zeovit.com Aquariumspeciality  

Go Back   zeovit.com > General Discussion Forums - International > General Discussion - English

General Discussion - English General Marine Aquaria Discussion with and without ZEOVit.

Active Threads
0 jacky Novice questions for improvement
Last Post: jacky
Posted On: Today
Replies: 53
Views: 2,313
0 Finally ready to start :)
Last Post: jackass
Replies: 69
Views: 3,746
0 New to zeo
Last Post: Invictoreef
Replies: 35
Views: 1,958
5 Ditch the chaeto?
Last Post: G.Alexander
Posted On: Yesterday
Replies: 5
Views: 125
0 switching to zeo system possibly
Replies: 76
Views: 2,483
0 New sps tank
Last Post: chrisevich
Replies: 194
Views: 10,338
0 Sale: Eheim, TLF, Salifert, Reef Brite, Aqua Genesis
Last Post: Premiumaq
Replies: 0
Views: 53
0 GIVEAWAY: Inland Frag Saw
Last Post: Premiumaq
Replies: 1
Views: 228
0 Considering switching to zeovit tank from redsea
Posted On: 05-18-2018
Replies: 10
Views: 285
0 needed color & health of this stag
Posted On: 05-18-2018
Replies: 2
Views: 236
More...
Old 04-10-2018, 06:17 PM
Minichou Minichou 目前線上
ZEOhead in Training

After dosing potassium to get my levels back up, my SPS corals do seem to be doing better. I also tested the K levels of my NSW and found them to be fairly low, so I’ve changed to a salt mix for my weekly 10% water changes. I think I can say that the issues was with trace elements, with K in particular. I’m considering dosing Red Sea’s Trace elements ABCD. Do you suspect using this with a Zeovit system will be an issue?
Old 04-11-2018, 01:55 AM
G.Alexander G.Alexander 目前離線
ZEOadmin

Can not really give you a advise for them as I am not familiar with their product line. Are those the same elements which where described over here ?

http://zeovit.com/forums/showthread.php?t=36960

G.Alexander
Old 04-11-2018, 02:18 AM
ohashimz ohashimz 目前線上
ZEOhead

I have used redsea programs including their color program. while their products worked relatively good with me when I was on their program, it did not work well with me in conjunction with zeovit.
I would advice if you want to get the full advantage of zeovit stick to their products. not only its proven that all elements and additive will work well together, it will also be easier for you when you need to debug a problem. if you mix products you will limit yourself to your experience only and will be hard to get useful advices from the community here since the hard core zeoheads use full zeovit...
just my 2 cents.
Old 04-11-2018, 10:45 AM
Minichou Minichou 目前線上
ZEOhead in Training

Thanks for sharing your experience. I read the following thread and felt hopeful of using the RS Trace elements with Zeo.
http://www.zeovit.com/forums/showthread.php?p=289190

Interesting that you switched over to ESV dosing. I recently did the same thing. A little too early for me to determine the impacts of this switch. However, since bumping up my K levels helped my tank, I’m now wondering if other trace elements are low as well. So I was thinking of raising a hand full of them with something like RS ABCD to see if further improvements are made. Testing all my trace elements would be preferred so I would know for sure, but that would require some sort of ICP-OES test which I find costly for a one time test.

I’m open to other suggestions.
Old 04-11-2018, 02:47 PM
ohashimz ohashimz 目前線上
ZEOhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minichou View Post
Thanks for sharing your experience. I read the following thread and felt hopeful of using the RS Trace elements with Zeo.
http://www.zeovit.com/forums/showthread.php?p=289190

Interesting that you switched over to ESV dosing. I recently did the same thing. A little too early for me to determine the impacts of this switch. However, since bumping up my K levels helped my tank, Im now wondering if other trace elements are low as well. So I was thinking of raising a hand full of them with something like RS ABCD to see if further improvements are made. Testing all my trace elements would be preferred so I would know for sure, but that would require some sort of ICP-OES test which I find costly for a one time test.

Im open to other suggestions.
But do not you think doing one time icp is still cheaper than switching to rs color system blindly?
My fear from such approaches is that:
There might be some elements overdose without you know it. There might be some elements that is included in the rs color and the zeovit which will cause double dosing. As an example, rs CA additive also have sr.
Another thing is rs color are designed to be dosed based on rs foundation element intake. So unless you have full rs program not sure how it will work.
What you doing is not wrong per say. Just move slowly and carefuly

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
Old 04-12-2018, 02:43 PM
Minichou Minichou 目前線上
ZEOhead in Training

Thanks for the advice. Although I feel that Zeovit additives has been a much more blinding experience for me. If not for G Alexander, this system would have been impossible to implement. For example, KZ K balance has the following dosing instruction - “1ml/100L/25 gallons per day”. I have no idea how much my K levels are elevated per dose, so when I test my K levels I don’t how much of the K balance will be required to get my K levels right. On the other hand, Red Sea’s similar product (Trace colors B for potassium) instructs the following - “1ml will raise the potassium level of 100 liters (25 gal) by 1.75ppm.” So with RS I can calculate how much I will need to get to my desired K levels. I’m grateful for this forum of people who are always available to help, but very frustrated by how KZ seems to make their products difficult to use and aren’t transparent about what is in their products.
Old 04-12-2018, 05:17 PM
ohashimz ohashimz 目前線上
ZEOhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minichou View Post
Thanks for the advice. Although I feel that Zeovit additives has been a much more blinding experience for me. If not for G Alexander, this system would have been impossible to implement. For example, KZ K balance has the following dosing instruction - 1ml/100L/25 gallons per day. I have no idea how much my K levels are elevated per dose, so when I test my K levels I dont how much of the K balance will be required to get my K levels right. On the other hand, Red Seas similar product (Trace colors B for potassium) instructs the following - 1ml will raise the potassium level of 100 liters (25 gal) by 1.75ppm. So with RS I can calculate how much I will need to get to my desired K levels. Im grateful for this forum of people who are always available to help, but very frustrated by how KZ seems to make their products difficult to use and arent transparent about what is in their products.
Lol yeh the challenge in zeovit is that you need to read your coral and observe coral reaction then adjust dosing.
But as I said, Red sea did not work for me so I switched to zeovit, there are pros and cons in every method that's for sure

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk