zeovit.com Avast Marine Works  

Go Back   zeovit.com > General Discussion Forums - International > General Discussion - English

General Discussion - English General Marine Aquaria Discussion with and without ZEOVit.

Active Threads
0 Trying to lower Phosphate
Last Post: Scribe
Posted On: Today
Replies: 62
Views: 4,320
0 Phosphate
Last Post: scybulski
Posted On: Today
Replies: 88
Views: 2,616
0 190g SPS tank in Taiwan
Last Post: Sakisdraminos
Posted On: Today
Replies: 77
Views: 16,597
0 help with us please
Last Post: sam1980
Posted On: Today
Replies: 11
Views: 433
0 100g SPS Tank
Last Post: jacky
Posted On: Today
Replies: 78
Views: 4,671
0 Zeovit - Werte permanent zu niedrig
Last Post: JC1300
Posted On: Today
Replies: 10
Views: 554
0 jacky Novice questions for improvement
Last Post: jacky
Posted On: Today
Replies: 227
Views: 20,964
0 Day 9 of 14 day Zeocycle
Last Post: G.Alexander
Posted On: Today
Replies: 9
Views: 211
0 GIVEAWAY: Reef Brite Lumi Lite PRO & XHO LED Light Strip
Last Post: Premiumaq
Posted On: Yesterday
Replies: 1
Views: 121
0 200 gallon switch to Zeovit
Last Post: kosiarek84
Posted On: Yesterday
Replies: 176
Views: 12,239
More...
  #151  
Old 07-09-2018, 10:56 AM
jacky jacky ثeu
ZEOhead
 
Join Date: May 2018
Location: Asia
Posts: 886
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMac View Post
I have had this coral for 5 years, my water is relatively stable except for potassium that I cant get higher than 300-320 because of the zeolites.
SG 1.025 KH 7.8-8.0 Ca 450 NH3 0 NO3 0 NO2 0 PO4 0.02 Mg 1280 K 330 P 7
I just finished reading all your lines, wait for me, wait a moment to reply to you.
Reply With Quote
  #152  
Old 07-09-2018, 11:50 AM
jacky jacky ثeu
ZEOhead
 
Join Date: May 2018
Location: Asia
Posts: 886
Default

First of all, sorry, I don't have the experience of led, it may be caused by direct led light. "Water", "light", "water flow", "balance system". It doesn't matter, let's get into the subject, because I can't understand if your method of operation is correct, then it doesn't matter. The first step is to replace some of the high quality live rock in the sump and clean all the dirty dust and adjust the skimmer more. Second, keep the water quality stable. The np part does not need to pay attention to it for the time being. For the third time, take the activated carbon and zeolite out of all the adsorbents, and control the feeding to control all the nutrient inputs you think. Fourth, check your filtration system and water flow. Fifth According to Alexander's suggestion He is God with a very deep experience, the sixth maintenance observation record. Sixth Let the system balance itself back. When the water quality is right and stabilizes it (kh ca mg), I don't think any corals like this environment. For the time being, I might as well return to the beginning. My method is very simple and rough. I replaced the high-quality live rock, maintained and stable. I believe that the system will restore the balance by itself. When the party is too much or too little, it is also expressed in corals and algae. This is a closed tank, not as powerful as the sea. Finally, I listened to Alexander's suggestion, he is great!
Reply With Quote
  #153  
Old 07-09-2018, 02:22 PM
JMac JMac ثeuW
Almost a ZEOhead
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: London ON Canada
Posts: 148
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by G.Alexander View Post
You might decrease the KH a little bit to 7.5 keeping it as stabile as possible.

Have you already checked the K+ level of your salt mix ?

Dosing coloration elements does depend to the coloration of corals so basically if SPS corals tissue has become lighter already showing good growth you can add a couple of those elements additional but lets first bring up the K+ level as this has a impact also.

G.Alexander
I checked K+ in the salt mix & at 34ppt it came out to 400, the batch analysis from Red Sea says 386. I believe its the zeolites absorbing it. I will reduce zeolites down to 1 litre from 1.2 if you think that can be done without a problem.
would the carbon have anything to do with low K+?
Reply With Quote
  #154  
Old 07-09-2018, 08:24 PM
jacky jacky ثeu
ZEOhead
 
Join Date: May 2018
Location: Asia
Posts: 886
Default

Activated carbon is not directly related to potassium, regardless of the amount and flow of zeolite, mainly measuring the potassium consumption of tank.
Reply With Quote
  #155  
Old 07-10-2018, 04:07 AM
G.Alexander's Avatar
G.Alexander G.Alexander ثeu
ZEOadmin
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 35,177
Default

I personally never have observed that the ZeoVit material has removed potassium usually a low concentration in the salt mix, a not accurate test kit result or a overrated needle wheel skimmer is the reason for a lower concentration. Some publications do also say that some kind of bacteria do consume some potassium bit I have personally not observed this on my own reef.

Do you still use the marine pure filtration material additional ?

G.Alexander
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #156  
Old 07-10-2018, 07:13 AM
JMac JMac ثeuW
Almost a ZEOhead
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: London ON Canada
Posts: 148
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by G.Alexander View Post
I personally never have observed that the ZeoVit material has removed potassium usually a low concentration in the salt mix, a not accurate test kit result or a overrated needle wheel skimmer is the reason for a lower concentration. Some publications do also say that some kind of bacteria do consume some potassium bit I have personally not observed this on my own reef.

Do you still use the marine pure filtration material additional ?

G.Alexander
no I removed the Marine Pure when I first started this at your recommendation. I have four different K+ test kits (Salifert) & they all give the same result (330). I add reagent drops until there is a DRAMATIC (according to the instructions)change in the colour of the test sample. the sample does start to show a washed out light coloured blue around 10-11 drops but there is no dramatic change in colour until I hit 18-19 drops. at that point 1 drop takes it from washed out very very light blue to a definite prominate blue as instructions state.
Reply With Quote
  #157  
Old 07-10-2018, 08:02 AM
JMac JMac ثeuW
Almost a ZEOhead
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: London ON Canada
Posts: 148
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by G.Alexander View Post
I personally never have observed that the ZeoVit material has removed potassium usually a low concentration in the salt mix, a not accurate test kit result or a overrated needle wheel skimmer is the reason for a lower concentration. Some publications do also say that some kind of bacteria do consume some potassium bit I have personally not observed this on my own reef.

Do you still use the marine pure filtration material additional ?

G.Alexander
do you think reducing the amount of zeolites from 1.2 to 1 will have a negative effect ? I have also read that some theories believe zeolites or bacteria consume the potassium in a zeo system
Reply With Quote
  #158  
Old 07-10-2018, 09:20 AM
jacky jacky ثeu
ZEOhead
 
Join Date: May 2018
Location: Asia
Posts: 886
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMac View Post
no I removed the Marine Pure when I first started this at your recommendation. I have four different K+ test kits (Salifert) & they all give the same result (330). I add reagent drops until there is a DRAMATIC (according to the instructions)change in the colour of the test sample. the sample does start to show a washed out light coloured blue around 10-11 drops but there is no dramatic change in colour until I hit 18-19 drops. at that point 1 drop takes it from washed out very very light blue to a definite prominate blue as instructions state.
This is really weird. Potassium test I use salifert&red sea to test the difference is not too much. The result is the same. Do you have a chance to test the cross-check of seawater and sea salt? I think the reaction you mentioned at 10 11 drops should be the correct potassium value. It may be a good idea to test whether sea salt is also within the standard of sea salt. Sea salt with word of mouth Usually the elements are not too far from the mark, so it is very likely that it is artificially discriminating.

Another idea. If k+ you test 320, then you can routinely change the water cycle (with word of mouth sea salt), and then measure the k+ of the tank, you can judge the clarification.
Reply With Quote
  #159  
Old 07-10-2018, 09:33 AM
jacky jacky ثeu
ZEOhead
 
Join Date: May 2018
Location: Asia
Posts: 886
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacky View Post
This is really weird. Potassium test I use salifert&red sea to test the difference is not too much. The result is the same. Do you have a chance to test the cross-check of seawater and sea salt? I think the reaction you mentioned at 10 11 drops should be the correct potassium value. It may be a good idea to test whether sea salt is also within the standard of sea salt. Sea salt with word of mouth Usually the elements are not too far from the mark, so it is very likely that it is artificially discriminating.

Another idea. If k+ you test 320, then you can routinely change the water cycle (with word of mouth sea salt), and then measure the k+ of the tank, you can judge the clarification.

Another idea is to take 1 liter of tank water and add 0.191 gram of KCL. It is usually increased by 100ppm k+. If tank k+ is 320, then 320+100=420ppm. Then see if the test method is about 420, then change color. The color discrimination is the benchmark.
Reply With Quote
  #160  
Old 07-10-2018, 11:13 AM
JMac JMac ثeuW
Almost a ZEOhead
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: London ON Canada
Posts: 148
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacky View Post
Another idea is to take 1 liter of tank water and add 0.191 gram of KCL. It is usually increased by 100ppm k+. If tank k+ is 320, then 320+100=420ppm. Then see if the test method is about 420, then change color. The color discrimination is the benchmark.
I have checked fresh saltwater mix & it reads 400
Reply With Quote
  #161  
Old 07-10-2018, 09:50 PM
jacky jacky ثeu
ZEOhead
 
Join Date: May 2018
Location: Asia
Posts: 886
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMac View Post
I have checked fresh saltwater mix & it reads 400
So are you bubble KCL? Experimental level KCL? How to add? How much? Add 1 liter of water for your test k+400, add 0.076g KCL, and measure once. Tell me how many k+
Reply With Quote
  #162  
Old 07-10-2018, 10:14 PM
JMac JMac ثeuW
Almost a ZEOhead
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: London ON Canada
Posts: 148
Default

what is KCL? Potassium Chloride? I don’t have any & don’t know where to get it
Reply With Quote
  #163  
Old 07-10-2018, 11:20 PM
jacky jacky ثeu
ZEOhead
 
Join Date: May 2018
Location: Asia
Posts: 886
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMac View Post
what is KCL? Potassium Chloride? I dont have any & dont know where to get it
Sorry, I will be wrong. Then kb may not be enough, try K + Strong.
Reply With Quote
  #164  
Old 07-11-2018, 04:17 AM
G.Alexander's Avatar
G.Alexander G.Alexander ثeu
ZEOadmin
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 35,177
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMac View Post
do you think reducing the amount of zeolites from 1.2 to 1 will have a negative effect ? I have also read that some theories believe zeolites or bacteria consume the potassium in a zeo system
Basically you can give it a try but keep a close eye on the PO4 and NO3 level, both should not increase. A dosing change is not necessary while doing this.

G.Alexander
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #165  
Old 07-11-2018, 08:15 AM
JMac JMac ثeuW
Almost a ZEOhead
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: London ON Canada
Posts: 148
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by G.Alexander View Post
Basically you can give it a try but keep a close eye on the PO4 and NO3 level, both should not increase. A dosing change is not necessary while doing this.

G.Alexander
thank you, I measured NO3 again yesterday & it has been undetectable with Nyos & Hanna Checker. P is at 3ppb with Hanna ULR & PO3 undetectable with Hanna Phosphate Checker & Nyos kit. NO3 has been undetectable for 6 weeks now. Is this what I want?
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 4 (0 members and 4 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:08 PM.


Powered by: vBulletin Version 3.8.7, Copyright ©2000 - 2009, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright by ZeoVit.com