zeovit.com Sewatec.de - Reef Supply International  

Go Back   zeovit.com > Picture Forums > Tank Gallery (All Languages)

Tank Gallery (All Languages) Please share your tank in general/building process etc.

Active Threads
0 hope to start new tank with zeovit
Last Post: G.Alexander
Posted On: Today
Replies: 4
Views: 106
0 200 gallon switch to Zeovit
Last Post: G.Alexander
Posted On: Today
Replies: 107
Views: 6,786
0 The Island Reef
Last Post: PmRg
Posted On: Yesterday
Replies: 159
Views: 28,764
0 100g SPS Tank
Last Post: AG Reefer
Posted On: 10-16-2018
Replies: 20
Views: 1,196
0 Kh plus
Last Post: G.Alexander
Posted On: 10-16-2018
Replies: 15
Views: 362
0 Clarisea Gen2 Automatic Filter Roller Unboxing
Last Post: Premiumaq
Posted On: 10-15-2018
Replies: 0
Views: 61
0 moving from aF back to Zoevit
Last Post: G.Alexander
Posted On: 10-15-2018
Replies: 21
Views: 1,348
0 Syds red sea 170
Last Post: jacky
Posted On: 10-14-2018
Replies: 9
Views: 273
0 A restart
Last Post: jacky
Posted On: 10-14-2018
Replies: 118
Views: 10,903
0 jacky Novice questions for improvement
Last Post: jacky
Posted On: 10-14-2018
Replies: 187
Views: 15,763
More...
  #46  
Old 08-03-2018, 06:28 AM
G.Alexander's Avatar
G.Alexander G.Alexander 目前離線
ZEOadmin
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 35,064
Default

Are the corals which you have in the system for a longer period showing good polyp expansion and growth ?.

G.Alexander
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #47  
Old 08-05-2018, 09:00 AM
blackizzz blackizzz 目前線上
ZEOhead
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Sweden
Posts: 302
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by G.Alexander View Post
Are the corals which you have in the system for a longer period showing good polyp expansion and growth ?.

G.Alexander
Yes polyp expansion is good, growth is good-ish, montipora has regrown tissue on tips (where dino damaged it) and has grown visibly at the base the last few days. Hystrix is looking good but not shown any huge growth lately. Acro is showing PE, but not exactly "extreme" PE. some growth is visible though.

LPS is looking good and growing pretty fast as well.
Reply With Quote
  #48  
Old 08-05-2018, 11:10 PM
G.Alexander's Avatar
G.Alexander G.Alexander 目前離線
ZEOadmin
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 35,064
Default

Thank you , that is basically a good sign. Can you please post the actual PO4 level (photometer or high sensitive test) and the NO3 level ?

G.Alexander
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #49  
Old 08-06-2018, 03:33 AM
blackizzz blackizzz 目前線上
ZEOhead
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Sweden
Posts: 302
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by G.Alexander View Post
Thank you , that is basically a good sign. Can you please post the actual PO4 level (photometer or high sensitive test) and the NO3 level ?

G.Alexander
PO4: 0.03-0.04 (hanna photometer, phosphorus)
NO3: 0.2 (salifert)

First time I've actually gotten a clear readout on NO3 in quite a while. And PO4 is slightly higher than the last time I tested.
Reply With Quote
  #50  
Old 08-07-2018, 12:09 AM
G.Alexander's Avatar
G.Alexander G.Alexander 目前離線
ZEOadmin
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 35,064
Default

Lets first try to decrease the PO4 level a slowly. Adjust your skimmer to skim more wet temporary and clean it every other day to export as much as possible. Vacuum the sand while each regular water change for some time.

For a 150 liter system I recommend to continue dosing as follows:

ZeoBac – 2 drops 2 x weekly
ZeoStart – 0.15 ml 2 x daily
SpongePower – 2 drops every other day
BioMate – 3 drops daily for 10 days

That should bring down the PO4 level and improve coloration of the corals, doing some additional water changes might also improve the situation.

Please also measure the flow of your ZeoVit reactor, should be ~ 150 liters per hour.

G.Alexander
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #51  
Old 08-07-2018, 10:28 AM
blackizzz blackizzz 目前線上
ZEOhead
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Sweden
Posts: 302
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by G.Alexander View Post
Lets first try to decrease the PO4 level a slowly. Adjust your skimmer to skim more wet temporary and clean it every other day to export as much as possible. Vacuum the sand while each regular water change for some time.

For a 150 liter system I recommend to continue dosing as follows:

ZeoBac 2 drops 2 x weekly
ZeoStart 0.15 ml 2 x daily
SpongePower 2 drops every other day
BioMate 3 drops daily for 10 days

That should bring down the PO4 level and improve coloration of the corals, doing some additional water changes might also improve the situation.

Please also measure the flow of your ZeoVit reactor, should be ~ 150 liters per hour.

G.Alexander
Thank you I will try the advised method, ordered some biomate and will start dosing that once I get it.

I'm still dosing an increased amount of ZeoStart, as a way of getting NO3 into the system (my dosage is 0.2ml instead of 0.15ml 2x per day). Should I decrease to 0.15ml? I'm not seeing any side effects of "overdosing".

Thanks G!
Reply With Quote
  #52  
Old 08-07-2018, 11:37 PM
G.Alexander's Avatar
G.Alexander G.Alexander 目前離線
ZEOadmin
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 35,064
Default

As long as you do not see any negative side effects you can keep the dosage of ZeoStart as it is but basically it is not necessary.

G.Alexander
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #53  
Old 08-08-2018, 01:40 AM
blackizzz blackizzz 目前線上
ZEOhead
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Sweden
Posts: 302
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by G.Alexander View Post
As long as you do not see any negative side effects you can keep the dosage of ZeoStart as it is but basically it is not necessary.



G.Alexander


Great, thank you! Ill keep the dosage as is until Im able to start dosing bio-mate
Reply With Quote
  #54  
Old 08-15-2018, 04:55 PM
blackizzz blackizzz 目前線上
ZEOhead
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Sweden
Posts: 302
Default

Been dosing bio-mate for 4 days, already seeing some positive effects! Sand bed is cleaner, and the browned out montipora is getting greener every day

Dosing as of now:

0.2ml ZS3 2x daily
2dr SP every other day
2dr ZBak 2x week
3dr bio-mate daily

Will do a little water change tomorrow and do some test to see the params.
Reply With Quote
  #55  
Old 08-22-2018, 05:10 AM
blackizzz blackizzz 目前線上
ZEOhead
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Sweden
Posts: 302
Default

Okay so 10 days of bio-mate dosing is done, coloration has improved and there's noticeably less detritus collecting, especially in the sand.

Tested my PO4 two days ago, and found that it hadn't really gone down so much, which was interesting to see. On saturday it's time to replace the Zeovit media, and then I'll measure the output of the reactor a little more accurately.
Reply With Quote
  #56  
Old 08-22-2018, 09:08 AM
jacky jacky 目前離線
ZEOhead
 
Join Date: May 2018
Location: Asia
Posts: 660
Default

Hello blackizzz, I am very happy to hear your latest good news, how much is po4?
Reply With Quote
  #57  
Old 08-22-2018, 01:30 PM
blackizzz blackizzz 目前線上
ZEOhead
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Sweden
Posts: 302
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacky View Post
Hello blackizzz, I am very happy to hear your latest good news, how much is po4?
Thank you Jacky

Tested it again, and it's somewhere around 0.02 (error range 0-0.04). So it's not high at all, but it's not gone down very much since the beginning of the bio-mate dosing
Reply With Quote
  #58  
Old 08-23-2018, 02:52 AM
G.Alexander's Avatar
G.Alexander G.Alexander 目前離線
ZEOadmin
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 35,064
Default

Difficult to say at those low concentrations as the photometer has tolerances also. The level you have at the moment is perfect.

G.Alexander
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #59  
Old 08-23-2018, 03:37 AM
blackizzz blackizzz 目前線上
ZEOhead
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Sweden
Posts: 302
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by G.Alexander View Post
Difficult to say at those low concentrations as the photometer has tolerances also. The level you have at the moment is perfect.

G.Alexander


Great, thanks for input! I will decrease the biomate dosing to 2x a week to start with then, and see if Po4 stays somewhat the same.
Reply With Quote
  #60  
Old 08-23-2018, 08:34 AM
jacky jacky 目前離線
ZEOhead
 
Join Date: May 2018
Location: Asia
Posts: 660
Default

Congratulations! Get into the kz to get tickets. I am happy with you, can you see the current picture of coral performance, can you share with me, happy
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 21 (0 members and 21 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:12 AM.


Powered by: vBulletin Version 3.8.7, Copyright ©2000 - 2009, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright by ZeoVit.com