zeovit.com AquaIllumination  

Go Back   zeovit.com > General Discussion Forums - International > General Discussion - English

General Discussion - English General Marine Aquaria Discussion with and without ZEOVit.

Active Threads
0 Zeo Light -> Zeovit wechsel
Last Post: Peter.
Posted On: Today
Replies: 26
Views: 505
0 System Re-Start with Zeovit
Last Post: bmwm235i
Replies: 23
Views: 877
0 Help Needed
Last Post: Simcard74
Replies: 12
Views: 441
0 Chaeto Reactors compared to Algae Scrubbers
Last Post: Clavius
Replies: 4
Views: 127
0 The journey starts 12.09.17
Last Post: FraysReef
Replies: 15
Views: 410
0 New guy here looking for help
Last Post: G.Alexander
Replies: 37
Views: 1,479
0 New sps tank
Replies: 29
Views: 641
0 Happy to see algae?
Replies: 1
Views: 48
10 My new "Texas 210 Gallon"
Replies: 6
Views: 173
0 50+ products on Sale & Clearance
Last Post: Premiumaq
Posted On: Yesterday
Replies: 0
Views: 20
More...

Old 05-15-2017, 04:36 AM
G.Alexander G.Alexander 目前離線
ZEOadmin

Store K-Balance at a dry dark place with normal room temperature but basically I think storing it in the fridge will not have something to do with the low concentration. Have you already checked K+ of fresh mixed saltwater to make sure the salt you use has a adequate concentration ?

If the level does not increase you can dose K-Balance more often but allow a minimum dosing break of 2 hours between the additions and do not dose more than 1 ml / 25 us gallons for each dosage.

G.Alexander
Old 05-16-2017, 01:28 AM
Kavatica80 Kavatica80 目前離線
ZEOhead in Training

I did test my salt , sadly it reads couple drops lower and is looking like I'll have to switch salts. Also I tested tonight it looked like I was getting a rise but I ran out of drops, waiting on my new kits this week.

Would reef crystals be a salt I could use that's what my lfs uses and it read good in potassium but I do not know how everything else measures out.
Old 05-18-2017, 12:20 AM
ZEOadmin

Sorry I have never used reefcrystal but i fit has a adequate K+ level and if all the other parameters are fine if might be worth a try. Many over here do use redsea, tropicmarine or reefrsbest.

G.Alexander
Old 05-19-2017, 10:34 PM
ZEOhead in Training

Quote:
Originally Posted by G.Alexander View Post
Sorry I have never used reefcrystal but i fit has a adequate K+ level and if all the other parameters are fine if might be worth a try. Many over here do use redsea, tropicmarine or reefrsbest.

G.Alexander
So I tested with my new salifert kit and it's still at 310, so I made a new bach of salt and I even turned over the salt in the bucket mixed it up real good and it was really low I hit 280 I just stopped.

However I did read on here what allot of people use and I went ahead and orderd Red Sea blue bucket and will arrive soon.

I'm still having a little bubble slime algae not near as bad and sand has less diatom going on , I've been taking a cup of sand out every other day as well.
But thanks again Alexander I'll continue this regiment until you think I should start doing something else.

Thanks again
Old 05-19-2017, 11:50 PM
ZEOadmin

Then you for the update, lets see how the tank is doing in the next couple of weeks. To support the process to increase K+ lets do some more water changes as usual, 15% 3 times within 10 days might be a good idea.

G.Alexander
Old 06-06-2017, 01:21 PM
ZEOhead in Training

Ok so I had a hick up cause I went on vacation and my brother was watching over my tank for a week I only had him dosing zeo start and pumping reactor as far as the zeo but goes. But my nitrates were really high. I'm thinking he must have over fed.
So I did a 45gallon wc and retested all parameters all look good except my nitrates still showing a little high so might do another wc maybe this weekend if not needed sooner.
But Ian dosing things still as you recommended cause everything was looking good till I went on vacation, unless you think I should try something else.

Thanks
Old 06-07-2017, 02:21 AM
ZEOadmin

The NO3 level should come down over the time, you can try to dose some addition ZeoBac for example every other day for the next 2 weeks.

G.Alexander
Old 06-22-2017, 01:55 PM
ZEOhead in Training

Quote:
The NO3 level should come down over the time, you can try to dose some addition ZeoBac for example every other day for the next 2 weeks.

G.Alexander
So I've waited a few weeks to see if I could get the No3 down but had no luck I did a couple water changes last couple days and got it down to 5 was seeing like 40ppm I'm still dosing like you told me to also my phosphates climed up to .13 last I checked on 6-12-17. Could this be maybe the reactor flow not set right? Any help?

Thanks
Old 06-23-2017, 03:41 AM
ZEOadmin

It can have something to do with the reactor flow, please measure it by collecting the water from the reactor outlet for 30 seconds with a separate container. Than multiply the volume by 120 and you will get the exact output per hour.

G.Alexander
Old 06-23-2017, 10:40 PM
ZEOhead in Training

Quote:
It can have something to do with the reactor flow, please measure it by collecting the water from the reactor outlet for 30 seconds with a separate container. Than multiply the volume by 120 and you will get the exact output per hour.

G.Alexander
Thanks G, I checked the flow it was way to slow so I turned the valve all the way open and was collecting around 600lph from a chart I looked up on a site about flow control on zeovit reactor so I turned it down just a little I think I messed it up when my parameters were good so I'll run it like this and touch base with you on things to come. Thanks again
Old 07-05-2017, 03:21 PM
ZEOhead in Training

Quote:

G.Alexander
Hey G. Alexander, so I did use the blue bucket Red Sea salt , it gave me 9.5 dkh to my tank I also tested it after the mix and it was 9-9.5dkh
So I bought Aquaforest Salt mix and i did a 25g wc and my dkh is at 8.5dkh
So I don't know how to get it lower any suggestions?

I do run a calcium reactor so maybe to drop my alk I should turn it off? I have it dripping pretty slow atm. Or I just have high alkalinity in my water supply?

Also on a good note my potassium levels are really good now with aquaforest salt. 380 range.

Calcium-400
Nitrates-0 maybe 5
Phosphates .10
Magnesium-1200 range
Alkalinity-8.5dkh

I did change out the zeolites I believe Sunday so I'm dosing zeo am for 10 days
So I'm not sure if that's why my phosphates are little higher?

I also am taking out the Live sand every slowly. Cause of phosphate I'm seeing?

Any thoughts or suggestions would be great, thanks G.
Old 07-06-2017, 02:17 AM
ZEOadmin

The regular water changes does just have a small effect to the KH level. KH is the element which is taken up by the consumers very quick so usually not really a problem to bring it down.

You need to adjust your CaCO2 reactor to slowly decrease the level.

Because of the increase of PO4 please check if the flow through your ZeoVit reactor has become lower than usual.

G.Alexander
Old 07-06-2017, 12:23 PM
ZEOhead in Training

[QUOTE=G.Alexander;331854]The regular water changes does just have a small effect to the KH level. KH is the element which is taken up by the consumers very quick so usually not really a problem to bring it down.

You need to adjust your CaCO2 reactor to slowly decrease the level.

Because of the increase of PO4 please check if the flow through your ZeoVit reactor has become lower than usual.

G.Alexander[/QUOTE

Thanks Alexander I'll mess with the adjustments to see if I can get it better.
Thanks again