zeovit.com Korallenzucht  

Go Back   zeovit.com > General Discussion Forums - International > General Discussion - English

General Discussion - English General Marine Aquaria Discussion with and without ZEOVit.

Active Threads
0 jacky Novice questions for improvement
Last Post: jacky
Posted On: Today
Replies: 81
Views: 5,515
0 switching to zeo system possibly
Replies: 177
Views: 9,702
0 Algea issue
Last Post: zanclus
Replies: 7
Views: 179
0 A restart
Replies: 29
Views: 2,209
4 Brown Algae and Stagnant Coral Growth
Last Post: alexbendzick1
Replies: 28
Views: 940
0 New zeovit in France
Replies: 33
Views: 3,013
0 new 75 gallon tank
Last Post: G.Alexander
Posted On: Yesterday
Replies: 24
Views: 2,016
0 New zeo 100L tank
Posted On: Yesterday
Replies: 14
Views: 354
0 Considering switching to zeovit tank from redsea
Posted On: 07-12-2018
Replies: 35
Views: 2,336
10 New Zeo Build
Last Post: Zaven
Posted On: 07-11-2018
Replies: 5
Views: 249
More...

Old 05-17-2018, 08:06 PM
wdpark wdpark 目前離線
ZEOhead in Training

Default Considering switching to zeovit tank from redsea

Tell us about your tank.
Please give us answers to the following questions in order to get more accurate dosing recommendations.

1. Gross water volume of your complete system (incl. sump etc.) - US gallons 73G display + 18G sump so 91G
2. Net water volume (incl. sump etc.) - 73G based on the 20% rule, not sure otherwise
3. Are you using a CaCO2 reactor or other technique - Not sure what CaCo2 is but I am using red sea dosing for calc/alk
4. Are you using a PO4 reactor (how long, how long ago, etc.) - Currently using BRS gfo, will take offline when switching
5. Are you using Ozone - No
6. Are you using UV - No
7. What skimmer are you using (type, rated water volume) - Reef Octopus 202S rated for up to 265G
8. What are your actual PO4 and NO3 levels - NO3 1~2 on red sea test kit, PO4 spiked to .3 on hanna ULR due to RODI filter not being changed on time, it's getting lower gradually. Was normally around 0.05~0.1
9. What are your actual Ca, Alk and Mg levels - 435 Ca. 9.2 Alk, 1300 Mag
10. What filtration method do you use (refugium, DSB, Miracle Mud, etc.) - RedSea No3Po4x and GFO
11. Type of light (Watt, color temp, how old, etc.) - 2 Radion G4 15 pros, considering adding a 3rd or adding some T5 retrofits somewhere down the line
12. What corals do you keep - Currently it's a LPS/Softie dominated tank with a few acros. Trachy, bubble, cynarina, mushrooms, gorgonians, etc. Considering switching to mostly acropora when I make the switch to zeovit depending on feedback, since I am not sure how they will do in the new environment.
13. Tissue color (light or dark) - dark
14. How long has the tank been running - about 15~16 months
15. Why do you want to use the ZEOvit system - I love the sps coloration zeovit creates and want to do it myself. Also had a hard time keeping acro so I was hoping the low nutrient system setup by ZEOvit might be able to fix it.
16. Any supplemental dosing (type, amount, why, etc.) - red sea colors program for minor trace elements and their matching food system
17. Live rock (how much, how old, etc.) - about 70lbs of reef saver rock + bio spira bricks
18. Any present problems - high phosphates due to RODI filter change being missed but it's being worked on and being lowered now. Caused a few corals to darken instead of being bright. Had a history of having a hard time with acropora as well.
19. Problem description (tissue loss tips, tissue loss base, diatom bloom, algae, etc.) - Had acros die from the bottom by turning white. Also SPS seems to lose color in my tank.
20. What test kit do you use (how old, recently switched, etc.) Hanna ULR phosphate and ALK & Redsea test kits for other ones
21. Present dosing, amounts and intervals (ZEOvit, ZEObak, ZEOfood, ZEOstart, ZEOspur2, etc.) none yet, hoping to figure it out, also not sure what else to dose outside of the 4 things that come in the starter pack.
22. Other water parameters and water stability (salinity, temp, etc.) 35ppt salinity, 77~78 temp, 7.8~8.05 ph
23. Which salt brand do you use - red sea blue bucket.

I am basically trying to see if it will be safe to convert to zeovit with my current coral lists or if I should start over with a sps focus. Also looking for advice on what other additives to add or avoid considering there are so many. Thanks in advanced

I know there are a lot of questions. Please be as detailed (and honest) as possible and feel free to elaborate on anything else you think may be important.
Old 05-17-2018, 08:43 PM
jacky jacky 目前線上
Almost a ZEOhead

https://translate.googleusercontent....z3ROYZ_yz4GAYA

https://translate.googleusercontent....244b62e9549a1% 26t%3D10354&xid=17259,15700022,15700105,15700122,15700124,15700149,15700168,15700173,15700186,15700201&usg=ALkJrhhf3Jrf4CRDXrrU6gzX12bHEG6oIg

轉換系統我沒有經驗,記憶中是沸石3開3關,如果原本的系統年齡很久越需要時間來轉換,實際上要請教有經驗的專業者,抱歉 無法幫助你,不過可以先看一下上面的網址內容
Old 05-17-2018, 08:56 PM
jacky jacky 目前線上
Almost a ZEOhead

http://www.korallen-zucht.de/files/z..._english-1.pdf

範例 https://translate.googleusercontent....y-pUyRWyJQ2YRA ,實際用量請教G.Alexander
Old 05-17-2018, 09:59 PM
wdpark wdpark 目前離線
ZEOhead in Training

Yeah I read through most of the PDF but couldn't really decide on which of the list of additives were more vital or popular than the other. Was hoping to hear what other reefers used
Old 05-17-2018, 11:29 PM
G.Alexander G.Alexander 目前離線
ZEOadmin

Hi wdpark

You can find the corals you keep in nutrient poor reef areas which grows SPS corals also so it basically should be possible but you might start very slow with the basics like ZeoVit Material, Carbon, ZeoBac, ZeoStart and if you like to with SpoongePower and ZeoFood.

If you do the changes slow your corals should be doing fine. Over the time you can step by step replace the soft corals with a couple of SPS.

If you like to give it a try please let me know so I can post a dosing recommendation for your system.

Just the PO4 level is relative high already, do you have a idea where the PO4 is coming from ?

G.Alexander
Old 05-18-2018, 12:27 AM
wdpark wdpark 目前離線
ZEOhead in Training

It came when I forgot to check on the RODI filter and it started adding phosphates. It's under control now so it's going back down.

Anyway I want to maybe try dosing the additives for coral feeding and color/growth. I'm hesitant on the zeovit stones since I may have a hard time shaking the stones daily due to my schedule so I may try creating my own low nutrient environment and dosing KZ supplements to go with it. Is this possible?
Old 05-18-2018, 12:49 AM
jacky jacky 目前線上
Almost a ZEOhead

考慮第一階段ZEOvit方法的啟動。基本4用於平衡地減少營養素。隨著營養物質和儲量的消耗,珊瑚變得更亮,更輕,並且zeo的劑量變少。

進入第二階段[〜3-6莫斯],珊瑚繼續著色更多,營養物質變得更加疲憊。然而,在這個階段,如果停藥的時間超過幾天,營養又開始上升,珊瑚變得更暗。這是由於匯集儲備仍然可用。

階段3 [5-10個月]的特點是珊瑚的營養成分和顏色外觀穩定。如果zeo沒有多劑量投放,N03's / P04不會增加,珊瑚顏色保持快速。在這個階段,儲存的營養物質被耗盡,正如Bak / Food7 / Start使用的低量子食品所顯示的那樣,珊瑚顏色密集。

正規的系統是有步驟的,考慮第一階段ZEOvit方法的啟動。基本4用於平衡地減少營養素。隨著營養物質和儲量的消耗,珊瑚變得更亮,更輕,並且zeo的劑量變少。

進入第二階段[〜3-6莫斯],珊瑚繼續著色更多,營養物質變得更加疲憊。然而,在這個階段,如果停藥的時間超過幾天,營養又開始上升,珊瑚變得更暗。這是由於匯集儲備仍然可用。

階段3 [5-10個月]的特點是珊瑚的營養成分和顏色外觀穩定。如果zeo沒有多劑量投放,N03's / P04不會增加,珊瑚顏色保持快速。在這個階段,儲存的營養物質被耗盡,正如Bak / Food7 / Start使用的低量子食品所顯示的那樣,珊瑚顏色密集。

你的是轉移系統,試著按照G.的建議去做,緩慢降低np,投入發色藥水這通常在低營養鹽的建立之下會比較好
Old 05-18-2018, 03:20 AM
jacky jacky 目前線上
Almost a ZEOhead

I think that when you have the conditions to control the water quality, it is not a problem to use "some" individually under a system that is not a full kz. For example, feeding, bacteria I think should be separated, like someone who feeds kz-cv, Af power food , Red sea... and so on. But bacteria is not recommended for mixing together. In addition, I think kz-cv is a good coral food. Sps water quality requirements are more stringent, there are many ways to reduce the np, is not just use some of it, I can not give you a definite answer, because I have no experience, the above I know
Old 05-18-2018, 10:50 AM
jacky jacky 目前線上
Almost a ZEOhead

Editing error, sorry, chosen wrong language, really sorry everyone
Old 05-18-2018, 10:46 PM
wdpark wdpark 目前離線
ZEOhead in Training

So I think I will just go with the whole zeovit system. So I ordered the starter kit from BRS. I'm curious, what happens when a day gets missed for pumping or dosing bacteria? A day or two probably won't cause huge downfalls I'm sure, but will it have big negative repercussions?

Also after the initial change and setup, what additives should I get on top of it for a SPS heavy system?
Old 05-18-2018, 11:48 PM
ZEOadmin

Noting bad does happen if you miss once or twice dosing or cleaning the material. There are some automatic cleaning reactors out there which might be a good alternative for you later if your tank is running with the system successful. You might also try to get a dosing pump for ZeoStart (which can be diluted) to make sure it is dosed regular, all other additives can be dosed manually.

I would recommend you to start as follows:

First of all I would recommend to download the dosing guide from:

http://www.korallen-zucht.de/files/z..._english-1.pdf

It contains a lot of useful information and will be helpful to get a feeling for the dosage.

First start with the basics products to decrease nutrients:

1. Place 0.7 liter zeovit in a Zeo Reactor. Water flow around 73 US gallons per hour. Connect the reactor pump to a clock timer and run the reactor pump with a 3 hour on / 3 hour off / 3 hour on interval. Please make sure the zeolite is not exposed to air while the pump is switched off. Clean the material daily. Leave the zeolite 4 weeks in the filter until you do the first change out. This is the first changing interval, others could be lengthen to 6 – 8 weeks.

2. Place 0.25 liters activated carbon in a filter sock and keep it in a passive water flow in your sump, changed every 30 days. Knead the carbon daily to keep the surface clean. Most users get perfect results with korallenzucht carbon.

3. Dose 3 drops ZeoBac daily for the first 2 weeks, flowed by a 2 – 3 x weekly dosage of 3 drops. Dose 0.28 ml ZeoStart 2 x daily (morning & evening). Dose those in front of the Zeo reactor pump while it is switched on. ZeoFood can be used later if the system runs nutrient poor stabile.

Later on you could use the additional products for coral coloration. Adjust your skimmer to skim wet, keeping it clean to export as much as possible. Do a weekly water change of 5 – 10 % with a good salt.

With the system it is not recommended to use a PO4 absorber. I would recommend to remove 1/3 of the absorber if you start with zeovit, than reduce the rest over the next 6 – 8 weeks step by step to zero. If this is done keep a eye on the PO4 level which should not increase.

I am not familiar with the RedSea No3Po4x product you use but do not stop do dose it abrupt. It will be better to reduce the addition slowly step by step over a couple of weeks while starting with ZeoVit.

Try to keep the basic water parameters close the NSW in the following ranges:

KH 6.5 – 7.5
Ca 400 – 420 mg
Mg 1250 – 1300 mg
K+ ~ 380 mg

For a nutrient poor environment K+ (potassium) seems to be a important element. I would recommend you to get a test kit for this element especially for later if you keep SPS corals.

This is a start-up dosage which might have to be adjusted later.

G.Alexander
Old 05-23-2018, 06:10 PM
wdpark wdpark 目前離線
ZEOhead in Training

How long should I leave it in the 3 on 3 off state for? Also when should I start dosing zeofood or other coral foods such as amino?
Old 05-24-2018, 02:41 AM
ZEOadmin

Usually the reactor can be switched to continuous flow about 2 weeks after the first ZeoVit exchange if all corals are doing fine.

ZeoFood and other coral foods can be used later once the system is running nutrient poor stabile and corals start to get lighter tissue.

G.Alexander
Old 06-02-2018, 01:06 PM
wdpark wdpark 目前離線
ZEOhead in Training

So it's been up for about a week with the 3 on 3 off period and my nitrates are about .25 on the red sea kit. However my phosphates have gone back up to .4 after I took down my gfo media. Not sure what's causing the increase as the RO water is 0 on po4.

Should I add the GFO media again at lower amount?
Old 06-02-2018, 11:36 PM
ZEOadmin

Can you please measure the reactor flow by collecting the water from the water outlet for 30 seconds in a separate container. Than multiply its volume by 120 and you will get the exact output per hour.

G.Alexander