zeovit.com Premium Aquatics  

Go Back   zeovit.com > General Discussion Forums - International > General Discussion - English

General Discussion - English General Marine Aquaria Discussion with and without ZEOVit.

Active Threads
0 Day 9 of 14 day Zeocycle
Last Post: Saluqui
Posted On: Today
Replies: 7
Views: 134
0 New ZeoVit tank
Last Post: jacky
Replies: 11
Views: 184
0 Zeovit - Werte permanent zu niedrig
Last Post: G.Alexander
Replies: 9
Views: 460
0 help with us please
Replies: 10
Views: 349
0 GIVEAWAY: NEW! ME Coral Frag Plugs
Last Post: Premiumaq
Posted On: Yesterday
Replies: 0
Views: 18
0 jacky Novice questions for improvement
Last Post: jacky
Replies: 224
Views: 20,390
0 40B Reef Journal
Replies: 9
Views: 208
0 Trying to lower Phosphate
Replies: 60
Views: 4,215
0 You Have Till Midnight- 12% OFF Veterans Day SALE
Last Post: Premiumaq
Posted On: 11-12-2018
Replies: 0
Views: 59
0 190g SPS tank in Taiwan
Last Post: blackizzz
Posted On: 11-12-2018
Replies: 76
Views: 16,481
More...

Old 09-14-2018, 03:37 AM
G.Alexander G.Alexander 目前離線
ZEOadmin

Dosing some Zeobac and ZeoStart is what I would do. Installing a small skimmer beside a pump would also be good.

G.Alexander
Old 09-14-2018, 04:11 AM
Alexfdl Alexfdl 目前離線
ZEOhead in Training

Perfect, I have everything I need including the small skimmer. with doses as I adjust? Considering that now there are about 60 liters of water, how much zeoback and how much zeostart dosing? How many days? Thank you for your valuable support Alexander
Old 09-15-2018, 01:17 AM
ZEOadmin

It depends to the water volume but a couple of drops ZeoStart and 1 drop ZeoBac daily should be fine. At the first day you can a more, similar to the initial dosage of the 14 day cycle. After about one week reduce ZeoBac to 2 x weekly.

G.Alexander
Old 10-30-2018, 04:51 AM
Alexfdl Alexfdl 目前離線
ZEOhead in Training

Hello, as I'm very late with the start of the new tank I was thinking of starting to dosing in the old tank to try to resume the corals and more adapt as the new conditions of the future tank. Do you think it's a good idea? The old tank is about 240 l net, who helps me to make a dosing table considering that it is a pool already started? Thank you so much for those who help me
Old 10-31-2018, 03:09 AM
ZEOadmin

Hello Alex, do you have a idea how much time will pass until you are able to move the animals ?

Basically it is a good idea to start on the old system already but it really depends to the time range to the move.

G.Alexander
Old 10-31-2018, 03:51 AM
Alexfdl Alexfdl 目前離線
ZEOhead in Training

Quote:
Originally Posted by G.Alexander View Post
Hello Alex, do you have a idea how much time will pass until you are able to move the animals ?

Basically it is a good idea to start on the old system already but it really depends to the time range to the move.

G.Alexander
Very right question .......I thought about this because it could be a period of a few months, since soon the temperatures do not help the work to be done, I thought to postpone everything to spring so I can be ready with everything organized well
Old 11-01-2018, 12:04 AM
ZEOadmin

Hello Alex, first start with the basics products to decrease nutrients:

1. Place 0.6 liter zeovit in a Zeo Reactor. Water flow around 240 liters per hour. Connect the reactor pump to a clock timer and run the reactor pump with a 3 hour on / 3 hour off / 3 hour on interval. Please make sure the zeolite is not exposed to air while the pump is switched off. Clean the material daily. Leave the zeolite 4 weeks in the filter until you do the first change out. This is the first changing interval, others could be lengthen to 6 8 weeks.

2. Place 0.25 liters activated carbon in a filter sock and keep it in a passive water flow in your sump, changed every 30 days. Knead the carbon daily to keep the surface clean. Most users get perfect results with korallenzucht carbon.

3. Dose 2 drops ZeoBac daily for the first 2 weeks, flowed by a 2 3 x weekly dosage of 2 drops. Dose 0.24 ml ZeoStart 2 x daily (morning & evening). Dose those in front of the Zeo reactor pump while it is switched on. If you already own SpongePower dose 2 drops every other day additional.

With the system it is not recommended to use a PO4 absorber. If you run a PO4 absorber I would recommend to remove 1/3 of the absorber when you start with zeovit, than reduce the rest over the next 6 8 weeks step by step to zero. If this is done keep a eye on the PO4 level which should not increase. UV is also not recommended.

Ty to keep the basic water parameters as stabile as possible close the NSW in the following ranges:

KH 6.5 7.5
Ca 400 420 mg
Mg 1250 1300 mg
K+ ~ 380 mg

For a nutrient poor environment K+ (potassium) seems to be a important element. I would recommend you to get a test kit for this element also.

This is a start-up dosage which might have to be adjusted later.

G.Alexander