zeovit.com Sewatec.de - Reef Supply International  

Go Back   zeovit.com > General Discussion Forums - International > General Discussion - English

General Discussion - English General Marine Aquaria Discussion with and without ZEOVit.

Active Threads
0 Euphyllia and lps aminoacid
Last Post: Willow84
Posted On: Today
Replies: 0
Views: 6
0 High Phosphates on new Zeovit system!
Last Post: G.Alexander
Posted On: Yesterday
Replies: 9
Views: 193
0 100g SPS Tank
Replies: 3
Views: 130
0 GIVEAWAY: Bashsea Smart Series Sump Review
Last Post: Premiumaq
Replies: 1
Views: 194
0 200 gallon switch to Zeovit
Replies: 67
Views: 3,598
0 Considering switching from FM to Zeo
Last Post: jacky
Posted On: 09-19-2018
Replies: 6
Views: 209
0 moving from aF back to Zoevit
Replies: 16
Views: 456
0 Mein Zeobecken
Replies: 50
Views: 2,577
0 Sale & Clearance: Aquatrance, Sedra, & MORE!
Last Post: Premiumaq
Posted On: 09-18-2018
Replies: 0
Views: 55
0 The Island Reef
Last Post: PmRg
Posted On: 09-18-2018
Replies: 158
Views: 27,416
More...
Old 07-10-2018, 03:22 AM
jacky jacky 目前離線
ZEOhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by G.Alexander View Post
The videos are great, thank you. Most of your corals do look healthy in good condition just some could have a little bit more clear coloration for my taste.

Do they also grow at the base or just on the tips ?

As mention before your skimmer is very powerful for the system size so it might be a problem also as we have discussed before. Try to adjust the skimmer to skim as dry as possible.

Because of the recommendation to dose Iodine add for example 12 drops today, 0 drops tomorrow and 12 drops on day 3 again. Do this for one week or 10 days to see if you notice a improvement.

Additional I would try to do two 15 % water changes within a week to refresh elements in a balanced way.

Which kind of carbon do you use, how much and do you use it in any kind of a reactor or filter ?

G.Alexander

Thank you G. I will try my best to take the video and let you examine it. Most corals have good bottoms and sharp tips. I also noticed that the bottom tissue of the coral (green coral) gradually separated. (No insects, ca mg kh k sg is stable) I can't find the reason, it may be hungry (conjecture). I will adjust the skimmer. I will follow your instructions and carefully observe the changes in iodine to corals. I have been changing water 10% per week. I am not lazy. I will change the water 15 times a week according to your instructions. I placed it in a sump using kz activated carbon 100ml and changed it once in 30 days.
Old 07-10-2018, 05:14 AM
G.Alexander G.Alexander 目前離線
ZEOadmin

Just wanted to make sure my last post is clear.

I do recommend tow water changes each 15% within a week so for example change 15 % tomorrow and 15% three days later.

G.Alexander
Old 07-10-2018, 08:03 AM
jacky jacky 目前離線
ZEOhead

Quote:
Just wanted to make sure my last post is clear.

I do recommend tow water changes each 15% within a week so for example change 15 % tomorrow and 15% three days later.

G.Alexander
Ok, I will follow the advice you gave to change the water and refresh the balance. Right G. I found that it may be the relationship of start3. Skimmer has been skimmed the cleanest. The collection cup is not very dirty. The most obvious dirty state is the next day after I add AA, although the skimmer is too large but the power is not very high. This means that the water is quite clean. I think it is the relationship of start3. There will be bacteria in the tank due to the death of the bacteria produced by start3, which causes the skimmer to play something, and the white cotton is not dirty and is quickly blocked. So I adjusted the amount of start3 to 0.2ml early/night 0.4ml. Kz activated carbon I use 100ml for sump. My 600L water is small, so it may not be the main cause of light coral tissue. You gave me a good suggestion. No matter what the factor, we can change the balance of water, my understanding. I read the kz guide about the symptoms of excessive iodine. I will observe and inform you in due course, thank you G. (An idea Is the tissue lighter (cream color) Can I use iodine to darken the tissue? And repair the tissue? I want to learn. I don't have to bother you anymore.
Old 07-10-2018, 12:16 PM
Craig the plumber Craig the plumber 目前線上
ZEOhead in Training

Why not set the skimmer up on a timer so it is off for a few hours a day? I do this and usually dose certain things whilst skimmer is off to make them available to the coral for longer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 07-10-2018, 01:14 PM
jacky jacky 目前離線
ZEOhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig the plumber View Post
Why not set the skimmer up on a timer so it is off for a few hours a day? I do this and usually dose certain things whilst skimmer is off to make them available to the coral for longer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good job, timer, this is good advice. It is a good idea to temporarily turn off skimmer before feeding. I didn't think of it, thank you for reminding me. What I think of is the dissolved oxygen ph. Is the difference in these few minutes? And the subsequent skimmer open closed and the damage to the equipment. Thank you very much for your help, I will try to do it. Thank you very much. Actually...skimmer can't get dirty, I wonder if it will be the relationship of start3, because the filter cotton is blocked. Above are dead bacterial membranes. It may not be described as good. I will post the video as soon as possible. Explanation, thank you.
Old 07-15-2018, 09:45 AM
jacky jacky 目前離線
ZEOhead

https://youtu.be/NxY97CqmrIg

2018/07/18 Today's state, are there any suggestions, thank you
Old 07-15-2018, 01:33 PM
jacky jacky 目前離線
ZEOhead

https://youtu.be/k0PcconXIZU

Another jazz music video
Old 07-16-2018, 02:29 AM
ZEOadmin

Most of the corals looking really good, have you already checked the ones which are not coloring up having light tissue for acropora tissue eating flatworms ?

Also which kind of shrimp is this in the first video exactly ?

G.Alexander
Old 07-16-2018, 07:57 AM
jacky jacky 目前離線
ZEOhead

Quote:
Most of the corals looking really good, have you already checked the ones which are not coloring up having light tissue for acropora tissue eating flatworms ?

Also which kind of shrimp is this in the first video exactly ?

G.Alexander

Thank you G. I can take the time to reply in the busy schedule, thank you very much. There is only saron marmoratus in the tank. Whenever I am new to coral, I must quarantine. I use RX. Your observation is very good. I also have doubts about the non-coloring corals. The green coral on the right side of the blue I thought it was a symbiotic crab at first, no! It is a crab that harms corals. It eats corals (I have removed it about 2 months ago) and is currently observing whether it grows well. Corals exhibit good PE tissue coating. The other rightmost coral. It was originally semi-brown with a bit of green. It has been pale. It is a little better now. I have been very curious about what color it is. The green coral above is the way it is now. It has been light yellow. The color is still satisfactory. However, it seems that there is no good coating at the bottom. I am worried that there is a need to cut off the whitened parts. Sitting down the corner, the coral was originally dark brown. Now it has red with a bit of green. The tissue is white and brown. I made sure it has no insects. When I added iodine, I found it very easy to brown. Relatively yellowish and green. Yes, G. Do you know the scientific name of coral? Let me better describe it (coral). Can you give me advice? Thank you.
Old 07-16-2018, 08:22 AM
jacky jacky 目前離線
ZEOhead

In the tank are Acropora microclados, Acropora sp, Acropora nana, Montipora capricornis, Acropora gomezi, Acropora milliepora, Acropora nana, Montipora capricornis, Seriatopora hystrix, Pocillopora damicornis, Acropora caroliniana, presumably these others are waiting for me to check the information.
Old 07-16-2018, 08:36 AM
jacky jacky 目前離線
ZEOhead

Also want to ask you a question, I found that corals are a single color. I can't bring out the green color in the tissue, for example: Acropora microclados (Strawberry Shortcake Acropora), I know that the low nutrient salt of the tank and the light caused, one idea is that I need to add kz eisen? I don't have algae problems.

For example: A.valida Coral is currently performing well. It has three colors, blue, white and green, but green does not seem to be eye-catching. That's fine. I don't know if the performance is good or not, but it should be green and eye-catching. It is the healthiest and beautiful performance. I know that everyone likes it differently. I like the performance like kz pictures. Trouble G. Guide me forward kz, thank you.

Last edited by jacky; 07-16-2018 at 08:49 AM.
Old 07-17-2018, 03:31 AM
ZEOadmin

There are publications saying this kind of shrimp is not reef save so it might be better to remove it. The Strawberry Shortcake Acropora (microlados) is coming from Australia and I found it really difficult to keep its color. From my experience it can take a lot of time until the corals does start to grown and improving coloration. It does need a lot of flow and light.

To improve green you can try to add a couple of drops iron (1 drops / 25 US gallons) 2 x weekly. This should improve green after some time.

G.Alexander
Old 08-22-2018, 11:49 AM
jacky jacky 目前離線
ZEOhead

Little update, can G.Alexander give me any advice, thank you

https://youtu.be/jtXM_5GZcAI
Old 08-22-2018, 05:38 PM
Carrico Carrico 目前線上
ZEOhead in Training

Jacky, I'm not G. Alexander , but I'd like to give you a suggestion . I only saw one fish in the reef, I believe that if you add some more, the colors of your corals will improve a lot, at least that's what I observed in my reef.
But your corals are beautiful, I also really enjoyed your aquascape!
Old 08-22-2018, 06:40 PM
jacky jacky 目前離線
ZEOhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carrico View Post
Jacky, I'm not G. Alexander , but I'd like to give you a suggestion . I only saw one fish in the reef, I believe that if you add some more, the colors of your corals will improve a lot, at least that's what I observed in my reef.
But your corals are beautiful, I also really enjoyed your aquascape!
Thank you for your help, fish Clownfish x 2, P. squamipinnis x 2, Green Mandarin x 1, can you suggest me a fish suitable for sps tank, thank you