zeovit.com Korallenzucht  

Go Back   zeovit.com > General Discussion Forums - International > General Discussion - English

General Discussion - English General Marine Aquaria Discussion with and without ZEOVit.

Active Threads
0 Trying to lower Phosphate
Last Post: Scribe
Posted On: Today
Replies: 62
Views: 4,322
0 Phosphate
Last Post: scybulski
Replies: 88
Views: 2,618
0 190g SPS tank in Taiwan
Last Post: Sakisdraminos
Replies: 77
Views: 16,598
0 help with us please
Last Post: sam1980
Replies: 11
Views: 433
0 100g SPS Tank
Last Post: jacky
Replies: 78
Views: 4,671
0 Zeovit - Werte permanent zu niedrig
Last Post: JC1300
Replies: 10
Views: 554
0 jacky Novice questions for improvement
Last Post: jacky
Replies: 227
Views: 20,980
0 Day 9 of 14 day Zeocycle
Last Post: G.Alexander
Replies: 9
Views: 211
0 GIVEAWAY: Reef Brite Lumi Lite PRO & XHO LED Light Strip
Last Post: Premiumaq
Posted On: Yesterday
Replies: 1
Views: 121
0 200 gallon switch to Zeovit
Last Post: kosiarek84
Posted On: Yesterday
Replies: 176
Views: 12,242
More...

Old 06-01-2018, 03:59 AM
Ginkaku Ginkaku 目前離線
ZEOhead in Training

Quote:
Originally Posted by G.Alexander View Post
There are some kind of cyanos looking similar to the ones on the picture alternative it could be just some green algae. Both are completely different also their treatment. Can not see it clear in the pictures what exactly it is.

I would try to remove it manually to see if it grows back first.

G.Alexander
Hi Alex,

Noted on that...will have it scrap off later during my wc and update accordingly.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
Old 06-02-2018, 08:46 AM
Ginkaku Ginkaku 目前離線
ZEOhead in Training

Updates.

I've scrap off most of the green algae and everything looks new..lolx...its pretty hard tho something like a good algae which will end up consume by CUC..bt didnt notice them eating it. Hope it doesnt appear again. That aside, i still do get my sps rtn/stn and as of today i've lost 2 mini colony. Sadly, i notice its all the new additional sps that rtn/stn. The older ones are doing great with moderate-good PE. Hope the older sps will stay alive as im currently dosing -

Zeobak 2drop/3days
Zeostart 0.4ml (0.2ml am and pm)
Spongepower 2drop/2days
And i just started dosing -
Coralsnow 2ml/day

As of today my parameters are:

MG 1260ppm (has been hovering by 30ppm)
Kh 7.7dkh (has been hovering by 1.0dkh)
Ca 410ppm
Salinity 1.024

Do advice.

Old 06-03-2018, 12:29 AM
G.Alexander G.Alexander 目前離線
ZEOadmin

The dosing regimen and the water parameters are fine and not the reason for the TN if you use the correct reactor flow.

I think you have some kind of harmful substances in your system which causes the TN.

A couple of members have reported that they had issues with the combination of ZeoVit and Marinepure material, after removing the Marinepure the problems have gone, maybe a try to replace them with some fresh good quality live rock.

I can also not tell you something about the other material you have used as rocks, just have no experience with it, maybe someone else has experiences with it.

The lighting spectrum you use looks very blue on the pictures, you might check this also as to much blue is also not ideal especially for corals coloration.

G.Alexander
Old 06-03-2018, 10:16 AM
Ginkaku Ginkaku 目前離線
ZEOhead in Training

Quote:
The dosing regimen and the water parameters are fine and not the reason for the TN if you use the correct reactor flow.

I think you have some kind of harmful substances in your system which causes the TN.

A couple of members have reported that they had issues with the combination of ZeoVit and Marinepure material, after removing the Marinepure the problems have gone, maybe a try to replace them with some fresh good quality live rock.

I can also not tell you something about the other material you have used as rocks, just have no experience with it, maybe someone else has experiences with it.

The lighting spectrum you use looks very blue on the pictures, you might check this also as to much blue is also not ideal especially for corals coloration.

G.Alexander
Hi Alex,

Noted on that, bt im kinda worried if i were to remove the marinepure block it will effect the system, as i do not intend to add any liverock...and i do intend to add more aquaroche base plates probably later part. Basically i cn live with cycling alot longer tho..what im trying to achive is a long term beautiful sps tank which i've seen many who uses zeovit system.

That aside, as currently i do dose 2ml of coralsnow and 12drops of zeofood plus which i do not know whats the intention of zeofood plus. Will do a daily updates if possible with my param as well. Do guide me thru. Sorry for being a pain in the @#$.

As for bulbs combo, im use 6x24ati bulb which consist of

Bp,abs,bp,pp,bp and abs.

Old 06-04-2018, 05:46 AM
Ginkaku Ginkaku 目前離線
ZEOhead in Training

Hi all,

Did my param checks last night and just moments ago.

MG 0.18/1230ppm
KH 0.52/7.3dkh
CA 0.20/400ppm
Salinity 1.024
(No changes on param)

From above param i see that mg was abit low,so i added MG solution to rise by 20ppm. Hope it does goes too far.

As of today, i have lost 2xfrag of sps and 1x mini colony and soon another 1 coming soon.

Today dosing

Zeostart 0.4ml (0.2ml am/pm)
Coralsnow 2ml
Zeofood plus 12drops (day3)

Old 06-05-2018, 04:44 AM
G.Alexander G.Alexander 目前離線
ZEOadmin

Have you also checked if the potassium level is to low ?

G.Alexander
Old 06-17-2018, 06:12 AM
Ginkaku Ginkaku 目前離線
ZEOhead in Training

Quote:
Have you also checked if the potassium level is to low ?

G.Alexander
Hi Alex,

An update...but i have to apologies first...

1) i did not check and rechecked my total main tank volume which i miss culculated.

2) All the dosing was overdosed

Due to that i belive that cause the stn/rtn on all my sps

As for question i'll respond with differently with a new update

My apologies again Alex

Old 06-17-2018, 06:46 AM
Ginkaku Ginkaku 目前離線
ZEOhead in Training

Hi all ignore my first post on the top

1. Gross water volume of your complete system (incl. sump etc.) - US gallons / UK gallons / liter
180L
2. Net water volume (incl. sump etc.) - US gallons / UK gallons / liter
150L
3. Are you using a CaCO2 reactor or other technique
Co2 reactor
4. Are you using a PO4 reactor (how long, how long ago, etc.)
NA
5. Are you using Ozone
NA
6. Are you using UV
NA
7. What skimmer are you using (type, rated water volume)
Skimz sn123 (Wet skim)
8. What are your actual PO4 and NO3 levels
Po4 0.02 (Salifert) No3 0 (Salifert)
9. What are your actual Ca, Alk and Mg levels
Ca 400 Alk 8.6 Mg 1260
10. What filtration method do you use (refugium, DSB, Miracle Mud, etc.)
Marinepure block
11. Type of light (Watt, color temp, how old, etc.)
ATI 6x24watts
bp/abs/bp/pp/bp/abs
12. What corals do you keep
sps
13. Tissue color (light or dark)
NA
14. How long has the tank been running
104days
15. Why do you want to use the ZEOvit system
Coloration
16. Any supplemental dosing (type, amount, why, etc.)
Zeobak,Start,Spongepower and Zeofood plus
17. Live rock (how much, how old, etc.)
Dead and some life rocks (Aquaroche)
18. Any present problems
Cyno (only certain part of the rocks)
19. Problem description (tissue loss tips, tissue loss base, diatom bloom, algae, etc.)
Cyno
20. What test kit do you use (how old, recently switched, etc.)
Salifert
21. Present dosing, amounts and intervals (ZEOvit, ZEObak, ZEOfood, ZEOstart, ZEOspur2, etc.)
Zeobak - 1drop/3days, Zeostart - 0.2ml/daily(0.1ml am/pm), Spongepower - 1drops/2days, Zeofood plus - 2drops/3days
22. Other water parameters and water stability (salinity, temp, etc.)
Salinity - 1.024
Temp - 25
23. Which salt brand do you use
Tropic marin pro

Do advice me on the amt of zeovit stones i required, and am i dosing everything as stated correctly..appreciate all advice.

Thks.

Old 06-17-2018, 08:44 AM
jacky jacky 目前離線
ZEOhead

Hello friends, I still think that your water quality is too clean, kz recommends using live rock, no live rock, sponge power is not helpful. Can you tell me what are the reasons for not using live rock? System fragility and the use of lower NPs means that corals can't adapt to other skimmers. Isn't it working properly? My solution: You need some good quality live rock to put in a sump. Or use fresh seawater to pour into the microbial flora, or add a few fish, or add some nutrients to the corals and let the system establish the microflora but this takes a long time. Let us first establish ecological microorganisms instead of purifying water
Old 06-17-2018, 08:53 AM
Ginkaku Ginkaku 目前離線
ZEOhead in Training

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacky View Post
Hello friends, I still think that your water quality is too clean, kz recommends using live rock, no live rock, sponge power is not helpful. Can you tell me what are the reasons for not using live rock? System fragility and the use of lower NPs means that corals can't adapt to other skimmers. Isn't it working properly? My solution: You need some good quality live rock to put in a sump. Or use fresh seawater to pour into the microbial flora, or add a few fish, or add some nutrients to the corals and let the system establish the microflora but this takes a long time. Let us first establish ecological microorganisms instead of purifying water
Hi Jacky,

Is this a question to me?if so, reason for not using liverock was to evade any pest which is likely be available...i wouldnt mind cycling longer as most of my sps i have asked a friend to help me out to look after..cheers

Old 06-17-2018, 09:01 AM
jacky jacky 目前離線
ZEOhead

Let's say for example: ULNS, where is the difference between the quality of water np of reverse osmosis brewing sea salt and the np of a perfect system? There is an interdependent relationship between plankton and microbes. For example, bacteria provide vitamins and other nutrients for phytoplankton, and phytoplankton secrete glycolic acid as a source of energy and carbon for certain bacteria.

Due to the variability of marine microorganisms, they can participate in the degradation of various marine pollutants or poisons, which helps the self-purification of seawater and maintain the stability of the marine ecosystem.
Old 06-17-2018, 09:14 AM
jacky jacky 目前離線
ZEOhead

Your concern is very good. This is also my concern. When I use a dead live rock in my tank, I can't build it up. I can't get enough water, and skimmer can't get normal bubbles. Yes, but it really takes a long time, or use seawater. I also thought I was scared of crabs, pests,... Then I ask you a question. When you newly enter coral, do you ensure that 100% is clean? My approach is to use some live rock to put in the sump, everything has changed the water quality is particularly transparent, the system's growth can be clearly seen, sponge body .... Trust me!
Old 06-17-2018, 09:27 AM
jacky jacky 目前離線
ZEOhead

To make an interesting analogy, if the air you breathe is pure oxygen, is this feasible? Is the composition of air all pure oxygen? I just want to help you. I hope you don't misunderstand what I mean. Please forgive my bad meaning. We are friends.
Old 06-17-2018, 09:36 AM
jacky jacky 目前離線
ZEOhead

By the way, another way is to use a replacement that you think is not a pest-free friend. This also helps the system. My advice is to use some good quality live rock to remove crab algae, ..., put in sump.
Old 06-17-2018, 09:48 AM
Ginkaku Ginkaku 目前離線
ZEOhead in Training

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacky View Post
To make an interesting analogy, if the air you breathe is pure oxygen, is this feasible? Is the composition of air all pure oxygen? I just want to help you. I hope you don't misunderstand what I mean. Please forgive my bad meaning. We are friends.
Cheers no worries