zeovit.com EcoTech Marine LLC  

Go Back   zeovit.com > General Discussion Forums - International > General Discussion - English

General Discussion - English General Marine Aquaria Discussion with and without ZEOVit.

Active Threads
0 High Phosphates on new Zeovit system!
Last Post: jacky
Posted On: Today
Replies: 8
Views: 148
0 GIVEAWAY: Bashsea Smart Series Sump Review
Last Post: Premiumaq
Replies: 1
Views: 163
0 100g SPS Tank
Last Post: AG Reefer
Replies: 2
Views: 53
0 200 gallon switch to Zeovit
Last Post: G.Alexander
Replies: 67
Views: 3,477
0 Considering switching from FM to Zeo
Last Post: jacky
Posted On: Yesterday
Replies: 6
Views: 188
0 moving from aF back to Zoevit
Replies: 16
Views: 391
0 Mein Zeobecken
Replies: 50
Views: 2,489
0 Sale & Clearance: Aquatrance, Sedra, & MORE!
Last Post: Premiumaq
Posted On: 09-18-2018
Replies: 0
Views: 39
0 The Island Reef
Last Post: PmRg
Replies: 158
Views: 27,304
1 New Tank. Zeovit dosing recommendations
Last Post: decena
Replies: 59
Views: 2,861
More...
Old 07-10-2018, 12:32 PM
Zaven Zaven 目前離線
ZEOhead in Training

Talking New Zeo Build

Hi Everyone,

I am really excited to finally get the ball rolling on my first ZEO tank. I am genuinely excited to be part of the community.

Sadly I do not want to use live rock from any store, I had ran into really bad issues with my last tank because of it.

The big question I have is that I will be running the 14 day cycling method minus adding any livestock during that time. I was wondering if anyone had tried using brightwell aquatics microbacter7, Red sea mature pro kit, or Dr Tims to help speed up the cycle? Potentially using one of these products simultaneously while I am running the zeovit cycle.

If i was to potentially cycle the rock in the tank for a month using either of the products I had mentioned above then begin the 14 day cycle?

Or would it be best to just start with zeo the moment the tank is up and running and just let it cycle the good old fashioned way?

1. Gross water volume of your complete system (incl. sump etc.) - US gallons / UK gallons / liter 140 US Gallons
2. Net water volume (incl. sump etc.) - US gallons / UK gallons / liter Haven't filled the tank yet I am assuming around 110-120 US Gallons (I will correct this once i fill the tank)
3. Are you using a CaCO2 reactor or other technique Doser - AquaMaxx cTech T-1 Calcium Reactor
4. Are you using a PO4 reactor (how long, how long ago, etc.) NO
5. Are you using Ozone NO
6. Are you using UV NO
7. What skimmer are you using (type, rated water volume) Reef Octopus REGAL 200EXT 8" RECIRCULATING PROTEIN SKIMMER (VARIOS) Rated up to 175 gallons on a well stocked tank
8. What are your actual PO4 and NO3 levels N.A
9. What are your actual Ca, Alk and Mg levels N.A
10. What filtration method do you use (refugium, DSB, Miracle Mud, etc.) Avast marine vibe, no sand bed
11. Type of light (Watt, color temp, how old, etc.) 2 Ecotech Radion Gen 4 Pros, with a 4 bulb t5 hybrid unit with all ati blue + bulbs, used only for a month.
12. What corals do you keep sps
13. Tissue color (light or dark) N/A
14. How long has the tank been running. Tank is not up yet, it will be up this weekend.
15. Why do you want to use the ZEOvit system I love the way the corals look, I love the blue bottles
16. Any supplemental dosing (type, amount, why, etc.) NO
17. Live rock (how much, how old, etc.) Dry rock 100 Lbs
18. Any present problems No
19. Problem description (tissue loss tips, tissue loss base, diatom bloom, algae, etc.) None Yet
20. What test kit do you use (how old, recently switched, etc.) Red sea Calcium, Red sea nitrate phosphate etc, Hannah Alkalinity, and Salifert Magnesium checker they are about a month old.
21. Present dosing, amounts and intervals (ZEOvit, ZEObak, ZEOfood, ZEOstart, ZEOspur2, etc.) None yet, I have the entire product line
22. Other water parameters and water stability (salinity, temp, etc.) salinity 0.025 temp 25c
23. Which salt brand do you use Tropic Marin

Thank you everyone, I will be uploading photos of the tank in the next few days.
Old 07-10-2018, 01:28 PM
jacky jacky 目前離線
ZEOhead

Hello, welcome to this. I have just joined, I am a rookie. I don't think the system strains should be mixed. If there is a problem, I can clarify what is the factor. I don't know if it is...&%# or...*%&..."@, the feeding part can be. Then you can start from kz zeolite kz Activated carbon bak start3 sponge power basic combination began to build, also water quality KH 6.5 - 7.5
Ca 400 - 420 mg
Mg 1250 - 1300 mg
K + ~380 mg

There is a basic message (FAQ) on the webpage. You can read it first. You can understand the direction and operation. Nice to meet you.
Old 07-10-2018, 06:08 PM
Zaven Zaven 目前離線
ZEOhead in Training

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacky View Post
Hello, welcome to this. I have just joined, I am a rookie. I don't think the system strains should be mixed. If there is a problem, I can clarify what is the factor. I don't know if it is...&%# or...*%&..."@, the feeding part can be. Then you can start from kz zeolite kz Activated carbon bak start3 sponge power basic combination began to build, also water quality KH 6.5 - 7.5
Ca 400 - 420 mg
Mg 1250 - 1300 mg
K + ~380 mg

There is a basic message (FAQ) on the webpage. You can read it first. You can understand the direction and operation. Nice to meet you.
Nice to meet you too Jacky,

Thank you for the advice!

Sounds good i think best bet is just to stick with the 14 day start and just keep on with the cycle.

The salt mix I use usually keeps around those levels. I will start the cycle up hopefully this week and post up some pictures so you all can see.

Thank you again for all the help,

Zaven
Old 07-10-2018, 08:37 PM
jacky jacky 目前離線
ZEOhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaven View Post
Nice to meet you too Jacky,

Thank you for the advice!

Sounds good i think best bet is just to stick with the 14 day start and just keep on with the cycle.

The salt mix I use usually keeps around those levels. I will start the cycle up hopefully this week and post up some pictures so you all can see.

Thank you again for all the help,

Zaven
You are welcome, 14 days is a good choice, using some live rock will be more helpful. As for the amount of zeolite flow, G. will give you advice and guidelines.
Old 07-11-2018, 03:15 AM
G.Alexander G.Alexander 目前離線
ZEOadmin

Hi Zaven

Basically the 14 day cycle method is the same with or without live rock. If you use dry rock the cycle will take much more time, this can last up to a couple of month before you are able to add more delicate corals.

I expect you had issues in the past with live rock because of critters / algae etc. but just keep in mind that can happen later also while adding corals with traveling critters on the coral itself or on the base rock.

Anyways I would cycle the system with the 14 day cycle method giving it enough time to build up the biological processes. To speed up this process add some hand full of sand from your old system and mix it with the fresh sand. Rinse it before in some tank water.

Here you can find a good step by step guide for the cycle:

http://zeovit.com/forums/showpost.ph...60&postcount=7

G.Alexander
Old 07-11-2018, 02:53 PM
Zaven Zaven 目前離線
ZEOhead in Training

Quote:
Originally Posted by G.Alexander View Post
Hi Zaven

Basically the 14 day cycle method is the same with or without live rock. If you use dry rock the cycle will take much more time, this can last up to a couple of month before you are able to add more delicate corals.

I expect you had issues in the past with live rock because of critters / algae etc. but just keep in mind that can happen later also while adding corals with traveling critters on the coral itself or on the base rock.

Anyways I would cycle the system with the 14 day cycle method giving it enough time to build up the biological processes. To speed up this process add some hand full of sand from your old system and mix it with the fresh sand. Rinse it before in some tank water.

Here you can find a good step by step guide for the cycle:

http://zeovit.com/forums/showpost.ph...60&postcount=7

G.Alexander
Hello G,

Nice to officially e-meet you, I have been reading up on a lot of content that you had posted.

I believe that if it takes a couple of months to add sensitive coral I should be alright waiting it out.

Yes you are absolutely right I did run into an issue with live rock many times in the past. It seems like theres always some sort of hitchhiker that has caused me issues which is another major reason why I did not want to seed the rock from my last build into this one.

I will definitely get started with the cycle hopefully in the next few days and pass on some more information.

An honor to speak with you G. thank you again for your advice!

Tags
start, starting