zeovit.com Vertex  

Go Back   zeovit.com > General Discussion Forums - International > General Discussion - English

General Discussion - English General Marine Aquaria Discussion with and without ZEOVit.

Active Threads
0 Alkalinity
Last Post: jacky
Posted On: Today
Replies: 36
Views: 1,292
0 T5 Supplement Radion - Bulb choice
Last Post: ericsalt
Posted On: Today
Replies: 2
Views: 622
0 What size reactor?
Last Post: Chad_P
Posted On: Today
Replies: 2
Views: 60
0 Vibe questions
Last Post: G.Alexander
Posted On: Yesterday
Replies: 25
Views: 1,673
0 How to reduce Nitrates
Last Post: G.Alexander
Posted On: 08-17-2018
Replies: 11
Views: 396
0 New Public Grade Aquarium-
Last Post: G.Alexander
Posted On: 08-17-2018
Replies: 10
Views: 328
0 Switching to zeovit !!HELP
Last Post: G.Alexander
Posted On: 08-17-2018
Replies: 2
Views: 136
0 IM Lagoon 25 gallons - Is Zeovit right for me?
Last Post: chaturai
Posted On: 08-17-2018
Replies: 4
Views: 511
0 switching to zeo system possibly
Last Post: JMac
Posted On: 08-16-2018
Replies: 229
Views: 14,203
More...
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #31  
Old 01-18-2018, 09:45 PM
scybulski scybulski 目前離線
Almost a ZEOhead
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: United States
Posts: 105
Default Salt question

Never ever saw anything in the manual for not to use the red light. Fffffuuuuccccckkkk. Will shut it off for now... argh....

In regards to carbon. Look at picture below. Black reactor in front is the carbon.




Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 01-18-2018, 09:52 PM
scybulski scybulski 目前離線
Almost a ZEOhead
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: United States
Posts: 105
Default

Tomorrow when tank lights are on will send new tank pictures. However I did have sps. They are on the top rocks now (picture earlier of tank is from a few months ago).


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 01-18-2018, 10:18 PM
ohashimz ohashimz 目前線上
ZEOhead
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: USA
Posts: 441
Default

The cyano vs light thing is not in the manual. I think because its not relevant. Also the red light feed cyano thing is experience from ppl. But they do say in the manual it is not recomendes to run micro algae. If the zeovit system is running unls micro algae struggle and start dying off. Finally, when you use chatos you are suppose to cleant it often and trim off it and throw away often. My understanding of how chateoa work it eat po4 amd no3, u need to move part of it regulary to reduce the po4 no3 otherwise it stays in the sump inside the chateos. Moral of the story if you use refugium lile in triton system the goal is to grow algae so you remove the old away as its filled witg po4 no3....something around these lines.
My advice if you use a system commit to it without luch variation so you get the expected results. I do nit lile hybrid approachea cause when something goea wring u cannot really tell whats the cause
If you run carbon in reactor make sure you use half the recomended dose. Carbon take out many elemnta not only bad nutrient, in zeo systen given its unls aggresaive carbon will do bad not good.
Also not sure which carbon you use. If you can Use zeovit carbon or other. Use activated carbon.
Once system is dialed yoi can add more coral as you please.

Ps: sorry for the many typos amd writing off my phone lol
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 01-18-2018, 10:21 PM
ohashimz ohashimz 目前線上
ZEOhead
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: USA
Posts: 441
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by scybulski View Post
Hanna checker phosphorus URL = 20 ppm
Red Sea NO3 = 5
Red Sea potassium pro K = ran it twice and still looks purple and not blue...


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Wow as i expected your po4 is high. No3 if correct is not bad. I do not know what purple means for k. Is it 400?
Do you use gfo in the system? Am mot asling u to use ntw am jist asking if u do.
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 01-18-2018, 10:21 PM
scybulski scybulski 目前離線
Almost a ZEOhead
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: United States
Posts: 105
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohashimz View Post
The cyano vs light thing is not in the manual. I think because its not relevant. Also the red light feed cyano thing is experience from ppl. But they do say in the manual it is not recomendes to run micro algae. If the zeovit system is running unls micro algae struggle and start dying off. Finally, when you use chatos you are suppose to cleant it often and trim off it and throw away often. My understanding of how chateoa work it eat po4 amd no3, u need to move part of it regulary to reduce the po4 no3 otherwise it stays in the sump inside the chateos. Moral of the story if you use refugium lile in triton system the goal is to grow algae so you remove the old away as its filled witg po4 no3....something around these lines.
My advice if you use a system commit to it without luch variation so you get the expected results. I do nit lile hybrid approachea cause when something goea wring u cannot really tell whats the cause
If you run carbon in reactor make sure you use half the recomended dose. Carbon take out many elemnta not only bad nutrient, in zeo systen given its unls aggresaive carbon will do bad not good.
Also not sure which carbon you use. If you can Use zeovit carbon or other. Use activated carbon.
Once system is dialed yoi can add more coral as you please.

Ps: sorry for the many typos amd writing off my phone lol


K will replace the carbon this weekend also then. I am soaking the new stones right now. I might have used more carbon then I should have also... argh


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 01-18-2018, 10:24 PM
ohashimz ohashimz 目前線上
ZEOhead
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: USA
Posts: 441
Default

Once we bring po4 down gha will go away. So far ur system is not that out of wack except the po4 and thats what we will focus our efforts to.
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 01-18-2018, 10:25 PM
ohashimz ohashimz 目前線上
ZEOhead
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: USA
Posts: 441
Default

What carbon you use?
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 01-18-2018, 10:25 PM
scybulski scybulski 目前離線
Almost a ZEOhead
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: United States
Posts: 105
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohashimz View Post
Wow as i expected your po4 is high. No3 if correct is not bad. I do not know what purple means for k. Is it 400?

Do you use gfo in the system? Am mot asling u to use ntw am jist asking if u do.


Think k is reading high, not sure,

No gfo, I believe zeo said not to use it...


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 01-18-2018, 10:28 PM
ohashimz ohashimz 目前線上
ZEOhead
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: USA
Posts: 441
Default

Again am not asking u to use gfo...at least now now. Zeovit do not like gfo. Also bringing down po4 fast will shock the coral. Po4 will come down slowly if you follow the plan
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 01-18-2018, 10:29 PM
ohashimz ohashimz 目前線上
ZEOhead
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: USA
Posts: 441
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by scybulski View Post
Think k is reading high, not sure,

No gfo, I believe zeo said not to use it...


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
K+ Should be 400. If its above we wait for it to come down every water change. If its below 400 we dose k
Reply With Quote
  #41  
Old 01-18-2018, 10:29 PM
scybulski scybulski 目前離線
Almost a ZEOhead
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: United States
Posts: 105
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohashimz View Post
What carbon you use?


Active carbon. Not zeo brand..

https://premiumaquatics.com/products...pound-8lb.html




Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old 01-18-2018, 10:30 PM
scybulski scybulski 目前離線
Almost a ZEOhead
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: United States
Posts: 105
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohashimz View Post
What carbon you use?

https://premiumaquatics.com/products...pound-8lb.html





Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old 01-18-2018, 10:31 PM
scybulski scybulski 目前離線
Almost a ZEOhead
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: United States
Posts: 105
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohashimz View Post
What carbon you use?

https://premiumaquatics.com/products...pound-8lb.html



Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old 01-18-2018, 10:31 PM
ohashimz ohashimz 目前線上
ZEOhead
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: USA
Posts: 441
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by scybulski View Post
Active carbon. Not zeo brand..

https://premiumaquatics.com/products...pound-8lb.html




Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I do not have experience with this one. Seems ok.

One last thing. R u planing on sending triton icp test or u not intersted in this? Its up to u. Only advantage is to have a baseline of where your tank stand with all these elements that u cannot test for amd cross correlate against elements u can test for lile po4, ca,mag, k..etc
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old 01-18-2018, 10:33 PM
scybulski scybulski 目前離線
Almost a ZEOhead
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: United States
Posts: 105
Default Salt question

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohashimz View Post
K+ Should be 400. If its above we wait for it to come down every water change. If its below 400 we dose k


K I have not done a water change in a few weeks (think 3). Been messing with the dosing to see if alk, calc and mag got more aligned. Will be doing the water change this weekend like you said.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:10 AM.


Powered by: vBulletin Version 3.8.7, Copyright ©2000 - 2009, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright by ZeoVit.com