zeovit.com Sewatec.de - Reef Supply International  

Go Back   zeovit.com > General Discussion Forums - International > General Discussion - English

General Discussion - English General Marine Aquaria Discussion with and without ZEOVit.

Active Threads
0 Converting established tank to Zeovit
Last Post: arringar
Posted On: Today
Replies: 48
Views: 2,531
0 my new thank....
Last Post: blueyedson
Replies: 102
Views: 5,923
0 Converting a 1 yr old tank to Zeovit
Last Post: Vincentwangz
Replies: 16
Views: 690
0 Help starting ZEOvit on an established tank
Last Post: Minichou
Replies: 41
Views: 1,437
0 changing from FM to Zeovit
Last Post: chercm
Posted On: Yesterday
Replies: 215
Views: 8,108
0 New sps tank
Last Post: G.Alexander
Replies: 22
Views: 493
0 Help Needed
Last Post: G.Alexander
Replies: 11
Views: 416
0 Questions on cycling the tank with zeovit
Last Post: FraysReef
Replies: 24
Views: 1,149
0 Hi and please help.
Replies: 4
Views: 115
0 The journey starts 12.09.17
Replies: 12
Views: 333
More...

Old 05-16-2017, 01:57 AM
All Delight All Delight 目前離線
ZEOhead in Training

Quote:
Originally Posted by G.Alexander View Post
I recommend to check the K+ level, should be ~ 380 mg, additional you can decrease the reactor flow temporary to 2/3 to support the stressed corals fro some time.

G.Alexander
Tested potassium today it's 400. I reduced flow to 2/3.

How long should I let it run this way before I see any positive changes assuming lowering the flow rate does the trick?

I started dosing Pohls xtra special 4ml a day as well.
Old 05-18-2017, 12:23 AM
G.Alexander G.Alexander 目前離線
ZEOadmin

It depends so corals loosing tissue if there is any kind of a problem or if they are stressed. If the “real” problem does still exists the lower flow will just slow down the TN until the problem is fixed. Lets see how your corals are doing in the next couple of days, also check as much as possible to find the reason for the TN.

G.Alexander
Old 05-18-2017, 06:27 PM
ZEOhead in Training

Is my dosing regime ok?

.7ml zeostart3 twice a day
8 drops sponge power daily (I see some people doing every other day?)
8 drop zeobak (for 10 days since I changed out zeolites, 2x a week after)
4ml pohls xtra special (just started about a week ago)

Tank been running now for 45 to 50 days.
Old 05-18-2017, 06:32 PM
ZEOhead in Training

Has me stumped because they were doing well at first from day 10 til about day 35. alk, cal, mag, k, all stayed fairly consistent. What did drop was nitrates from 2 down to .02 or sometimes 0. Phosphates went from .12 down to a range of .03 to .08.

However, my LPS are doing good, and I would expect them to react negatively due to the lower nitrates and phosphates rather than the sps.

I'm hoping the problem was from the temp swing. I even opened up a magnet that were submerged to see if it was rusting, it was fine. So I figured the rest were fine too, since they were started on the tank at the same time.
Old 05-18-2017, 11:52 PM
ZEOadmin

If there was a problem it takes some time until stressed corals do recover. Might be a good test to add a test frag from another system to see how it is doing. If it is doing well the other corals should slowly start to recover again.

G.Alexander
Old 05-25-2017, 03:52 AM
ZEOhead in Training

How would u recommend I taper off the zeovit system? Been on it for 50 to 55 days
Old 05-25-2017, 10:56 PM
ZEOadmin

Do you plan to stop it completely, if yes just start to reduce the dosage of all products slowly step by step over a couple of weeks, same with the ZeoVit material, remove it step by step. While dosing this you have to take care about nutrients with some kind of different method.

G.Alexander
Old 06-06-2017, 03:20 AM
ZEOhead in Training

I read you cannot use gfo while using zeo. If I taper off can I use rowaphos to reduce phosphates? My phosphates are at .16 right now. I've cut the dosing in half but I still have all 2 liter of zeo media. However I went from pumping 2x a day to once every 3 days.
Old 06-07-2017, 02:14 AM
ZEOadmin

PO4 absorbers in conjunction with ZeoVit in a nutrient poor system can cause issues so basically you should not need it. If a system is running with a PO4 absorber while the transfer to ZeoVit it is the best to slowly reduce the GFO quantity slowly over a couple of weeks slowly.

Are your corals doing better in the meantime ?

Please also post a update of your dosing regimen and tell how much ZeoVit material you have in the reactor and what exactly the flow is (measured). Do you run the reactor with continuous flow already ?

G.Alexander
Old 06-07-2017, 11:12 AM
ZEOhead in Training

I was dosing zeostart3 .7ml 2x daily (phosphates were around .03 to .06), now I'm at .7ml 1x daily and phosphates are .14 to .16. That's why I was thinking while I'm reducing the zeostart3, I should use another method of removing phosphates.

LPS are doing ok, not as good as when phosphates were .03 to .06.

Nitrates have gone up, it was 0 now it's 5.

Right now I'm dosing:
zeostart3 .7ml 1x daily
sponge power 8 drops every other day or 6 drops daily (depends if I miss a day)
zeobak 8 drops 1x week
reactor is running constant 200gph I try to pump once a day, sometimes I missed 2 or 3 days.
Old 06-08-2017, 02:19 AM
ZEOadmin

Would it not be easier to increase the ZeoStart dosage again to 2 x 0.7 ml which would be the right quantity for the system size ? I would also recommend to check if your ZeoVit reactor has enough flow by measuring it, 200 US gallons per hour are ideal.

Dosing 14 drops BioMate additional every other day might also have a positive impact to the PO4 level.

G.Alexander
Old 06-08-2017, 02:23 AM
ZEOhead in Training

I decreased the zeostart because I was trying to taper off the zeo system. I'll measure the flow and see where it's at. I just decreased the flow today to about 100 gph. I remember you saying it'll help with the stn I was having with sps.

How about dosing coral snow? I saw it reduces phosphates without reducing nitrates?
Old 06-09-2017, 01:58 AM
ZEOadmin

So if your goal it is to stop using ZeoVit the steps to reduce the components slowly are correct. On the other side you can slowly begin to add / install a different method / system to keep nutrients under control.

CoralSnow does not reduce PO4 but there is a new CoralSnow product available which is called Plus does, I never used it.

G.Alexander

Last edited by G.Alexander; 06-09-2017 at 02:12 AM.
Old 07-11-2017, 02:03 AM
ZEOhead in Training

Roller coaster ride...5 weeks ago I decided to taper off the zeovit system and I stopped dosing zeobak, I stopped pumping the reactor, I stopped sponge power, and I reduces zeostart3 to 1ml every 3 days.

Then couple weeks ago I decided, no I want to give this system a legimate chance so in order the help automate the system I ordered an avast vibe reactor so I don't have to pump 2x daily. I installed it last week, I replaced 90% of the zeolites, I replaced the carbon in the bag, and I went back to the original regime of dosing zeobak, zeostart3, sponge power.

My nitrates and phosphates are out of whack 25 and .32. Do you recommend and sit tight and let the zeolites do their thing Or could I run some gfo temporarily to get the phosphates under control to .10 then take the gfo out.
Old 07-11-2017, 02:19 AM
ZEOadmin

I would recommend to just use the basics at the moment and observe the system over the next couple of weeks if the PO4 level does start to decrease. GFO might cause more harm than good at the moment.

You can also introduce BioMate to your dosing regimen (2 drops / 25 US gallons) every other day for some time as it might be helpful to decrease PO4.

G.Alexander