

G.Alexander
Old 06-07-2017, 05:29 AM
Lowefx Lowefx 目前線上
Almost a ZEOhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by G.Alexander View Post
Does this tuff disappear completely while light are off growing back quick in the morning when the lights are switched on again ?

G.Alexander
Yes

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Old 06-08-2017, 02:16 AM
ZEOadmin

From the video I was not 100% sure those are Dinos however if they disappear while the darkening period it should indeed be Dinos.

If the situation does not goes more worse (looks like it is not worse already) I would not care much about them at the moment. Regular vacuum the affected sand areas in conjunction with regular CoralSnow additions is something I would try for some time.

Looks like the stuff is growing just in the areas which get direct light, you might try to paly around with the lighting spectrum also.

G.Alexander
Old 06-08-2017, 03:57 AM
Lowefx Lowefx 目前線上
Almost a ZEOhead

Quote:
From the video I was not 100% sure those are Dinos however if they disappear while the darkening period it should indeed be Dinos.

If the situation does not goes more worse (looks like it is not worse already) I would not care much about them at the moment. Regular vacuum the affected sand areas in conjunction with regular CoralSnow additions is something I would try for some time.

Looks like the stuff is growing just in the areas which get direct light, you might try to paly around with the lighting spectrum also.

G.Alexander
It has gotten worse. That's why I am removing all sand and replacing with live sand when I move the tank. Spectrum from Metal Halides has changed also. I went from 14k to 20k. Still an issue. I thought you may have had a better answers. Thanks for the help.

Old 06-09-2017, 02:15 AM
ZEOadmin

Not sure if you have already seen but the combination of ZeoVit and Live sand does usually not work very well. Constant cyano / algae issues are the problem.

G.Alexander
Old 06-09-2017, 05:31 AM
Lowefx Lowefx 目前線上
Almost a ZEOhead

Quote:
Not sure if you have already seen but the combination of ZeoVit and Live sand does usually not work very well. Constant cyano / algae issues are the problem.

G.Alexander
I'd rather deal with cyano/green algae and use vibrant to get rid of it, than have dinos and no way to get rid of them.
Dinos have response with Zeostart, ULNS, and Aminos. They tend to get worse using these. I'll try other avenues soon.

Old 06-09-2017, 07:23 AM
Lowefx Lowefx 目前線上
Almost a ZEOhead

Another post from another forum has seen positive results raising n03 and p04 to high levels in till the dinos are gone. How can I raise these elements using zeovit without taking it off-line?

Old 06-09-2017, 10:15 PM
ZEOadmin

Reducing the ZeoVit reactor flow and quantity also reducing the dosage should slowly bring them up in conjunction with additional food for the fish. Just be careful to not start with the usual ZeoVit quantity and the reactor flow suddenly after doing this, both should be increased step by step.

G.Alexander
Old 09-10-2017, 06:09 PM
Lowefx Lowefx 目前線上
Almost a ZEOhead

Just did a full test on my tank. Need advice @G.Alexander My nitrate is over 4ppm (top of my test kit) if guess to say it's close to 10ppm. Other than water changes, should I dose Zeobak daily for a week?
Phosphate is .08
SG 1.026
Mag 1320
78蚌
Ca 380
Alk 8.3
Ph 8
Potassium 390
I've relaxed on dosing zeostart a bit because of research that shows dosing fuels the dinos. Thread is here https://www.reef2reef.com/index.php?threads/293318/
Or should I just do normal water changes to lower?
Side note is that my LPS is still slowly dieing away. Started with Wilsoni, then acans, now chalice. Even with feeding directly I'm still having issues. Could this also be from high nitrate? Please advise

Old 09-11-2017, 03:30 AM
ZEOadmin

The NO3 level is not really high and even if it is 10 mg it will not have much of a negative impact especially not to the LPS corals.

Can you please tell which kind of carbon you use ?

Please also measure the flow through your zeovit reactor to make sure it is not to low.

Are the SPS corals showing healthy growth ?

G.Alexander
Old 09-12-2017, 04:28 AM
Lowefx Lowefx 目前線上
Almost a ZEOhead

Bulk reef supply large particle carbon I had in a net bag, passively in the sump. I have since removed all carbon. I've read that it is another factor for dino growth.
I will double check my flow rate, but I believe the valve is around half open on the Zeo reactor.
As far as SPS, my pink lemonade, red dragon, red planet, Efflo, and red Millie are doing good. Colors are not a WOW, but I do see new growth.

Old 09-13-2017, 01:55 AM
ZEOadmin

Lets try to measure the flow by collecting the water from the reactor outlet for 30 seconds. Multiply the volume by 120 and you will get the output per hour.

Especially LPS corals are adopting slower from my experience but basically they should not die.

G.Alexander