zeovit.com Korallenzucht  

Go Back   zeovit.com > General Discussion Forums - International > General Discussion - English

General Discussion - English General Marine Aquaria Discussion with and without ZEOVit.

Active Threads
0 Zeo-Testbecken
Last Post: jacky
Posted On: Today
Replies: 6
Views: 153
0 New Zeovit user in Ireland
Last Post: k_mac
Replies: 2
Views: 55
5 green algae outbreak
Last Post: Gnarkill
Replies: 38
Views: 947
0 changing to full zeo,need some advice and help
Replies: 25
Views: 489
0 New tank Elos 160 XL
Replies: 24
Views: 1,503
0 A restart
Last Post: G.Alexander
Replies: 177
Views: 16,423
0 100g SPS Tank
Last Post: G.Alexander
Replies: 95
Views: 7,040
0 Live & Refrigerated Foods - New $7.99 Flat Rate 2 day Air Shipping
Last Post: Premiumaq
Posted On: Yesterday
Replies: 0
Views: 29
0 Zeo Product Dosing
Last Post: scybulski
Replies: 2
Views: 139
0 New ZeoVit tank
Replies: 40
Views: 2,078
More...
Old 07-29-2018, 09:10 AM
Kproescher Kproescher 目前離線
ZEOhead in Training

I’m pretty happy. Colors are good, growth is good. Will Coral Snow benefit me? I have a bottle but have not used it yet also have zeofood.
Thank you.
Old 07-29-2018, 09:14 AM
ZEOhead in Training

Default With filter

Better examples
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	57CFA2B0-BEDC-4AE5-BB09-29B4D0FAFAB4.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	22.4 KB
ID:	21418   Click image for larger version

Name:	7288AD08-3BBA-44CB-9462-FF89F2207B7A.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	22.5 KB
ID:	21419   Click image for larger version

Name:	D746D422-0528-4D0E-B001-D591D22FF472.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	23.9 KB
ID:	21420  
Old 07-29-2018, 09:56 AM
jacky jacky 目前離線
ZEOhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kproescher View Post
Better examples
You may be able to understand their utility from the kz guide first. Snow: does not have ca mg, their molecules are very small. For organic matter, they are greatly reduced. They are removed by skimmer. The next day, the water is crystal clear, paying attention to the coral's response to light. Food7: Food for bacterial corals, excessive brown algae, if added Xtra usually reduces half the amount. Most Lps have a correct enough light source to supply growth. Supplementation in a malnourished environment is ideal. If the water is malnourished and the coral (sps) tissue is light and well grown, it can start with potassium, usually 380ppm. The coral on the far right of the picture can usually be used as a simple judgment of whether the light source is sufficient. A good light source can grow enough.
Old 07-29-2018, 10:32 AM
ZEOhead in Training

The coral on the right has grown 4x it’s size since zeo program. Color is good (better than the picture). The picture on the left the coral has creeped over by at least an inch. I feel growth is good and steady. I run 4 AI hydra 26’s. No algea problem to speak of, pretty high flow though with 2x gyres.
Thanks for the help
Old 07-29-2018, 10:40 AM
jacky jacky 目前離線
ZEOhead

Quote:
The coral on the right has grown 4x its size since zeo program. Color is good (better than the picture). The picture on the left the coral has creeped over by at least an inch. I feel growth is good and steady. I run 4 AI hydra 26s. No algea problem to speak of, pretty high flow though with 2x gyres.
Thanks for the help
It sounds pretty good!. Kz products have a can of Amino Acid LPS, which is also a good choice

In addition, sponge power can madly divide it (this is my little experience).

Just a thought, listen to Alexander's advice
Old 07-30-2018, 03:17 AM
G.Alexander G.Alexander 目前離線
ZEOadmin

You can use CoralSnow already, dose 6 ml 2 x weekly pure. If you do not have algae issues you can additional dose 6 drops ZeoFood 2 x weekly. You should not observe some kind of a brown film on glass / sand / rocks.

G.Alexander
Old 08-07-2018, 06:17 PM
ZEOhead in Training

Default Flatworms

I have flatworms! Just was delivered flatworm stop.....recommended dosage and will it hurt anything in my tank? Thanks
Old 08-08-2018, 12:47 AM
ZEOadmin

You can dose 1 ml / 25 US gallons daily for a minimum of a couple of month. If just one coral is affected it might be a good idea to remove it and dip it with the available dips and remove the eggs if there are any. Flatworm Stop is not a quick fix but it does work also very well for precaution. It does not have negative side effects but it can darken the corals tissue a little bit if overdosed.

G.Alexander
Old 08-08-2018, 07:48 AM
ZEOhead in Training

Unfortunately they are all over. I have siphoned them out and my green wrasse eats them but they keep coming back....seem to be on the rocks mostly.
They are little reddish flake-like creatures. If there’s anything else I can do please let me know. Thank you.
Old 08-09-2018, 01:05 AM
ZEOadmin

The product does not work for red flatworms, it just works for the ones which are attached to the Acropora corals eating their tissue, they are white transparent.

There are several products available to treat them but I can not recommend you any as I never used one of them. Maybe someone else can help with first hand experiences ?

G.Alexander
Old 08-09-2018, 02:00 AM
jacky jacky 目前離線
ZEOhead

Quote:
Unfortunately they are all over. I have siphoned them out and my green wrasse eats them but they keep coming back....seem to be on the rocks mostly.
They are little reddish flake-like creatures. If theres anything else I can do please let me know. Thank you.
For the "red flaky creature", is there a picture?
Old 08-09-2018, 03:09 AM
jacky jacky 目前離線
ZEOhead

Generally, small crustaceans have been poisoned at 600 PPM, and the crabs and small crabs can withstand up to 700 PPM, so that the total water body potassium ions exceed 1500 PPM, and the results of soaking for 30 minutes, the flat-shrimp shrimps and the small caterpillars are nearly dead. Generally, there are potassium ions in the cylinders with potassium ions of about 400~500PPM, and the dosage of 1kg/500L seawater (which can increase 1000PPM),

so that the total water body potassium ions can reach 1500PPM; if it is not in the potassium pot, it is recommended to take the medicine. Dosage 1.25kg/500L seawater, so that the total water body potassium ion reaches 1500PPM,

use a large bucket to dissolve the appropriate amount of KCl outside the cylinder, and then slowly add to the master cylinder, absolutely not to put the powdered KCl directly into the master cylinder, after the medicine is not Close the main cycle and the flow, the flow can help the dead flatworms blow out from the coral surface, let the corals soak for 30 minutes, and then try to extract all the seawater for new water after 30 minutes.

For safety reasons, you can repeat 3 times. After the drug is taken, the biological death will increase and then control.

Please pay special attention to the temperature of the new seawater and the temperature of the tank.

Please be especially cautious, there may be risks
Old 08-09-2018, 05:04 PM
ZEOhead in Training

jacky, I'm sorry but I do not know what you are saying: "generally small crustaceans have been poisoned at 600ppm" 6oo ppm of what? You need to be crystal clear on these threads as the wrong interpretation could lead to some bad outcomes...
I will post a picture tonight when I get off work.
Thanks
Old 08-09-2018, 07:21 PM
jacky jacky 目前離線
ZEOhead

Quote:
jacky, I'm sorry but I do not know what you are saying: "generally small crustaceans have been poisoned at 600ppm" 6oo ppm of what? You need to be crystal clear on these threads as the wrong interpretation could lead to some bad outcomes...
I will post a picture tonight when I get off work.
Thanks
Potassium tolerance differences
Small crustaceans generally does not tolerate more than 600ppm of potassium.

I have no experience, maybe others have a better way to deal with it.

High concentration of potassium chloride can remove insects. You can search for articles.

The other is Milbemycin Oxime

https://www.reefs.org/forums/topic45859.html

https://www.petcoach.co/article/reef...d-nudibranchs/
Old 08-09-2018, 08:04 PM
jacky jacky 目前離線
ZEOhead

This is some relevant information, you refer to it. Different types of pests have different types of disposal

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Milbemycin_oxime

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2UubUsZ2CSs

http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/sh...=bayer&page=17
Discussion on rc