zeovit.com EcoTech Marine LLC  

Go Back   zeovit.com > General Discussion Forums - International > General Discussion - English

General Discussion - English General Marine Aquaria Discussion with and without ZEOVit.

Active Threads
0 Help starting ZEOvit on an established tank
Last Post: Minichou
Posted On: Yesterday
Replies: 60
Views: 2,888
0 A.li's zeovit thread
Last Post: ___a.li___
Replies: 20
Views: 1,850
0 New to Zeovit
Last Post: Mallard
Replies: 3
Views: 114
0 Selbstreinigender Zeolithfilter
Last Post: Spooner
Replies: 16
Views: 1,582
0 *HELP* CB Overdose!
Last Post: maLx
Replies: 12
Views: 305
0 Advices for futur zeovit system
Last Post: zweebe
Replies: 0
Views: 30
0 Skimmer pumps failed need advice
Last Post: Johnsons reef
Views: 27
0 Korallenzucht XMAS Deal 2017! 20% OFF on Korallenzucht.
Last Post: sewatec
Views: 28
0 Starting Zeovit on a new tank and need some help.
Last Post: Lisavet2000
Replies: 47
Views: 2,456
0 What is this algae and how to get rid of
Last Post: Keith Behrle
Replies: 58
Views: 3,361
More...

Old 09-26-2017, 04:36 AM
FraysReef FraysReef 目前線上
ZEOhead in Training

@G.Alexander I love this system today first sign of few diatoms my Tang has gone crazy settled right in I think he loves all the space. I have fragged my monti from the SPS tank, 3 specimens in the new tank interesting this morning all colours seem to pop more.
Old 10-02-2017, 11:16 AM
FraysReef FraysReef 目前線上
ZEOhead in Training

Quick update for those viewing, heading towards week 4 system has: clownfish pair, Yellow tang, Longnose hawkfish, 8snails, plating montipora, neon seritapora, Hammer coral, Trachyphyllia and Pineapple Brain Corals.
All corals doing well SPS high in the tank starting to open after 24hours I've fragged the monti alot, they are recovering in the 20Gallon
The high flow in the tank is causing some sand issues which is frustrating.
Old 10-02-2017, 03:58 PM
berlin-riff berlin-riff 目前線上

Good luck Looks Good
Old 10-05-2017, 08:58 AM
FraysReef FraysReef 目前線上
ZEOhead in Training

Just over 3 weeks in damn the diatoms have gone crazy, skimmer still only pulling cloudy water got it set low to stop it messing the salinity. Currently dosing: .4ml zeostart 2x daily, 4 drops zeobak + 4 drops Spower 2x weekly have missed 1 day as the algae had gone crazy. Some browning on the SPS expected this though.
0.02 PO4
6ppm NO3

Think I'm going to do a 25% WC and siphon out some of the diatoms as its covering the whole sandbed, any ideas on changes of the supplements give me some info thnx
Old 10-05-2017, 11:42 PM
G.Alexander G.Alexander 目前離線
ZEOadmin

Where the rocks you have used dry rock ?

Do the diatoms disappear over the night growing back quick when the light are switched on again or are they there while the night also ?

G.Alexander
Old 10-06-2017, 03:49 AM
FraysReef FraysReef 目前線上
ZEOhead in Training

They were live rock it arrived early so I think they had lots more die off cos I couldn't keep them totally soaked!
I vac'd all the diatoms and scrubbed the rocks, did a total of 15% water change. They die back slowly at night couldn't say exactly because there was so much, maybe cyano but it was extremely easy to clean off had some on the power heads which I got rid of in the WC. I've ordered a new brute and I'm going to check silicates in my RODI only thing I can think of.
Old 10-06-2017, 08:13 AM
FraysReef FraysReef 目前線上
ZEOhead in Training

Addition to the above post: I currently only run 1 kessil 360W on the main display as the other is on my SPS growout tank which I will move across. No diatoms at all not even growth on the glass on the side with no light, the lit side is the area with less flow though so I am making life harder for myself but the corals are already fixed.
Old 10-06-2017, 11:47 PM
ZEOadmin

If they still grow back please post a good picture of the stuff.

G.Alexander
Old 10-13-2017, 12:09 PM
FraysReef FraysReef 目前線上
ZEOhead in Training

Peninsula update nearly 5weeks old now.
Current stock: 1xYellow Tang, 1xemperor Angelfish, 1x clownfish pair, 1x Longnose hawkfish, 1xSeritapora, 1xRed plating montipora, 1xblastomussa, 1xeuphyllia
Some browning from the nitrate problem at the beginning getting this under control now, the diatom issue is getting better now the skimmer has settled in more. All other parameters are perfect will be moving all Sps into the main aquariums shortly after; a 10% water change, new carbon, 4week zeolite change. I will proceed with the standard dosing from now on.
Old 10-13-2017, 01:06 PM
PeterBedford PeterBedford 目前離線
ZEOhead in Training

Hi FraysReef,
I just started my cycle this morning.
I got Reefer XL425 and I used same amount of ZEO as you (adviced by G.Alexander).
Do you shake/pump up" your reactor once or twice daily or none?

Regards
Peter
Old 10-13-2017, 11:37 PM
ZEOadmin

Not sure how many corals you plan to move but I would recommend to do this step by step over a week or so and not all at once. If these are just a couple it will be fine to move them at once.

G.Alexander

Quote:
Originally Posted by FraysReef View Post
Peninsula update nearly 5weeks old now.
Current stock: 1xYellow Tang, 1xemperor Angelfish, 1x clownfish pair, 1x Longnose hawkfish, 1xSeritapora, 1xRed plating montipora, 1xblastomussa, 1xeuphyllia
Some browning from the nitrate problem at the beginning getting this under control now, the diatom issue is getting better now the skimmer has settled in more. All other parameters are perfect will be moving all Sps into the main aquariums shortly after; a 10% water change, new carbon, 4week zeolite change. I will proceed with the standard dosing from now on.
Old 10-14-2017, 05:02 AM
FraysReef FraysReef 目前線上
ZEOhead in Training

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterBedford View Post
Hi FraysReef,
I just started my cycle this morning.
I got Reefer XL425 and I used same amount of ZEO as you (adviced by G.Alexander).
Do you shake/pump up" your reactor once or twice daily or none?

Regards
Peter
Hi there nice to meet you, my routine is as follows; I add 0.5ml Zeostart make a coffee come back and pump 15 times, try to make sure you do it vigorously I rotate the internal canister so it all settles to make sure it stays under the water level when the reactor is off, then add my seaweed for the fish while lights off. When I come back from work in the evening I do all maintenance glass cleaning, check all corals, add supplements as required, hand feed my clownfish and enjoy.
Old 10-14-2017, 03:13 PM
PeterBedford PeterBedford 目前離線
ZEOhead in Training

Thanks for reply Frays.
Its my second day of cycle so I got a rake today and tomorrow of dosing. then I'm gonna start again. As you after cycle, how do you realy know if a cycle is end. as after 14 days a part of a cycle end, but not full cycle. And did you add first 2 fish and CUC on day 10?
Thanks
Old 10-19-2017, 04:41 AM
FraysReef FraysReef 目前線上
ZEOhead in Training

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterBedford View Post
Thanks for reply Frays.
Its my second day of cycle so I got a rake today and tomorrow of dosing. then I'm gonna start again. As you after cycle, how do you realy know if a cycle is end. as after 14 days a part of a cycle end, but not full cycle. And did you add first 2 fish and CUC on day 10?
Thanks
So I may have not been doing it correctly but I was checking every day Ammonia and Nitrite I watched the spike and the fall of both, day 12 they both fell off. I have a mated pair of clowns which are extremely hardy so on day14 I put them straight in. Just keep an eye on your levels and trust the method.
Old 10-19-2017, 04:54 AM
FraysReef FraysReef 目前線上
ZEOhead in Training

Ecosystem update: Approaching end of week 6 the battle of nitrate is still continuing this is obviously due to the rock I used no problem though. I will announce today 1 week ago I added the prize Emperor angelfish, it is doing amazing feeding on anything I put in and is getting on with every fish well it even plays in the waves at night I will try and catch it on video. The angel has decimated 1 of my LPS but that was expected I am going to put my large anemone in soon hopefully the clowns will protect it well. SPS doing better less browning nitrate going down slowly.
Maintenance update: Week 4 I changed lots of the water out to control the nitrate, zeolite + carbon have been replaced, skimmer working well, new salt has arrived will be using reefers best from now on.

Tags
deltec, kessil, peninsula, setup, vertex