zeovit.com Avast Marine Works  

Go Back   zeovit.com > General Discussion Forums - International > General Discussion - English

General Discussion - English General Marine Aquaria Discussion with and without ZEOVit.

Active Threads
0 What kind of algae is this and how do I get rid of it.
Last Post: Bugger
Posted On: Today
Replies: 3
Views: 29
0 High Phosphates on new Zeovit system!
Last Post: Lionfishes7
Replies: 10
Views: 241
0 Euphyllia and lps aminoacid
Last Post: Bugger
Replies: 6
Views: 123
0 jacky Novice questions for improvement
Last Post: jacky
Replies: 131
Views: 10,114
0 100g SPS Tank
Last Post: AG Reefer
Posted On: Yesterday
Replies: 4
Views: 198
0 25% OFF PE Mysis Pellets + New Glue from PolypLab
Last Post: Premiumaq
Posted On: Yesterday
Replies: 0
Views: 33
0 GIVEAWAY: Bashsea Smart Series Sump Review
Last Post: Premiumaq
Posted On: 09-20-2018
Replies: 1
Views: 286
0 200 gallon switch to Zeovit
Last Post: G.Alexander
Posted On: 09-20-2018
Replies: 67
Views: 3,827
0 Considering switching from FM to Zeo
Last Post: jacky
Posted On: 09-19-2018
Replies: 6
Views: 254
0 moving from aF back to Zoevit
Last Post: G.Alexander
Posted On: 09-19-2018
Replies: 16
Views: 537
More...
Old 09-05-2018, 04:04 PM
coralnewbie coralnewbie 目前離線
ZEOhead in Training

Default Neo Zeo

Hi guys,

I'm kinda considered a newbie in reefing. Just started with this for a year now.
I have a 29g tank with 10g sump. Been battling algae and all for the longest time. I decided to try zeovit for a few days now. What's going to be my dosage with zeofood? It stated that I need to use 2 mL per 250g daily. Sorry, Im not good with numbers. LOL. (I've been using 4 drops as well)

Anyone? Thanks.
Old 09-05-2018, 09:16 PM
Advayananda Advayananda 目前離線
ZEOhead in Training

Hi coralnewbie,

I'm new as well, and also have a small system- 50 gallons total. I think this is how you get there- 225040(your system gallons)=.32 ML daily. My dosage was .40 ML daily, so I ordered a box of 1 ML dosing syringes on amazon for like 8 bucks. You need to dose that in at least 2 different doses a day. Seems small, but my nitrates have continued to decrease = 2ppm with red sea test; phosphate = .16ppm with Hanna phosphorus ppb colormeter. Also, get the coral snow addative and cyanobac addative.
Old 09-06-2018, 01:48 AM
G.Alexander G.Alexander 目前離線
ZEOadmin

Hi coralnewbie

Please post some more details about your system:

http://zeovit.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14

Please also post a picture of the algae which are growing in your system or tell us which kind it is.

G.Alexander
Old 09-06-2018, 03:44 AM
jacky jacky 目前離線
ZEOhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by coralnewbie View Post
Hi guys,

I'm kinda considered a newbie in reefing. Just started with this for a year now.
I have a 29g tank with 10g sump. Been battling algae and all for the longest time. I decided to try zeovit for a few days now. What's going to be my dosage with zeofood? It stated that I need to use 2 mL per 250g daily. Sorry, Im not good with numbers. LOL. (I've been using 4 drops as well)

Anyone? Thanks.
As G. said, first give the tank detailed information, algae questions to provide a picture, food7 can temporarily stop adding, and stop other agents you are not sure will cause algae burning. Food7 needs to be used in combination with other syrups such as start3, which can be supplemented individually in the case of poor malnutrition.
Old 09-06-2018, 03:56 AM
jacky jacky 目前離線
ZEOhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Advayananda View Post
Hi coralnewbie,

I'm new as well, and also have a small system- 50 gallons total. I think this is how you get there- 225040(your system gallons)=.32 ML daily. My dosage was .40 ML daily, so I ordered a box of 1 ML dosing syringes on amazon for like 8 bucks. You need to dose that in at least 2 different doses a day. Seems small, but my nitrates have continued to decrease = 2ppm with red sea test; phosphate = .16ppm with Hanna phosphorus ppb colormeter. Also, get the coral snow addative and cyanobac addative.
Therefore, it is possible to measure the nutrient salt. The timing of the addition is not correct. Food7 is used in the old kz guide to start with the new tank. It needs to be combined with kz bac and kz start. Food7 Coral foods with certain amino acids work well in malnourished environments and are well replenished when coral tissue becomes lighter. Kz food7 is like a combination of start3 and AA.
Old 09-06-2018, 04:26 PM
ZEOhead in Training

Tell us about your tank.
Please give us answers to the following questions in order to get more accurate dosing recommendations.

1. Gross water volume of your complete system (incl. sump etc.) - 29g tank with 10g sump
2. Net water volume (incl. sump etc.) : 30g
3. Are you using a CaCO2 reactor or other technique: No
4. Are you using a PO4 reactor: No
5. Are you using Ozone: No, what's that?
6. Are you using UV: No
7. What skimmer are you using: Coralife biocube 29g skimmer
8. What are your actual PO4 and NO3 levels: Zero accdg to API test
9. What are your actual Ca, Alk and Mg levels: Never measure :{
10. What filtration method do you use: zeolite and carbon thingy
11. Type of light: AI HYDRA 52 non HD
12. What corals do you keep: SPS ( millipora, birdsnest, stylopora, miyagi tort), zoas and few LPS
13. Tissue color (light or dark): SPS beginning to get lighter after 5th day of dosing
14. How long has the tank been running: 1 year and 3 months
15. Why do you want to use the ZEOvit system: get rid of algae and improve coloration
16. Any supplemental dosing: I used acropower before but stopped when I started zeovit
17. Live rock: yes, 15-20 lbs i guess
18. Any present problems: algae and some SPS don't show PE
19. Problem description: no tissue loss.. just poor PE on some SPS and algae
20. What test kit do you use: API
21. Present dosing, amounts and intervals (ZEOvit, ZEObak, ZEOfood, ZEOstart, ZEOspur2, etc.) 4 drops of Zeovit, 4 drops of Zeobak and 4 drops of Zeofood (5th day of dosing)
22. Other water parameters and water stability: 1.25 pH, 78F temp
23. Which salt brand do you use: Reef crystals Reef salt (orange one)

With the algae, I used to have briopsis (fern like algae) but that kinda disappeared. Right now, it's just plain GHA and some green slimy stuff on the glass wall.

Hope that helps.. thanks a lot guys!
Old 09-06-2018, 11:44 PM
jacky jacky 目前離線
ZEOhead

The amount of water is about 90L. Let me try to answer you first. Is there a chance to get the salifert test kit? The basic water quality parameters are SG, kh ca mg no3 po4. Algae picture.
Old 09-07-2018, 02:40 AM
ZEOadmin

Thank you for the details, however I am not sure about your dosing regimen. For a net water volume of 30 US gallons I would recommend to dose as follows:

ZeoBac – 1 drop daily for 10 days than 2 x weekly
ZeoStart – 0.1 ml 2 x daily

Additional use 0.3 liters ZeoVit material in a reactor with a water flow of ~ 30 US gallons per hour. Replace the material every 6 – 8 weeks.

Also place 0.1 lilter activated carbon passively flown in the sump, the carbon is replaced every 4 weeks.

Keep the basic water parameters within the flowing ranges as stabile as possible:

KH 6.5 – 7.5
Ca 400 – 420 mg
Mg 1250 – 1300 mg
K+ ~ 380 mg

For a nutrient poor environment K+ (potassium) seems to be a important element. I would recommend you to get a test kit for this element also, posting your results.

ZeoFood can be used later once the system runs nutrient poor stabile.

Please also download and read the PDF guide, it does contain many important information ever if it is not 100% up to date:

http://www.korallen-zucht.de/files/z..._english-1.pdf

One thing does also makes me wonder, your thread name is NeoZeo but you use the components of ZeoVit (korallenzucht) ?

G.Alexander
Old 09-08-2018, 11:05 PM
ZEOhead in Training

Ok. thanks.
Just ordered the salifert test kit on amazon.
Ill keep you guys posted. thanks!
Old 09-10-2018, 03:33 AM
ZEOadmin

One thing does also makes me wonder, your thread name is NeoZeo but you use the components of ZeoVit (korallenzucht) ?

G.Alexander