zeovit.com EcoTech Marine LLC  

Go Back   zeovit.com > General Discussion Forums - International > General Discussion - English

General Discussion - English General Marine Aquaria Discussion with and without ZEOVit.

Active Threads
0 help with us please
Last Post: sam1980
Posted On: Today
Replies: 9
Views: 313
0 Day 9 of 14 day Zeocycle
Last Post: Saluqui
Replies: 4
Views: 97
0 New ZeoVit tank
Last Post: jacky
Replies: 7
Views: 116
0 jacky Novice questions for improvement
Last Post: jacky
Replies: 224
Views: 20,235
0 40B Reef Journal
Last Post: G.Alexander
Replies: 9
Views: 186
0 Trying to lower Phosphate
Last Post: G.Alexander
Replies: 60
Views: 4,056
0 You Have Till Midnight- 12% OFF Veterans Day SALE
Last Post: Premiumaq
Posted On: Yesterday
Replies: 0
Views: 35
0 190g SPS tank in Taiwan
Last Post: blackizzz
Replies: 76
Views: 16,423
0 new 75 gallon tank
Last Post: esco
Replies: 44
Views: 4,776
0 Zeovit - Werte permanent zu niedrig
Last Post: JC1300
Replies: 6
Views: 390
More...
Old 04-25-2018, 04:37 PM
JMac JMac ثeuW
Almost a ZEOhead

Default switching to zeo system possibly

ok here I posted again as something strange happened to the original post, dont know where it went to

tank specs

1. Gross water volume of your complete system (incl. sump etc.) 150 g
2. Net water volume (incl. sump etc.) 130 g
3. Are you using a CaCO2 reactor or other technique NO
4. Are you using a PO4 reactor (how long, how long ago, etc.) yes 4 yrs Rowaphos changed out every 6-8 weeks
5. Are you using Ozone No
6. Are you using UV No
7. What skimmer are you using (type, rated water volume) Reef Octopus Classic 150. INT
8.What are your actual PO4 and NO3 levels PO4: 0.03 / NO3: 10
9. What are your actual Ca, Alk and Mg levels / CA 430 Mg 1350 dKH 8.3
10. What filtration method do you use (refugium, DSB, Miracle Mud, etc.) live rock in DT & Sump, Marinepure 8x8x4 block
11. Type of light (Watt, color temp, how old, etc.) Maxspect Razor LED 300 watt
12. What corals do you keep Softies LPS/SPS
13. Tissue color (light or dark) / softies no problem but I am unable to keep LPS or SPS they always end up losing tissue & dying after 3-4 months, have spent countless $ on them over the 4 yrs with the same result...DEAD
14. How long has the tank been running / 4yrs
15. Why do you want to use the ZEOvit system Stunning Corals SPS & LPS, coloration
16. Any supplemental dosing (type, amount, why, etc.) Vibrant 10 ml/wk, coral snow, Cal Alk on a daily basis with a doser to maintain
17. Live rock (how much, how old, etc.) 75 lbs total DT/Sump
18. Any present problems cannot get nitrates lower than 10ppm, very slow growing corals
19. Problem description (tissue loss tips, tissue loss base, diatom bloom, algae, etc.) / tissue loss in SPS LPS Bleaching
20. What test kit do you use Salifert & Hanna
21. Present dosing, amounts and intervals (ZEOvit, ZEObak, ZEOfood, ZEOstart, ZEOspur2, etc.) Vibrant 10 ml/once per week
22. Other water parameters and water stability 78-79 degrees, PH 7.8-8.0 dKH 8-8.3 Amonia 0, Nitrate 0, Salt 1.025, 10% weekly water changes, 2 Clowns 1 yellow tang 1 foxface, no algae problems to speak of

23. Which salt brand do you use Red Sea Pro
Old 04-25-2018, 04:56 PM
Bugger Bugger ثeuW
ZEOdabbler

What blue bottles do you already have.
I would get everything if you can afford it.
There are many problem solvers

Your using vibrant and you still have nitrate problems?
What are you feeding these fish?

your problem is the Rowa phos you use and the fact that bacteria need both to convert nitrate and phosphate it nitrogen gas

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nitrogen_cycle

0.03 is still high for a zeovit tank for phosphate. I would take out about half of the phosphate remover and let the tank stabilize.
Instead of iron based GFO we use coral snow plus

Did your tank cycle before adding the fish

Those Marine pure 8x8x4” block add Aluminum to the tank
Old 04-25-2018, 04:58 PM
blackizzz blackizzz ثeuW
ZEOhead

Welcome to Zeovit!

Just a few thoughts off the top of my head:

Red sea Coral Pro isn't optimal for the Zeovit system, because of the elevated levels of KH/Ca/Mg, you will be better off using a salt that's closer to NSW of 6.5-7.5KH/420Ca/1300Mg. Some people use the "normal" red sea blue bucket with good results, same goes with instant ocean and KZ's RBRS/RBS salt.

Marinepure has been found to leach aluminium with the Zeovit system, so if I were you I'd remove it.

I'd also gradually remove the rowaphos, as phosphate removers shouldn't be used with the zeovit system.

Concerning your "inability" to keep LPS/SPS: I'd suggest sending in an IPC test to ATI/Triton/etc... to see if you can figure out where the problem lies.
Old 04-25-2018, 05:32 PM
JMac JMac ثeuW
Almost a ZEOhead

I had thought of the triton test as far as cycling goes the tank has been running almost 5 yrs now so yes it cycled befor I added any fish.
Old 04-25-2018, 05:50 PM
Bugger Bugger ثeuW
ZEOdabbler

Oh ok maybe its just old tank syndrum and you need to do an overhaul
Old 04-25-2018, 05:54 PM
ohashimz ohashimz ثeu
ZEOhead

its not clear from your post what are you dosing other than the vibrant.
do you dose zeolite, zb,zs,sp..etc
give us details of your dosing, reactor flow.
Old 04-25-2018, 06:44 PM
JMac JMac ثeuW
Almost a ZEOhead

vibrant & coral snow, zeobak is all at this time along with Cal Alk. I wouldn’t know what to start with as this is not a new system it would be a changeover. as far as old tank syndrome I thought that so I changed out my rock 5lbs at a time with Marco Base Rock 50-60 lbs worth after seeding new rock separately for 2-3 mths
Old 04-25-2018, 06:49 PM
ohashimz ohashimz ثeu
ZEOhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMac View Post
vibrant & coral snow, zeobak is all at this time along with Cal Alk. I wouldnt know what to start with as this is not a new system it would be a changeover. as far as old tank syndrome I thought that so I changed out my rock 5lbs at a time with Marco Base Rock 50-60 lbs worth after seeding new rock separately for 2-3 mths
I am still confused what you have now.
please clearly explain:
if you are using zeolites, how much, whats the reactor flow
if you are using ZB, how much and how often
if you are using ZF, how much and how often
if you are using SP, how much and how often
if you did 14 days cycle with zeovit
if you are using Carbon...active or passive
without details, we cannot give suggestions.
also avoid following every single advice you see on forums especially when your details are not known, first step to solve a problem is identify it.
Old 04-25-2018, 07:09 PM
JMac JMac ثeuW
Almost a ZEOhead

sorry to be confusing, I haven’t got into the zeo system as yet. I use zeobak 5 drops twice weekly & Vibrant 10ml once per week, 4ml Coral Snow & that’s it
Old 04-25-2018, 07:15 PM
Bugger Bugger ثeuW
ZEOdabbler

Do you ever clean the gravel I mean sand. Is there detritus in the sand bed.
Do you ever do Triton testing after 4 years your water is probaly messed up.
Have you thought about doing big water changes
what water do you normally change have you already tried
Old 04-25-2018, 07:16 PM
ohashimz ohashimz ثeu
ZEOhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMac View Post
sorry to be confusing, I havent got into the zeo system as yet. I use zeobak 5 drops twice weekly & Vibrant 10ml once per week, 4ml Coral Snow & thats it
ok now better,
using ZB alone will not give you the balance you want to shoot for. furthermore, products like vibrant that are advertised as a silver bullet one fits all solution are usually problematics on the long run and your system is one example of that.
my advice is to "if you up to it" to commit to Zeovit and slowly achieve the UNLS system via Zeovit, in my opinion it will be better long term success.
if that's what you are looking for we can help you and put a plan together for your system. to go this route you will need to follow the program and slowly adjust your parameters and avoid experimenting too much or following every single advice you have through forums.
I have seen many advices given as blanket statements. while some proposed solution might have worked for a user system, it is not guarantee it will work the same on your system. zeovit is observation system and end up forcing you to dose based on your specific system demand.
if that is something you are interested in let us know and we will put a comprehensive plan for you.
if you plan is to still mix and match, I will differ your case to someone else as I do not like mixing solutions or giving random experiments.
Old 04-25-2018, 07:17 PM
ohashimz ohashimz ثeu
ZEOhead

also, some pictures of your system (display tank and sump) will be helpful to us better understand your system
Old 04-25-2018, 07:37 PM
JMac JMac ثeuW
Almost a ZEOhead

I used to do larger (25g) water changes once a week but in the end it did nothing for phosphate or nitrate levels but it sure went thru salt, so on the advice of LFS I changed to 10g every two weeks & have been doing that for 6 mths or more. I vacuum the sand when I do the water changes to get rid of excess detritus. this has been 4yrs of fighting PO4 NO3 levels without success, that’s why I’m inquiring about zeo system. I guess the best bet would be triton water test & go from there maybe. I don’t believe I overfeed, 1/2 cube of mysis or brine alternating once a day, fish have no problem consuming it in 1-2 minutes. Once a week I feed the foxface & tang a small strip of seaweed & it’s gone in 15-30 seconds.
Old 04-25-2018, 07:44 PM
JMac JMac ثeuW
Almost a ZEOhead

I haven’t decided as yet about committing 100% but I am headed in that direction, I have zeolites on the way. I will get u some pics of DT & sump & see where I go from there, I am tired of pouring money into this as much as I love the beauty of corals without seeing results
Old 04-25-2018, 07:44 PM
Bugger Bugger ثeuW
ZEOdabbler

I used to have algae issues in my tank tried everything. I had one fox face and three damsels. I got rid of the foxface and switched over my tank to a new tank never had a problem since